marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I always felt like most Disney boat rides have you going through the scene so you have sometng to see on both sides of the boat for the majority of the ride? I don't remember Pirates beng particularly one sided?
Pirates isn't one sided as you say. I think we're at cross purposes here. My reply was to a comment stating boats need to turn so people on one side can see show scenes on the opposite side. Which doesn't seem to be a problem on Pirates.

doctornick

Pirates isn't one sided as you say. I think we're at cross purposes here. My reply was to a comment stating boats need to turn so people on one side can see show scenes on the opposite side. Which doesn't seem to be a problem on Pirates.

Right. I think the confusion is because the diagram of the ride from the construction permit seems to have only show scenes depicted in the middle of the ride. But I'm skeptical that scenes would only be on one side like that. Almost certainly, there would be scenes on the left side of the path (which is in white in the diagram).

capture-jpg.130058

@marni1971 do you have any idea what is the ride mechanism for the Pandora boat ride?

dreamscometrue

@marni1971 do you have any idea what is the ride mechanism for the Pandora boat ride?
I don't think @marni1971 knows anything about anything going on at WDW. However, he could change my opinion if he were to, say...answer all the questions about the Pandora boat ride and talk at length about the "Ups and downs, highs and lows" he referred to in the Star Wars Land thread. That would show us alright. ;)

Mike S

I don't think @marni1971 knows anything about anything going on at WDW. However, he could change my opinion if he were to, say...answer all the questions about the Pandora boat ride and talk at length about the "Ups and downs, highs and lows" he referred to in the Star Wars Land thread. That would show us alright. ;)
It would also get his sources in trouble. A bunch of people on a forum is not worth it.

PhotoDave219

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh Thats not going to happen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Right. I think the confusion is because the diagram of the ride from the construction permit seems to have only show scenes depicted in the middle of the ride. But I'm skeptical that scenes would only be on one side like that. Almost certainly, there would be scenes on the left side of the path (which is in white in the diagram).

capture-jpg.130058

I wonder if these are screens of some sort around the outside of the ride path.
Capture.JPG

Daannzzz

Based on the artwork for the boat ride, I assumed there would be a very large screen (or cyclorama)used. Look at the background.

Rob562

I would imagine that's the case. Do any of the insiders have examples of existing rides/AA's that use air? I thought they were mainly hydraulic.

Any AA/animated figure in the water is pneumatic rather than hydraulic in case of hose leaks. Example: Jungle Cruise.

I don't know if any of the figures in Splash would have to be pneumatic, other than the fish splashing around in the water.

-Rob

Zac Skellington

capture-jpg.130058
Curious why you think the ride will run clockwise. To me, the placement of the "screens" and the boat maintenance shed indicate counter-clockwise.

hpyhnt 1000

View attachment 130970 and apparently the AAS will be the best ever made. apparently theyre jumping from 12 axis of motion to up to 64 in some figures.

Great! Just means there are more parts for TDO to neglect maintenance wise and more ways for the figures to break down.

(Sorry, it's just very difficult to stay positive given recent headlines concerning WDW. And the Yeti debacle isn't exactly a vote of confidence for complex AAs at AK...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom