The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I forgot about Nicholas Sparks, he has some good sappy literary candy too. I do like Meg Cabot, she has had some good books, some of the recent ones are a little strange (some vampire thing if I remember correctly). She has also written under Patricia Cabot, and had a couple historical romances. I was pretty lucky in school, and I enjoyed reading the books my teachers picked out. Although I can't say I was a big fan of Mark Twain, it was a bit of a struggle to get through Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. Oh, and I don't think I ever completed the Odyssey. One of my favorites from High School English was Oh Pioneers and My Antonia by Willa Cather. If you like a bit of history it is worth a whirl.
I'm not into all the vampire stuff. I skipped those with her. I like that she takes some risks with her writing and writes stories that are sometimes weirdly good, but I don't like the vampire stuff (hence why no twilight). If I'm going to read fantasy, I prefer fairy tale-style stuff, not vampires or talking to the dead kind of thing. I was aware of her pen name. Apparently her reason for that was that she didn't want her grandma to know she was writing dirty books. Her grandma found out and loved them. She also started writing as a kid by doing Star Wars fan fiction. Which makes her even more awesome.

Yeah, I couldn't get through Odyssey either. Sparknotes. I didn't have to read Tom Sawyer. I checked out an audiobook for Huck Finn, which helped. I liked Jane Eyre, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and any of the Shakespeare comedies. There was also one called Cold Sassy Tree that I enjoyed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
One of my best friends went home from work not feeling well and decided to sleep it off. He passed (at age 27) in his sleep that day from a heart murmur. It happens.

True. My godfather passed at 33 from an unknown birth defect in his heart. Scalia's death at 79 doesn't surprise me as much as the people who were traveling with him and staying in the resort unit with him.

My Mom is the same age as Scalia was. I can't imagine vacationing with her, her indicating she wasn't well and went off to bed and because she didn't get up in the morning leaving without her or minimum checking in on her before I left. That is the part I can't wrap my brain around in Scalia's passing, not the passing itself.

Gabe1

It all depends school days the spring up but on the weekends the will sleep in a bit. i guess it depends on what they have planned

My DS was always a night owl and could sleep until noon with ease. So not a morning person. My DD the opposite. Woke early and hungry, first thing she wanted was food. Even as a toddler she'd appear in the kitchen in her Jammies early evening requesting a box of juice climb into her toddler bed and go to sleep. Never had to tell that one to go to bed now.

StarWarsGirl

My dh has a camping trip planned for 2017 up in Maine, I'll find a nice spa to camp out at while the boys sleep in a tent. Last time I went camping was just outside Hershey. Somehow I got talked into thinking it was a good idea to save money. :rolleyes:
Last time we were going to Hershey, my brother's one friend came along. He pipes up from the back of the car, "Oh, look campgrounds!" My mom and I were then like, "Oh look, hotels!":hilarious:

Gabe1

Apparently some GOPers think Obama shouldn't make a nomination to replace Scalia, and they said they will obstruct for 11 months until Obama is out of office. It's the President's job to make appointments/nominations, and they are basically saying they will not allow him to do that, they will block anyone he chooses. Or at least that's the way I understand it. I haven't had a chance to read up on it..just saw some things on FB, which may or may not be accurate.

You pretty much nailed it. Just demonstrated how ridiculous politics have become. While I'd miss my oven if I lived by you at times like this I kinda envy the distance you have from all the nonsense from supposedly the best candidates within our borders. Lordie. :facepalm:

Gabe1

You laugh? Try being sound asleep and a Pup ripping your pillow right out from under your head. Had no sense of boundaries when it comes to pillows and blankets.

Walt is not allowed on the rest of the furniture in the house. Still I came home one day and he had the quilt from the couch all balled up on his dog bed and him atop. It is pretty normal for me to get up in the morning and find him with a couch throw pillow on the ground with his head on the pillow, actually that happens at any hour of the day. Oddly I never see it happen just the aftermath. Wally Wally Wally

Gabe1

I have some Erma Bombeck on my shelves, too. I did an excerpt of hers in high school speech and debate. The Hands that Hold the Car Keys Rule the World.
never-lend-your-car-to-anyone-to-whom-you-have-given-birth-quote-1.jpg

donaldtoo

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Hubby and I spent the morning in bed, no it's not what you think!:jawdrop: I'm having a relapse and hubby is still sick. Hope to ketchup tomorrow. xoxo to all!

Oh no. Sympathy like.
So sorry to hear y'all are still not feeling well.
Happy Valentine's Day to y'all too, Bets!
Feel better, reaaaaaaalllll sooooooooooonnnnnnn...!!! ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom