Ok so what things do you refuse to pay for that you'd actually like to do?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Those things you look at and think "That looks good" and then see the price and think "Well I'm not paying that!!!!". For us we'd always thought that the deserts at the firework desert party at the MK looked very appetising. Also the idea of sitting there eating whilst watching the fireworks seemed good, until we saw the price :eek:

We also last year saw the amphicars at Disney Springs and thought it looked like a rather exciting activity to enjoy. Once again though we thought the price far too prohibitive, we could afford it if we wanted but just couldn't justify paying that for what it was.

Anything else out there that you'd like to do but won't pay to do?

JIMINYCR

Victoria & Alberts dinner.... I know some guests love the exclusive experience, but its not that appealing to me. And I refuse to bring a dinner jacket with me to Disney.
Amphicars.... I also looked at it and thought, yeah thats cool but do I really want to pay that much for a ride in a dressed up boat?
Any DVC.... Pay a monthly mortgage for something I wont own, cant pass ownership on to my DS and I have friends who had a difficult time selling theirs when they had financial issues.
Art at Disney.... Yeah those paintings would look great in my home, but at thousands of $$$$ I'll go with a cheaper poster print.
Art at Wyland Galleries, Boardwalk.... I love walking through and gazing at the beautiful pieces , but again .... the cost.
VIP tour... Expensive per person cost ....Welllll, it might be worth it if I get to skip those long lines..:rolleyes:

DManRightHere

Those things you look at and think "That looks good" and then see the price and think "Well I'm not paying that!!!!". For us we'd always thought that the deserts at the firework desert party at the MK looked very appetising. Also the idea of sitting there eating whilst watching the fireworks seemed good, until we saw the price :eek:

We also last year saw the amphicars at Disney Springs and thought it looked like a rather exciting activity to enjoy. Once again though we thought the price far too prohibitive, we could afford it if we wanted but just couldn't justify paying that for what it was.

Anything else out there that you'd like to do but won't pay to do?

Before the price increase, I thought the dessert party was worth it every few years.

draybook

Staying in a Deluxe Hotel...They look so nice. Your mind says "Hey! We can Do this!" Then you go look online, See the price, Your Mind then says "What the Fecking Feeeeeeck! That hotel off of I-4 is looking pretty good don't you think?"

This. I know that eventually we will stay in all of the resorts and we're working our way towards the deluxe resorts. However, when I think that all we're going to do is sleep, shave, shower and sh......well, you know. That kinda makes it hard to embrace shelling out that much dough.

DManRightHere

Wanyama Safari. $190 a person. Sadly we can drive a couple a couple hours south and go to a non profit zoo with an open bus prairie experience and feed the animals bread for $12 a person, but they don't have giraffes.

mergatroid

Original Poster
This. I know that eventually we will stay in all of the resorts and we're working our way towards the deluxe resorts. However, when I think that all we're going to do is sleep, shave, shower and sh......well, you know. That kinda makes it hard to embrace shelling out that much dough.

I'm sure nobody would object to the word shampoo being used on here by you boys :rolleyes:

lemon meringue

It all just depends on how much someone wants to do something. If you don't want to do something then it isn't worth paying any amount- to you. Someone else might think that experience is the coolest thing ever, and for them doing it might be the highlight of their trip. I don't see how anyone can judge another person's enjoyment. We all make choices when it comes to disposable income. Something like the early morning hours thing- I can see where for a family who is only visiting once, or once in many years, would enjoy having a near empty park with a few select walk on attractions, especially if crowds and planning are overwhelming for them. Do I need it?- probably not. We visit Disney often, know it well, know how to navigate, and know that if we miss something we'll be back again. Amphicars- okay, it looks stupid to me. No thanks. Yet if one of my kids said "Mommy I want to do that more than ANYTHING" heck, I'm on the amphicar. Everything is just relative to the individual and the circumstance. As for the deluxe hotel argument- Mommy's staying home if we aren't staying deluxe. Sorry if that offends anyone but it's my preference and we actually do spend a lot of time in the room and at the resort. Even if we didn't I'm still picky about where I shower and sleep. It's totally worth it to ME.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom