Heat and exercise

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
How do you guys find the heat and training when in FL? Last time I went to Fl was 4/5 years ago and then i've developed a gym OCD and running obsession. I'm guessing early morning is the best time to go running, just wondered how everyone finds it and how it affects your performance. Also any tips.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I find early and I mean very early works best for me and lots of water before and after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention LOTS of water!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also cut back while there as my boys are open to close park commandos that involves lots of walking

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
I find early and I mean very early works best for me and lots of water before and after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention LOTS of water!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also cut back while there as my boys are open to close park commandos that involves lots of walking

Thank you! Yeah, should porbably bare in mind not to do the usual with all the walking. Thanks for the advice! Mind me asking what time you usually go? 6/7amish?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you! Yeah, should porbably bare in mind not to do the usual with all the walking. Thanks for the advice! Mind me asking what time you usually go? 6/7amish?
5:30 or 6 on workout morning which do not happen every day. I bring my own weights, stretch bands and a few workout DVDs

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
5:30 or 6 on workout morning which do not happen every day. I bring my own weights, stretch bands and a few workout DVDs

Awesome, thank you so much. My apartment is across from a gym I get to use so can do weights there thankfully. The thought of 2 weeks without it was making me twitch.

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
I don't ever work out or run when I'm visiting WDW. 12 to 15 hours of walking per day is enough for me. :)

(Well, unless it's a runDisney weekend of course.)
yeah I think that's probably how it will be most days, but the few mornings my family want to spend round the pool is when I escape, because I find it mind numbingly boring ☺️ thanks guys

dreamfinder

At WDW I either use the gym, or get up before going to the parks and go for a run around the resort. Depends on where I am going and when. Going for runs at OKW at 6 AM just helps to confirm that yes, buses do start running at 6:30ish, no matter what the front desk will tell you. Just slow the pace accordingly and make sure to hydrate.

BrianV

Running in Florida in the summer was darn near impossible last year. Hats off to all you Floridians. I could manage maybe a mile before I was soaked and exhausted. Will be in the same boat again this summer. Wondering if after sunset might actually be better than early am.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Running in Florida in the summer was darn near impossible last year. Hats off to all you Floridians. I could manage maybe a mile before I was soaked and exhausted. Will be in the same boat again this summer. Wondering if after sunset might actually be better than early am.

Which is why we in Florida run on a treadmill at home or the gym when it gets hot. And combine the heat with humidity averaging in the 60-70%. Today's heat index at 3:00PM was 104. And it's June. August is typically the hottest month. I shudder to think how hot it will be then. My utility bill is going to make me cry.

After sunset isn't that much cooler. Up in my neck of the woods, the projected temperature at 11:00PM today is in the mid-80s. And dark brings out those pesky mosquitoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom