The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Jelly after Epcot is closed is my choice. Love it.

Never been in there, but have heard good reviews from others, too. Especially, when the parks are more crowded, they do a good business in there at night. (I don't enter clubs as a solo visitor, even at Disney. Guess that some of my decisions are old school, but I really wouldn't be comfortable going to a club unless I was with other friends, for example.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Boy, that is a flip of the coin. The friend two properties down from me is a cool as a cucumber fresh from the fridge. If you asked me this question 2 or 3 years ago I would have had a different answer as I believe a good chunk of law enforcement and our Military are wired differently than we are. Most to serve and protect is a mindset and their very being. I believe that is still the core of most. Still and I won't take sides, with all the jump to conclusions over the last few years I can appreciate your question given the darned if you do and darned if you don't react in their professions in the last few years.

But I worked at Ohare right out of college. I watched many a thing come down in the era of post hijacking. Me, I find this new security a half dozen of a deterrent and the balance of the dozen-boots on the ground. Give they have the option, say law enforcement or the Pups spot something I'd be more inclined to believe given the opportunity the confrontation would not be in security entrance area. Just too much collateral damage possibilities all smooshed together. I doubt much of it has to do with pay scale, law enforcement has few slackers, if anything more striving to be overachievers, they just don't want to get killed or anyone else killed doing it. It is a predicament the position Disney is in with all this.

Those were some interesting observations about law enforcement and military. However, (if I'm not mistaken here), I "think" the security screening people are either from a private company, or they might even be Disney employees at this point--but, not actually licensed law enforcement professionals. Maybe that's why they also have OC Sheriff's uniformed officers visible now at all the parks--in case a licensed officer was needed.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sympathy like. A run Disney event is on our bucket list. Me for the exercise and views, my dh plans of bench hunting:hilarious:

You could always do the virtual run they are currently offering. I thought about it for the cool medals, but then I decided not to do it this time around.

I like you husband's bench hunting plan, I love a nice scenic bench at Disney.

ratherbeinwdw

I feel your pain. My Magic band one trip failed to let me in at the MK and the process to override that was trying my patients by the end of that trip. I was fine in the other parks but we did hit the MK everyday of that long trip. Anything that keeps repeating wears ya down.

Did you ever manage to get photo's to upload? I had issues for the last year. I still cannot upload on this site. I have to upload elsewhere and import.
No. I can upload an avatar, but not in the text box.

ratherbeinwdw

Ford finally got the parts to repair the airbag in my daughter's mustang. We've been waiting for six months. I have been extremely nervous for her to drive it. I called the company and tried to get a loaner car for her to drive to and from class because one of the other companies locally was doing that. They said that since they had no way of knowing when the parts would be available, they couldn't do that. The only reason I let her keep driving it was that it is newer, always garaged at home and school and the defect has shown up in cars that are old or are in wet, hot weather. Florida had the most cases last time I checked. I just hope they repair it correctly.
She'll be so happy to be able to get back to her normal driving without having to drive my car or have her boyfriend drive her places. She loves that car.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ford finally got the parts to repair the airbag in my daughter's mustang. We've been waiting for six months. I have been extremely nervous for her to drive it. I called the company and tried to get a loaner car for her to drive to and from class because one of the other companies locally was doing that. They said that since they had no way of knowing when the parts would be available, they couldn't do that. The only reason I let her keep driving it was that it is newer, always garaged at home and school and the defect has shown up in cars that are old or are in wet, hot weather. Florida had the most cases last time I checked. I just hope they repair it correctly.
She'll be so happy to be able to get back to her normal driving without having to drive my car or have her boyfriend drive her places. She loves that car.
I got a recall notice and car registration papers in the mail with in a week of trading in the old one.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Arg. Poor kid. So frustrating when things are so out of your control and you're at the mercy of those who are at fault. Just wrong.
Guess I feel her pain too 'cause I wanted a Mustang like my Uncle had since I was around 8 years old. I did not wavier. My first car was a brand new Mustang. Loved that car and when she passed on we had a wake for her and my Sis sent me flowers.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Never been in there, but have heard good reviews from others, too. Especially, when the parks are more crowded, they do a good business in there at night. (I don't enter clubs as a solo visitor, even at Disney. Guess that some of my decisions are old school, but I really wouldn't be comfortable going to a club unless I was with other friends, for example.)

Yeah, I wouldn't be going to a bar or nightclub by myself either. Then again I don't hang in bars or nightclubs in my everyday life and never did. Every year after our kids summer swim club ended we'd all go to local pub which is a restaurant and a bar with food on the other side of the wall (back to the days of smoking vs non smoking rooms.) We'd head to the bar right after the final conference, we'd eat, I'd have a glass a wine and we'd be out of there by about 4pm. Some of our Dear Friends from a team of over 100 families would stay until closing at 2am. We had a banquet always the next day at Noon. You could always pick out the 2am'ers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom