DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

MagicHappens1971

Can't help but think that could've been a Monsters Inc Door Coaster...

Honestly don't understand Disney's thinking with this and the whole Toy Story Land concept. Such wasted potential at the back of the park.
There's still room for it, if Disney wants to build it. Monstropolis would've been cooler, I doubt it's coming though. I really think one of the cheapest and quickest ways would be to take the whole Pixar Place concept and exaggerate it. Build a replica of the Pixar Studios building, and put several attractions within, dark rides, the door coaster for example, a show or something, ect. That would only work if they could some how use forced perspective to make the building look like all one building, because I'm think it would have to have show buildings wider/longer then the actual Studio would be.

djkidkaz

80 Minutes now... but event that is way down from the past.... So maybe an hour wait?

The parks are pretty slow right now. 80 or 60 minutes is still an awful wait and not one I'd stand in. Hoping this is just a learning curve and the wait drops down closer to 30 minutes or less.

No Name

It looks very nice. I like it. No complaints from me. Or at least complaints that are worth sharing.

I still don't understand how the heck they'll be moving the entire TSMM entrance to face Toy Story Land. I just can't picture how that'll work and fear that something bad will come of it. But what we saw today looks very nice, so I'll hold off those worries for a couple of years from now.

I'm glad Disney decided to expand the ride. It was a very smart move on their part.

JohnWD

My point was the park is obviously going to SEEM packed when 1/3 of it is walled off.
i don't agree with SEEM. SEEM is relative, but "stuffed" is absolute. Yes, there are less people in the park, but the capacity is now less. My point was that yesterday the park was close to full, and that the wait on TSMM was 80, not 120. Are you thinking Disney will still allow the same number of people into DHS even though so much of the park area is closed? I don't think so.

Next Big Thing

i don't agree with SEEM. SEEM is relative, but "stuffed" is absolute. Yes, there are less people in the park, but the capacity is now less. My point was that yesterday the park was close to full, and that the wait on TSMM was 80, not 120. Are you thinking Disney will still allow the same number of people into DHS even though so much of the park area is closed? I don't think so.
No, my point is and has been that even though the park may be packed, it's running at far less capacity which means the park hitting capacity is much easier.

JohnWD

No, my point is and has been that even though the park may be packed, it's running at far less capacity which means the park hitting capacity is much easier.
Duh! I agree! So my original post was that when the park is close to capacity (i.e. "stuffed"), the wait time on TSMM was 80, not 120. The post I responded to originally thought 80 was high in a slow time, but for DHS yesterday it was not "slow" since the park was near capacity.

skimbob

I wish they would expand TSMM at DCA. The wait is always extremely long and there are no FPs. I still like Astroblasters better but I would still like to do TSMM without the eternal wait.

JohnWD

Given what's been said, I've always heard that TSMM and Soarin' are walk on's compared to their Florida counterparts..
Soarin' is 50 minutes at 4pm PDT. I've been to DCA many times this year and Soarin' always has a long wait and it's tough to get a fast pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom