New 7-11, Storage, and possible Wendy's coming RIGHT behind WDW Cast parking

Rider

It's not that big. What scale do you think that map is?

Edit: and don't forget parking and probably gas pumps

raven

I'd be pretty ****ed if I bought a half-million dollar home and they put up a 7-11 near it. Those things drive down property values.
Where is a half-million dollar home on that intersection? The only thing near it is DU, MK cast parking and low-income apartments.

PhotoDave219

Where is a half-million dollar home on that intersection? The only thing near it is DU, MK cast parking and low-income apartments.

Hang a left… Go 3 miles… Another left and there you go. They're being built.

Clearly you missed the luxury condos they go for 2000 a month that are next to where the old property control used to be.

Big C 73

Quite dismaying. With every update of satellite imagery in regards to the Walt Disney World property, more urban development encompasses that which was previously natural or agricultural utilized land. This is something which was to be in foresight, and it is conspicuously continuing at a rather steadfast rate. Once more, this is very dismaying.

EthanMagicBands

Original Poster
No you don't.

There's another less than five miles from 535/Reams in either direction. One at the other Publix shopping center where 535 turns right and the other at the 7-11 by Ale house at the intersection of 535 & 535.

There's also a Racetrack right outside of MK parking. That is four gas stations within a five-to-seven mile radius of westclock.

Dude, I live on Overstreet Road in Lakes of Windermere and both my kids go to Sunset Park Elementary. It takes me 1 MINUTE to get to the 7-11 and it's always packed. The other gas stations are a longer drive for me and often in the wrong direction. Just another gas station on the opposite corner to compete with the 7-11 would be nice. Neighbors complain constantly about how the gas station is always full.

The 7-11 to the north is not at Summerport Publix, it's north of that. I often use that when going to Winter Garden Village or to get to 429 into Orlando. The other at the far end of 535 by the Ale House is very far from my house. I'm not driving down there to get gas unless it's on the way to something. Even at 60+ MPH it takes at least 10 minutes. And I'd use the Shell, not the 7-11 on the other side of the road. Getting into the WDW RaceTrac is also a real pain, because of the slow crawl through the Grand Floridian area and then having to turn around to get back to my house through the parking gate.

Not sure why you don't believe me?? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

raven

Hang a left… Go 3 miles… Another left and there you go. They're being built.

Clearly you missed the luxury condos they go for 2000 a month that are next to where the old property control used to be.
3 miles away isn't "next to" a house. And those "luxury apartments" are not half million dollar homes either. In fact they are made of wood (not concrete like most apartments in Central FL).

articos

3 miles away isn't "next to" a house. And those "luxury apartments" are not half million dollar homes either. In fact they are made of wood (not concrete like most apartments in Central FL).
Most of the new rental construction in the Central Florida area is now engineered wood since the insurers are on board with the wood frame structure holding up in the hurricane zone. 80% of it, from budget to luxury, is engineered wood. We'll see how that works out.

halltd

Uh....unless you're talking about downtown, most apartments in Orlando are wood. Even most town home complexes are also wood. The first floor is usually block, but any floor above that is wood.

hopemax

I can't believe how much as changed in the 11 years since my parents moved to Florida and I'm glad to have seen it for a little while before they built out that area by Reams and 535 when the orange trees were still sort of there. The loss of so much buffer space is depressing.

That said, since we basically don't eat on property anymore, the Wendy's will probably get a lot of traffic from us on our way home.

AEfx

Quite dismaying. With every update of satellite imagery in regards to the Walt Disney World property, more urban development encompasses that which was previously natural or agricultural utilized land. This is something which was to be in foresight, and it is conspicuously continuing at a rather steadfast rate. Once more, this is very dismaying.

To us looking at satellite maps. To guests at WDW? Not so much. Allowing some of the fringe to be developed isn't going to impact anything visually from a parks perspective, and from an agricultural standpoint, there is plenty more swampland to go around in the area.

s8film40

What's interesting is this land remained undeveloped for a long time mostly because of how remote it was. While it was right next to WDW property, to get pretty much anywhere from there you had to drive all the way around WDW. Then Disney removed the security kiosk and opened up Center Dr. and that seemed to really help this area grow. The ability to drive through WDW makes this location reasonably convenient. For CM they have easy access to work and can drive through to other area destinations. What I find concerning is the prospect of buying a home or business in this area. Should Disney ever decide they need more security, or even less traffic on those roads they could simply close off the road again. This would drastically change things for people living there and businesses operating in that area.

raven

Uh....unless you're talking about downtown, most apartments in Orlando are wood. Even most town home complexes are also wood. The first floor is usually block, but any floor above that is wood.
Oh, well I guess my 3rd floor luxury apartment 3 miles from MK must be SUPER luxury then. As was my dump of a place 7 years ago near universal that was all concrete as well. Guess I and all of my other friends living in apartments around Central Florida lucked out.

s8film40

Oh, well I guess my 3rd floor luxury apartment 3 miles from MK must be SUPER luxury then. As was my dump of a place 7 years ago near universal that was all concrete as well. Guess I and all of my other friends living in apartments around Central Florida lucked out.
Every apartment complex I've seen constructed or lived in in Central FL is wood. Looking at some examples the ones being built right now on Central FL PKWY by I-4 are wood, and I know the new ones built near World Dr. in Celebration are wood because I watched them burn down not too long ago and they were wood when they re-built.

raven

Every apartment complex I've seen constructed or lived in in Central FL is wood. Looking at some examples the ones being built right now on Central FL PKWY by I-4 are wood, and I know the new ones built near World Dr. in Celebration are wood because I watched them burn down not too long ago and they were wood when they re-built.
For exactly that reason I'm not sure why they wouldn't go with concrete. Plus what it does for sound between floors and units as well. Only once was a party too loud under me but they were evicted shortly thereafter. Darn Disney PI's. ;)

HauntedMansionFLA

A very small part of it is, but not much that you can see in that picture (looks like someone above this post pointed the land out). WDW's property ends right where that 7-11 is going in and they can't expand it any further back, and not much to the right either.

TONS of houses are going in within Windermere (where I live) back there, and this area is the de facto entrance for locals. They are actually building a bypass road from Reams right to Floridian Way for locals to come in without having to get through the backstage mess. They have to because of the huge population growth in what is called the Horizon West area back there. The new entrance will be pretty much where that Self Storage area is going in.

If you are not a local, none of this really matters. Normal vacation or out-of-town guests will never see this area.
I've looked at your area and wondered how the neighborhoods are? Safe?

s8film40

For exactly that reason I'm not sure why they wouldn't go with concrete. Plus what it does for sound between floors and units as well. Only once was a party too loud under me but they were evicted shortly thereafter. Darn Disney PI's. ;)
I've never seen a standard apartment complex in the area built with all concrete construction. I'm curios which ones if any are?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom