MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Stevie Amsterdam

Catherine Powell is to take the lead as President of Disneyland Paris - replacing Tom Wolber. Tom is going back to the US to oversee the cruise line - mixed feelings about this. Thought that Tom has done a lot of good for the resort - he always came across as sincere (for a Disney Exec) and made a lot of positive changes. Catherine looks like she's built from the same stock - fingers crossed she's as good, if not better.

The US parks could really do with Tom

http://corporate.disneylandparis.co...uk-2016-04-12-Catherine-Powell-nomination.pdf

From the article:

Catherine currently serves as the company’s Managing Director for Australia and New Zealand and has more than 12 years of experience in global roles throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. In her most recent role, she has been responsible for leading all of Disney’s business divisions, overseeing global franchises, and expanding existing and new business in the region. Catherine previously led the Media Distribution division of The Walt Disney Company in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Previously, she served as Disney Media Distribution’s senior vice president, Sales – UK, Ireland, Nordic, Benelux and Israel; and prior to that, the executive director – Sales, UK and Ireland. Before joining Disney, Catherine worked for BBC Worldwide for seven years, where she held various senior TV sales roles across territories including Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Germany and Spain/Portugal.

Well, except for theme parks.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I do hope she will remain on the path that Tom set forth. DLP is finally getting the attention it deserves - and needs - and a 3rd gate needs to be build before 2030.

Bolna

Yes, it seems that Catherine never had anything to do with a theme park and is more a sales person. Sounds like a Chapek appointment to me...

I am wondering if Tom Wolber will inherit Karl Holz position at DCL when he retires. Otherwise it would seem to be an odd move from head of DLP to being just some kind of guy at DCL...

JDL30

I kind of hope they compliment each other - Tom was great at revitalising DLPR and getting quality back on track - I'm hoping Catherine will be able to market it properly and increase guests so they can remain financially stable for the foreseeable future. The promising thing is she know the European market which could be of great use for Disneyland Paris in the next few years...

Bolna

I kind of hope they compliment each other - Tom was great at revitalising DLPR and getting quality back on track - I'm hoping Catherine will be able to market it properly and increase guests so they can remain financially stable for the foreseeable future. The promising thing is she know the European market which could be of great use for Disneyland Paris in the next few years...

Yes, I agree with her knowing the European market. That is certainly a bonus.

Bacon

Much like the Spirited threads, a more free flowing discussion on all things DLP to keep those threads WDW centric. I'll start with a short news/Rumored things round-up:

Major refurbs (news) for Space Mountain: Mission 2 Videopolis, “it’s a small world”, Big Thunder Mountain, La Cabane des Robinson, Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, Animagique, Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic and Star Tours.

25th Anniversary Celebration
Disneyland Hotel rehab

No Clear Rumoured Date:

Toy Story Midway Mania
Soarin' Over the World (in Adventureland)
Star Wars expansion in Discoveryland
Avengers Ride + Marvel Makeover of Backlot
WDS "placemaking"
New Shops/Restaurants at Disney Village
Other holiday versions of Dreams! besides Christmas

*has no trolley, but serves same purpose as WDW counterpart

cjkeating

So Mickey the Magician at Walt Disney Studios Paris is only running until January 7th 2017? Any reason why?

I wouldn't worry about this, here are a few theories I've seen going around...
1) It will be extended (Disney Dreams! always has an end date but has been extended periodically to keep it running since the 20th)
2) If the show does not go down well with guests they can close it without any fuss
3) They will be rotating the show with a second (new) show
4) It will go down for a planned refurb/break and then reopen

deix15x8

I wouldn't worry about this, here are a few theories I've seen going around...
1) It will be extended (Disney Dreams! always has an end date but has been extended periodically to keep it running since the 20th)
2) If the show does not go down well with guests they can close it without any fuss
3) They will be rotating the show with a second (new) show
4) It will go down for a planned refurb/break and then reopen

Do we know when Disney Dreams! is currently extended to? Last I saw I think it was September. Going for the first time in October and hoping they'll extend it at least once more.

AndyS2992

Do we know when Disney Dreams! is currently extended to? Last I saw I think it was September. Going for the first time in October and hoping they'll extend it at least once more.
Disney Dreams! Is scheduled to end September 30th 2016 then Disney Dreams! Of Christmas begins November 7th until January 7th. Which suggests three things for October. That being either nothing plays in October due to being low season, Disney Dreams gets a new Halloween version which has not yet been announced or the show goes on as usual.

With next year being the 25th which begins in April, they are either going to put in an entirely new show, enhance the current show or just leave it as it is.

cjkeating

I would imagine it will be extended until Winter Dreams (it always has in previous years). Whether or not it comes back in January however based on the aforementioned likely updates is another question.

AndyS2992

Perhaps by giving an end date they wish to encourage people to come to DLP this year, despite the refurbishments going on?
And when they inevitably extend it, people are not going to be happy lol not really a good business move, Though I can't see anybody going to DLP soley to see this show so doubt many people will be upset.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
InsideDLParis twitter page has photos of the new show at the Lucky Nugget Saloon that starts today!

EDIT: apparently there are 3 different shows, each featuring live music and puppets. 1) Woody & Jessie 2) Mickey & Minnie and 3) "other" [with the one that looks like it's from Avenue Q]. They'll happen every 30 minutes, but I don't know when each one will play.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom