A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

MagicHappens1971

Gate 3 is definite in a way, ever since February; there has been developments going around of the county of Universal's new plot of land that's 450 acres (Next to the OCCC).
Thank you! I haven't really heard much about it, but unless I'm forgetting, wouldn't the OCCC be a little far off the current property? Wouldn't they need like a pedestrian walkway or transportation of some sort?

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Thank you! I haven't really heard much about it, but unless I'm forgetting, wouldn't the OCCC be a little far off the current property? Wouldn't they need like a pedestrian walkway or transportation of some sort?

I know a few on here have hinted at some type of transportation system but I've yet to read any specifics on what that might actually entail.

MagicHappens1971

Spirit says - announcement late this year
Thank you! Disney really needs to pick up the pace and just get things up to par in general, I'm not speaking directly about new attractions, which yes they do need, I'm just referring to things like the Tiki Rooms animatronics, I just went on it today and it was looking (and sounding) rough lol. Universal isn't super close to Disney in attendance but they'll get closer if Disney doesn't tighten up so to speak

Mike S

Spirit says - announcement late this year
I don't think that's what he meant by major announcements later this year. I would expect details on Nintendo or the rumored Secret Life of Pets, Avengers and/or whatever's happening to Dragon Challenge way before the third park. He also explicitly said for both current parks.
Yep. Although, judging from the reader's comments to the L.A. Times story "Disney vows to fight after its characters are spotted at rival Chinese theme park," I wonder how many people would pledge their support in such a Telethon.

A sampling:
Just had to say, not once has any Disney shirt I've bought fallen apart. All of them at least a year old with one of them being from the 40th 5 years ago. Did they wash it in acid?

Alexshow

I don't think that's what he meant by major announcements later this year. I would expect details on Nintendo or the rumored Secret Life of Pets, Avengers and/or whatever's happening to Dragon Challenge way before the third park. He also explicitly said for both current parks.

I doubt that SLOP is Orlando-bound anytime soon..but with DC, i'd suspect that they may not have to start construction as soon as your thinking.

If their ambition is to have Gate 3 as fast as possible (which, I think is the case); we'll see it announced later this year with a groundbreaking date and target release window, but we wouldn't hear any of the IPs just yet. At least, in the right mind; I'd suspect that.

Personally, I hope that they don't announce it so soon; as it could detract peoples wanting to go to the parks next year (With Fallon, VB and F&F Launching next year), but it wouldn't surprise me that they intend on announcing it just for the sake of getting it out of the announcing table for now.

Who knows, but in a way; I guess we need to just wait and see at this point.

MonkeyHead

Almost positive he meant an announcement for the Wet n Wild land by the end of the year -ie: more hotels. With the bulldozers coming in Jan 2017, it makes sense since UO tends to announce hotels pre-construction and attractions during.

Alexshow

Almost positive he meant an announcement for the Wet n Wild land by the end of the year -ie: more hotels

that I think is highly possible too; that WDW means that the WNW plot is going to get its announcement by December. In my mind, if they announce the Third Gate by the end of the year, I can see WNW being included to the announcement as a means of announcing massive infrastructure changes coming to some of their "other plots" (AKA, WNW and the 450 acres). It'd show that Universal would be willing to give more workers jobs, plus having the promise of more experiences coming along the way (much like when they announced at USH the Epic Transformation shortly after their opening of DMMM).

Once again, I guess we'll wait and see; as anything is possible at this point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just had to say, not once has any Disney shirt I've bought fallen apart. All of them at least a year old with one of them being from the 40th 5 years ago. Did they wash it in acid?
While we are at it, a bottle of water costs $3 or less not $5 but why let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned gripe;). I'm pretty sure it's actually against the law for anyone to say things that are factually accurate in the comments section of an online article.

SJN1279

Everyone I know who saw Alice, really enjoyed it. Part of me thinks that Disney is paying critics to write bad reviews of the film. Johnny Depp's Disney contract is nearing its end, and he is going to play for the competition in 2018, I'm thinking they want to see to it that he crashes and burns before he arrives for The Invisible Man.

Filby61

While we are at it, a bottle of water costs $3 or less not $5 but why let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned gripe;). I'm pretty sure it's actually against the law for anyone to say things that are factually accurate in the comments section of an online article.

Blowing off the comments because of an inaccurate price of bottled water misses the overall point. The L.A. Times article was about Disney fighting back against an obvious Chinese ripoff of Disney IPs. One would think that the reader comments would be full of support for Disney and bashing of the Chinese.

Instead, Disney got little support and lots of accusations of being greedy and cheap. The nastiest of the comments were directed at Disney, not at the Chinese.

Now where do you suppose those anti-Disney attitudes are coming from?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Blowing off the comments because of an inaccurate price of bottled water misses the overall point. The L.A. Times article was about Disney fighting back against an obvious Chinese ripoff of Disney IPs. One would think that the reader comments would be full of support for Disney and bashing of the Chinese.

Instead, Disney got little support and lots of accusations of being greedy and cheap. The nastiest of the comments were directed at Disney, not at the Chinese.

Now where do you suppose those anti-Disney attitudes are coming from?

The crazy readers of the LA Times?

ProfSavage

Since we're sorta on the topic of Univerisal's 3rd gate, how likely is it to happen? And if it is happening, how soon?
Spaceballs_2_023.png

seabreezept813

Historically China has no concept of individual ownership of an idea and that predates communism by millennia, In the past if someone in a village came up with a better mousetrap soon EVERYONE in the village would be producing it and that's OK with the original inventor as other villages would buy the better mousetrap and the village would gain face and wealth.

Today IP is the same thing the Chinese do not respect the individual ownership of an idea or a design.

It's definately a cultural difference. My Chinese students think plagiarism is a way of honoring someone else's work. They even hand in fully copied papers with the URL still on them. It takes them awhile to adapt to our way of protecting individual property.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's definately a cultural difference. My Chinese students think plagiarism is a way of honoring someone else's work. They even hand in fully copied papers with the URL still on them. It takes them awhile to adapt to our way of protecting individual property.

Typical, A friend who teaches mechanical engineering at a well known college always brings new chinese students to tears when he gives them a failing grade when they regurgitate the example in the book (he let's them retake the exam) but they are always completely blown away when he tells them that he's looking for ORIGINAL solutions to the problem. They also think they are honoring the scholar who wrote the book by memorizing his solution.

The vast majority of his Chinese (from the Mainland) students catch on after their first exam with him, The remainder well they wash out of his class, It's not that the Chinese kids are not bright they are it's how they are enculturated.

WDW1995

It's kinda funny how some take every negative aspect of Chinese culture and justify it by proclaiming it to be a "cultural difference." I've lived there, know the language and have respect for the culture etc., but it's not some alien planet where they don't have a concept of cheating and think that it somehow honors the person they're ripping off. That's just what they tell gullible Westerners ; ) Chinese people plagiarize for the same reasons anybody would if they could get away with it: it's easy. This is enabled by the fact that no one in Chinese universities cares if students cheat, because over there a university education is mostly a rubber stamp. The application/examination process is very high-pressure, but once you're in, it's supposed to be an easy, care-free four years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom