The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, May 1. As reported above, the construction walls are removed along the corridor by Raglan Road. The construction walls are still in place at the new bridge, and along side Morimoto Asia, and at the Fulton's Plaza.

IMG_7748.JPG

IMG_7749.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

IMG_7750.JPG

Under the new bridge, which is not open yet, you can see copper floating lights and perhaps water spray/bubblers in the center of Disney Springs river. They were not operating today.

IMG_7752.JPG

The new bus terminal now has fencing between the shelter rows and along the bus lanes. Some queue lines are in. Landscaping still to be completed.

IMG_7744.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, May 1. The new Disney Springs entry sign/monument at the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Drive. Concrete is poured and brickwork is on the back.

IMG_7759.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

The new "bus lane" from the existing Marketplace bus terminal is now striped for two-way traffic into the old Marketplace parking lot.

IMG_7757.JPG

As viewed in the photo below, traffic from the existing Marketplace bus terminal is routed to the right, along the original Marketplace road, and proceeds to the Mickey water fountain at Basin, then on a road between the new Lime garage and the World of Disney store.

IMG_7758.JPG

The original road along the Marketplace parking lot has a new covered shelter next to Basin. The Mickey water fountain is just to the left of this photo.

IMG_7761.JPG

From the where the above photo was taken, viewed to the right.... the road proceeds out to the Cast Building / Buena Visa Drive intersection via a new left curve. The "bus lane" proceeds to the right, between the temporary road barricades. The Lime garage is on the right in this photo. World of Disney store is off screen to the right. (The ramp out of the Lime garage, referenced two photos below, exits into this road at the curbing near the center of this photo where the red cherry lift is parked (trust me).)

IMG_7762.JPG

The "bus lane" road is just over the construction wall in the below photo, along the light poles on the right (too washed out to see clearly in this photo). This ramp out of the Lime garage makes a sharp right turn to the Cast Building / Buena Vista Drive intersection, and is not connected to the new "bus lane" which runs between the garage and World of Disney.

IMG_7764.JPG

SteveBrown

has there been an announcement for when d-luxe is opening? I'll be down there for work soon and would love to have a burger / shake there if it's opening soon...

Theme Parkitect

Wow! That is some great progress on Disney Springs! I am very happy and excited for this new area, but I'm hesitant to use the word impressed. The Town Center is simply an outlet mall. Granted, it's on Disney property and will be staffed wonderfully (probably better than your average outdoor shopping center), but it's an outlet mall nonetheless.

I'd also be hesitant to say things like "look how quickly they got this, done - but Pandora is taking an eternity!" While a well-designed & brand new shopping center most certainly takes time, it does not take the time that the Imagineers spend creating and perfecting new experiences that go far beyond restaurants and shops, but still manage to include them.

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see this and take a stroll during my next trip!

JohnWD

Wow! That is some great progress on Disney Springs! I am very happy and excited for this new area, but I'm hesitant to use the word impressed. The Town Center is simply an outlet mall. Granted, it's on Disney property and will be staffed wonderfully (probably better than your average outdoor shopping center), but it's an outlet mall nonetheless.

I'd also be hesitant to say things like "look how quickly they got this, done - but Pandora is taking an eternity!" While a well-designed & brand new shopping center most certainly takes time, it does not take the time that the Imagineers spend creating and perfecting new experiences that go far beyond restaurants and shops, but still manage to include them.

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see this and take a stroll during my next trip!
This is not an outlet mall - there will be nothing inexpensive sold here!!! :)

G00fyDad

This is not an outlet mall - there will be nothing inexpensive sold here!!! :)

Don't take this as an argument. Truly not trying to start one, but what kind of outlet malls do you have near you? Every outlet mall (including the ones there in Orlando) are nothing more than groupings of some over-priced mall shops. You want a $100 pair of sunglasses, a $300 purse, or a $200 pair of jeans? With an outlet mall you're in luck. That seems to be what is getting placed in DS. How is that different than a regular outlet mall?

Martinezia5

Here is my rough estimate of the new road coming from the Marketplace bus stop to the new bus area.
PicsArt_05-02-09.50.02.jpg.jpg

Sorry for the map not being up to date, it came from the latest Google Maps I could find.

JohnWD

Don't take this as an argument. Truly not trying to start one, but what kind of outlet malls do you have near you? Every outlet mall (including the ones there in Orlando) are nothing more than groupings of some over-priced mall shops. You want a $100 pair of sunglasses, a $300 purse, or a $200 pair of jeans? With an outlet mall you're in luck. That seems to be what is getting placed in DS. How is that different than a regular outlet mall?
Disney Springs is a mall, not an outlet mall. An outlet mall sales items marked down from their original price. See http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/outlet-mall

halltd

Disney Springs is a mall, not an outlet mall. An outlet mall sales items marked down from their original price. See http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/outlet-mall
I used to think the same thing. However, in Orlando, the outlet malls are a mix of discount stores and retail stores. So, I can see the confusion. I went to get sunglasses at the outlet mall just up the street from Disney and they only had $300 and up designer sunglasses. I asked where the "outlet" versions were and was told they were a full retail store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom