How long of a day is it?

5Adults

We're a party of 5 adults going to Disneyworld February 18-25, 2017. We're staying in an off site condo and renting a car. We plan to arrive at theme parks early to get on rides, will use Fast Pass, and will wander and choose attractions as we go. We'll book another FastPass once our first 3 run out. We'll have breakfast at the condo, bring snacks, but likely stop for quick lunch in the park. We'll want to see the fireworks at night but that makes for a hella long day. Maybe we'll only stay that long for fireworks 2 days. Are the fireworks best at MG and HS? Then I heard AK has a lovely night show...Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
All 4 parks nighttime shows are/will be a must see at least once every trip. We have to see them all at MK, HS (Fantasmic and Star Wars Fireworks), Epcot, and now the new offerings at AK soon. They are all awesome and wouldn't skip any of them. :)

Upvote 0

5Adults

Original Poster
Thx sxeensweet. It's great to hear your opinion the fireworks are great at any of the 4 theme parks. We may not go to all 4 theme parks since our holiday is including some other things, but I think MK and Epcot are the two we'll see fireworks in. We'd like to go to the Boardwalk after Epcot for night life and then we'll be able to see Epcot's fireworks.

Upvote 0

Philo

If you're only going to be in the parks for 2 days then I would make the effort to stay out for the shows. If you get tired you can always just find a place to sit and relax for a bit.

Make sure you're within Epcot for the show, as its much more than fireworks and you'll want a clear view over the lake.

Upvote 0

SAV

Definitely need to be in EPCOT and around the lake for the show. It isn't just fireworks. Can't speak to the new AK show since I haven't seen it, but it does look wonderful. Wishes, is great. My least favorite is Fantasmic, but it is still something that should be seen once and then you decide.

And it honestly isn't that long of a day. If my kids at 8 and 12 can do open to close for 4 days in a row without issue, I'd suspect 5 adults can do it quite easily. You are running on Pixie Dust and it just doesn't seem that long.

Upvote 0

5Adults

Original Poster
Definitely need to be in EPCOT and around the lake for the show. It isn't just fireworks. Can't speak to the new AK show since I haven't seen it, but it does look wonderful. Wishes, is great. My least favorite is Fantasmic, but it is still something that should be seen once and then you decide.And it honestly isn't that long of a day. If my kids at 8 and 12 can do open to close for 4 days in a row without issue, I'd suspect 5 adults can do it quite easily. You are running on Pixie Dust and it just doesn't seem that long.
Thanks SAV! Glad to hear Epcot's and MK Wishes are not to be missed. Kids have boundless energy ... that's for sure. I'm getting close to having my itinerary figured out and look forward to sharing it for feedback. Need to discuss a bit further with one of my sons.It appears folks on this board are die-hard Disney lovers. And who can blame them!! Our trip is only 6 days and we want to include Typhoon Lagoon and Universal Islands of Adventure for one day each. So we may only do MK and Epcot and save a couple days for outlet malls and the like. I'm trying to build an adult trip where everyone gets something they like. And I realize there is no way we will see al there is to see on our first trip to Disney. We'll whet our appetites for future trips, I'm sure. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

5Adults

Original Poster
If you're only going to be in the parks for 2 days then I would make the effort to stay out for the shows. If you get tired you can always just find a place to sit and relax for a bit. Make sure you're within Epcot for the show, as its much more than fireworks and you'll want a clear view over the lake.
Oops, just saw your post also, Philo. Thank you so much for this information. OK we will enjoy the boardwalk but boogie our butts back to Epcot for the fireworks. Methinks I have no idea what a treat we are in for LOL. You guys are so great!!

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Oops, just saw your post also, Philo. Thank you so much for this information. OK we will enjoy the boardwalk but boogie our butts back to Epcot for the fireworks. Methinks I have no idea what a treat we are in for LOL. You guys are so great!!
Illuminations is wonderful. I personally would not waste any of my Epcot day at Boardwalk unless you are walking over from the International Gateway to eat somewhere over there. Oh, it is worth a walk around to see if you have extra time, but it sounds like you have a tight schedule.
The best advice I can give for a long day at any of the parks is to slow down, pace yourself and don't try to see or do it all, as you simply can not do it all. Enjoying what you can at a reasonable pace, for us, is so much better than trying to cram in too much. Quality time beats quantity every time.

Upvote 0

5Adults

Original Poster
Illuminations is wonderful. I personally would not waste any of my Epcot day at Boardwalk unless you are walking over from the International Gateway to eat somewhere over there. Oh, it is worth a walk around to see if you have extra time, but it sounds like you have a tight schedule. The best advice I can give for a long day at any of the parks is to slow down, pace yourself and don't try to see or do it all, as you simply can not do it all. Enjoying what you can at a reasonable pace, for us, is so much better than trying to cram in too much. Quality time beats quantity every time.
OK thanks. Yes we just want to eat at Boardwalk or stroll past, but I think I'm getting the idea that there is SO much to see in Epcot, we can just as well eat there and stay put for the fireworks Illuminations ... which sound spectacular. I soooo appreciate your advice to put quality over quantity. We are all laid back peeps and prefer a relaxed approach over a frenetic see-as-much-as-you-can vacation. Life is long. We will be back. OMG how am I going to wait 9 flippin' months!! I want to see it all NOW.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

OK thanks. Yes we just want to eat at Boardwalk or stroll past, but I think I'm getting the idea that there is SO much to see in Epcot, we can just as well eat there and stay put for the fireworks Illuminations ... which sound spectacular. I soooo appreciate your advice to put quality over quantity. We are all laid back peeps and prefer a relaxed approach over a frenetic see-as-much-as-you-can vacation. Life is long. We will be back. OMG how am I going to wait 9 flippin' months!! I want to see it all NOW.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Long days.... yeah but you can find a lot to do to fill those days up and youll wish you had more time. Another person telling you Illuminations is a must see show. But be sure to pick out a spot to watch from in advance. There are some better areas to view from and if you can arrange dining, there are areas to watch from as you dine. I think Illuminations beats all the other fireworks because of the wonderful presentation and scenes projected on the globe.

Upvote 0

5Adults

Original Poster
Thanks Jiminy Cricket! I know we are in for a treat and at least one of my sons is going to love Epcot and Illuminations since he is all about the planet. I will take your advice and make an ADR with a restaurant with a good view and timed with fireworks. Perfect, thx :facepalm:

Upvote 0

5Adults

Original Poster
Hi again :)
Yes, that's true. Both the Boardwalk and Disney Springs has my interest. I love they're free and I'll see if the remainder of the group wants to do that on other nights.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Hi again :)
Yes, that's true. Both the Boardwalk and Disney Springs has my interest. I love they're free and I'll see if the remainder of the group wants to do that on other nights.

As a side note... I HIGHLY recommend watching the show in the France pavilion: Impressions de France. We watch it every time we go to Epcot. It is one of our favorite shows in Disney and it is often overlooked by many.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

I agree with everyone here. Enjoy Wishes! at the MK and Illuminations at Epcot. As many here will tell you, Wishes! will be the first fireworks show that will bring a tear to your eye and Illuminations is just awesome. I listen to both in my car all the time.
Speaking of time - don't worry about it. Time spent in the "bubble" is different than the outside, real world - whether you're young or young at hear. When you're at WDW, you live in the moment and when you've enjoyed one attraction, you only think of what you want to experience next. Your days will be longer than they are at home, but you won't be tired. You'll be so pumped up that you'll have a hard time falling asleep - but you will - with a smile on your face. We've been doing this since our kids were 3. They've managed beautifully every trip. There's pleasure at every age with kids and with their WDW experiences, too.
Do what you want to do. Try your best. It will fall in place nicely & whatever you don't get to do this time, you'll do next time. Trust me. Trust us. You'll be planning your next trip while you're there. You'll see. :happy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom