Dream Along With Mickey Closing

mm52200

Oh dear god, if its more frozen I may just have to slap Elsa in April. I don't care if its assault, there's plenty of other characters to pick from any many of them are lacking attention, due to Frozen Fever. I don't remember any other Disney Movie receiving THIS MUCH attention especially what three years later.
Yeah THREE WHOLE YEARS! I mean it has a stage show, a meet and greet, and a ride coming. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP! It's been almost 25 years since Little Mermaid came out and it has a stage show, a ride, a whole float in a parade, Ariel is at all of the princess meals, she has her own grotto, you hear the music in Fantasmic HOW DARE THEY! Cinderella is over 50 years old and I'm so tired of seeing her all over the place in every parade, show, and the music is everywhere, don't you get sick of a Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes?

Look Frozen really isn't everywhere. No one is force feeding it down your throat more than any other successful classic Disney film. It's a modern day classic and they're going to utilize it. Little Mermaid and Cinderella are just two examples I can think of off the top of my head. Peter Pan, heck he has a float in the daytime parade, nighttime parade, appears in the castle show, he has his own meet and greet, Tinker Bell has her own meet and greet, and she is in almost every nighttime spectacular....yet no one complains about the film Peter Pan being force fed down our throats 50 some years later.

Donaldfan1934

Yeah THREE WHOLE YEARS! I mean it has a stage show, a meet and greet, and a ride coming. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP! It's been almost 25 years since Little Mermaid came out and it has a stage show, a ride, a whole float in a parade, Ariel is at all of the princess meals, she has her own grotto, you hear the music in Fantasmic HOW DARE THEY! Cinderella is over 50 years old and I'm so tired of seeing her all over the place in every parade, show, and the music is everywhere, don't you get sick of a Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes?

Look Frozen really isn't everywhere. No one is force feeding it down your throat more than any other successful classic Disney film. It's a modern day classic and they're going to utilize it. Little Mermaid and Cinderella are just two examples I can think of off the top of my head. Peter Pan, heck he has a float in the daytime parade, nighttime parade, appears in the castle show, he has his own meet and greet, Tinker Bell has her own meet and greet, and she is in almost every nighttime spectacular....yet no one complains about the film Peter Pan being force fed down our throats 50 some years later.
You got your timeline all wrong. Frozen hasn't even been around 2 and a half years, the Little Mermaid has been around 26 years, and Cinderella and Peter Pan have been out over 60 years. You have a great point, I'm just a very chronologically minds person.

Donaldfan1934

I would love to see this show go away and never be replaced. The Imagineers did a great job on the new castle walkway and it deserves to be highlighted with a smaller, less noticeable stage that is only used on special occasions, holidays, and hard ticket events.

Last edited:

KaliSplash

Oh dear god, if its more frozen I may just have to slap Elsa in April. I don't care if its assault, there's plenty of other characters to pick from any many of them are lacking attention, due to Frozen Fever. I don't remember any other Disney Movie receiving THIS MUCH attention especially what three years later.
You DO realize this is the greatest Disney movie, EVER, right? :( It is IMPOSSIBLE to have too much FROZEN. As you can clearly see by the efforts that have gone into Frozen all over the Parks, all over Broadway now, all over Everywhere! sigh. It is the Princess Movie that EVERY LITTLE GIRL ON THE PLANET LOVES, without exception. Even those in the deep, dark of Africa, who have never seen ANY movie love FROZEN. Just ask Team Disney.

mm52200

You got your timeline all wrong. Frozen hasn't even been around 2 and a half years, the Little Mermaid has been around 26 years, and Cinderella and Peter Pan have been out over 60 years. You have a great point, I'm just a very chronologically minds person.
I was just using the years as a rough estimate, reference for the person over exaggerating about Frozen being everywhere 2 and a half years after it came out even though it was the most successful animated film of all time.

brb1006

Hey, watch it now, bringing back MSEP is something I think they actually got RIGHT. (as you might now, I find SpectroMagic PLODDINGLY Magestic, in reality, it's a waltz.) :)
But Spectromagic had better character selection and beautiful looking floats. Even the soundtrack gives me chills. I'm already a little worried for what new plans Disney will have for a brand new electrical parade for the MK especially for it's 50th Anniversary. I can't be the only one worried about this right?

Donaldfan1934

hide away the shovel too.. or Iger might want to revive it just like they did with the MSEP and Captain EO.
Don't even get me thinking about that possibility. The MSEP is so embarrassing for so many reasons. Its incredibly outdated, its always missing a unit or two, and is something they should be ashamed of running considering that they have the fantastic Paint the Night parade out west. I understand the nostalgia, but it needs to be replaced asap. At least Captain EO eventually left even if it greatly overstayed its comeback.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
As if "Let It Go" hasn't been heard long enough. You might have to hear that song being played multiple times a day.
Yay! I love that song.
Couldn't get enough of it at DHS last summer.

My Hubby just stepped away every time I started belting it out. Almost like he was embarrassed or something.

Sped2424

This may come as a surprise, but one Frozen song wouldn't end the world. I get its fun to hate it but kids loved the movie.
Kids and me. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a frozen sequence in a new daytime show. I would LOVE to see Tiana get in during the daytime specials! Seems a bit cruel to have the show playing right in front of her gazebo with her watching from the sides.

Sped2424

Priorities, you need them to be re ordered.

Last edited:

orlando678-

I am just a bit worried that they have lost the balance between old and new. I see no problem in bringing more Frozen to the parks, but they forget that Walt Disney World was amazing because of its size. They should know that both the old attractions as the newer attractions can live next to each other. Sure old ones need refurbs, but not total theme changes. Frozen could have gone to the Magic Kingdom, could have gone to Hollywood Studios where they are integrating the theme of immersion into movies which would have been perfect for a hit like Frozen or they could have saved it for a fifth gate. The only one doing a good job at the moment with old and new is Tokyo Disney Resort( although Disney sea attractions and tomorrowland attractions are being taken over by more IP). At least here we can experience both old and new and while this is still possible in Orlando, I fear for attractions at Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Yankee Mouse

Have you been to DHS in the summertime? It is literally shoved down your throat. This past June, I went on star tours, walked through Tatooine Traders a little and was completely in the star wars mood getting excited for the new film. Then as soon as I stepped out the door, Frozen songs could be heard right outside killing the star wars immersion.

And so as not to derail the thread too much, as far as the stage show goes, I haven't really stopped to watch in a while, but the last time we went my 4 year old was excited about it so we watched for a bit. Hopefully they keep Mickey and if they do add Frozen it isn't overkilled, like the winter castle lighting ceremony.

Last edited:

Disney4family

My kids always break into "I See the Light" from Tangled whenever "For the First Time in Forever" is played since the melody is pretty much the same, so I guess they could cover both movies with one song in the new show.

ToTBellHop

My kids always break into "I See the Light" from Tangled whenever "For the First Time in Forever" is played since the melody is pretty much the same, so I guess they could cover both movies with one song in the new show.
image.jpeg

Should be an, but you get the idea. I don't make internet memes, I just steal them from Dr. Google.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom