Am I The Only One....This Site Is Becoming Way To Negative

wendysue

I respect the way you have worded this reply :) thank you for taking the time.

I find it interesting to understand why people who can no longer seem to find anything positive about Disney continue to fill these forums with such negativity. It just wasn't always that way - haha, looks like I too am reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Hence my decision to leave. Just wanted to make this last post before I left, as I needed to voice my slight disappointment and how things have become.....a site for Disney fans that seems to be overrun by people who just cannot find a single positive thing to day about it....

Seems to be the way of the world these days. No one can have an "opinion" without offending SOMEONE. As for the discord on these forums, I think that the people that have spent many years and thousands of dollars (us included) :greedy:with this company feel as if they are being left behind and Disney just doesn't care. There is such a thing as too much technology and with the FP+, magic bands, etc. some just feel like cattle being herded around.
I want you to just not pay attention to the negative, go and enjoy your time there. I like to read about everyone's trips here, but I know that going back is not an option for us. I NEVER dreamed I would say, "Nah, let's go somewhere else" :jawdrop:, but it happened.

DisneyFans4Life

I have always agreed that certain folks on this site are negative...or at least come across that way. I'm all about being a fan and supporter and can appreciate someone being unhappy about something they're so passionate about, but IMO there is a way to express those feelings in a more positive way. The way it's coming out is that people hate Iger and Disney and that nothing is good anymore.

Call me a pixie duster or drinking the Kool-Aid...I like Disney and will continue to enjoy every visit I make.

raven

A forum is a forum, a place to discuss and give opinions about topics. Not everything you read is going to be sprinkled with pixie dust as many members here have experienced the "other side of Disney." I feel it is important to discuss these matters if you want to get the entire guest opinions on things. If you want an all positive experience, buy a WDW guide book.

216bruce

Disney is a microcosm of the business world as a whole. I really can't think of any huge corp that is "better". They all serve their board of directors and the shareholders first. I hate that as a fan, but as a shareholder I understand it and have done very well by it. I think the outlook on these boards reflects how folks feel about a lot of businesses and the country as a whole. You could easily rename the boards "Make Disney Great Again" in a lot of the vibe you get from the posts and the responses...there's sure a lot of common feelings (right or not, depending on your view). I spend a lot less time here than I used to as the company becomes more like any other and the posts reflect something apart from what I want from my experience here. Will it change? Probably at some point. The folks who 'remember when' will leave or move on, one way or another, and there will be less 'past' involved in the discussion . Will the parks 'get better'? Depends on your view, your memories and past experiences and what you want/expect from Disney. Ultimately, as long as the parks are packed, the merch moves and people flock to the films, Disney has no reason to change anything. Supply and demand. A product doesn't change as long as it sells.

Jimmy Thick

Disney World is a huge part of my families life, we have had such incredible memories.

I personally go to WDW for a vacation and treat the experience as such considering Iam paying to be there.

In this day and age of Internet information and political correctness I feel people have forgotten what a vacation means. I also feel some people enjoy Internet infamy and go along with others, be it positive or negative because it gives them a sense of belonging, why that would be important is debatable.

WDW is still and always will be a fantastic vacation destination people just need to relax and see it for what it truly is and get over themselves.

Since people enjoy this mystifying analogy of comparing WDW with sports teams, the bottom line is this, if you vote with your hard earned cash someone somewhere will notice, complaining about it gets you nowhere.

Jimmy Thick- How about those Chicago Cubs?

CaptainAmerica

I think one major source of negativity is that Disney fans are aging. People don't feel the same magic they felt the first time they went to the Magic Kingdom or the same wonder they felt the first time they rode Horizons, partly due to the fact that they were 12 years old the first time they did those things, and now they're in their 40s. Things tend to be less magical than your childhood when 1) you're paying the bills, 2) you have a job and a mortgage waiting for you at home, and 3) you've done it every year for the last three decades.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I shall :) no worries there - BUT this was supposed to be a forum for fans of the Disney magic..... so surely those who are no longer enamoured with Disney would be best to find another forum? Anyway, I just think its a shame.
And many who point out bad things are passionate fans - still - who do care. A hell of a lot.

They complain because they care.

For the record I'm looking forward greatly to my first DCL trip.

Seabasealpha1

I'd almost love a section strictly for unleashing one's frustrations with the parks and the company...maybe a spot for the most critical of us to unload...without much back and forth mudslinging between the "Snark Tank" and the Pixie-Dusters". Maybe inversely there should be a sort of "Cloud-Cuckoo Land" for the positive frame of mind folks only...

Maybe the "Snark Tank" should come with a warning label attached so that the timid or delicate of heart know to avoid it...lest they be skewered and barbecued...

Maybe it'd bleed off some of the pressure in the other sections of the forum?

:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've said it before, but just incase.

I think it is important to not paint the entire site with the same brush. Different parts of the site have different views, and different ways of expressing things.

1. The main site at www.wdwmagic.com - I just report the facts, and it can be interpreted as negative or positive depending on your viewpoint.

2. The threads in News and Rumors on the forums - the hard core fans tend to post most often here, and you will see that passion in a lot of the posts. Just like with anyone who follows sports, some of the biggest fans can also be the biggest critics.

3. The threads on the rest of the forums - areas such as trip planning, restaurants, resorts, photography, running - all tend to be mostly positive.

Siren

Honestly, WDWMAGIC is the *best* Disney forum and news sight out there. Trust me, I have searched and you will not find a better source for the most up to date and relevant Disney news and information.

And overall, the WDWMAGIC forum is the most fun to me -- give or take a few bad apples. But, they are *everywhere*, not just here -- so you shouldn't take them seriously at all, as they are mostly a joke. Just laugh at them like I do.

Wow. I used to come to these forums and enjoy the fun discussions of all things Walt Disney World and beyond. However, it would seem that these forums have simply become home to moaning, complaining people who have no desire to see anything remotely positive about the parks. Coming onto these forums now puts a downer on my trip planning. It puts a negative spin on ANY news that is released. People seem to use this place to complain and reminisce about the glory days etc. In fact I am willing to bet that some of you won't finish reading this post before you feel the need to jump in and tell me how unobservant or Disney brain-washed I am for feeling anything other than disgust with the current way of things.

Truth is, we still have a wonderful time. We still make fantastic memories. We still love to travel all the way from the UK even though it costs too much to go any more frequently than every other year at best.

I wonder....... you must be on these forums because you enjoy something about Disney? If it is just a memory of Disney that you still love, then why hang around on these forums? Why not leave and enjoy a Disney free life and maybe then these forums can become a place of positivity and excitement for those who still value their trips to the parks. After all, surely it must become boring after a while to come to these forums and complain so much?

I am sure this post won't be clever enough - I have no doubt it will be picked apart a million times over. I am not here to battle with you all, but man you guys know how to play down what still is my happiest place on earth.

I respect the way you have worded this reply :) thank you for taking the time.

I find it interesting to understand why people who can no longer seem to find anything positive about Disney continue to fill these forums with such negativity. It just wasn't always that way - haha, looks like I too am reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Hence my decision to leave. Just wanted to make this last post before I left, as I needed to voice my slight disappointment and how things have become.....a site for Disney fans that seems to be overrun by people who just cannot find a single positive thing to day about it....
Awww. I clicked on the "Is There Anyone Positive Left" thread link and it brought right back me here -- I'm already in this thread, lol.

I noticed that every time I leave and take a break that threads like this start to pop up, just like this original thread. LOL.

With that said, it bothers me when posters who barely post and have really low post counts start threads like this. I noticed that your post count is way lower than mine (which is rare). And, I have never seen you post on this forum until now which is so unfortunate.

I really wish you and posters like you would post more, we need posters like you to engage with the community.

Sometimes, I really don't feel like posting but I believe in the "power of attraction" -- I know that when I post there is a high likelihood that I will attract other brilliant, magnetic people like me.

And, I don't want everyone to have the same opinion because that's boring and no fun at all. Who wants to hear the same thing regurgitated over and over again? I'm just talking about being kind and respectful toward one another.

I find that most intelligent people welcome *opposing* viewpoints, which is paramount and vital to having a healthy stimulating discussion.

So, I do not think you should leave and I do hope you reconsider. It's okay to take a break every now and then -- that's what I do. It could be 7 days or 7 months -- just check the main page to keep up on all the hottest Disney news and stuff.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Jimmy Thick- How about those Chicago Cubs?

Literally the worst possible example. The Cubs fans show up regardless of how bad their team is. Filling the owners pockets even while the team has been a joke for a century. They did the exact opposite of voting with their wallets. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that you would make a dumb uninformed post though...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Literally the worst possible example. The Cubs fans show up regardless of how bad their team is. Filling the owners pockets even while the team has been a joke for a century. They did the exact opposite of voting with their wallets. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that you would make a dumb uninformed post though...
A thick post, some would say....

ProfSavage

When I first started here in 2012, I was shocked and a little peeved at the "Doom and Gloomers."

And then Frostrom happened.

Then I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Negativity at Disney, Blasphemers....now be quite and go ride Soarin...its now open again..be happy..its a small world after all
My main issue is that they spout negativity on every thread they visit, and it is frequently the same issue over and over and over again. Yes, there are problems, but it is nowhere near as bad as they claim it to be.

I have no problem with posting the reality, but what the post isn't the reality either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom