What is your Opinion of Liberty Tree Tavern?

Boardwalk-empire

Original Poster
I have only eaten there once and I wasn't very impressed. I love the atmosphere and decor but to me the food seems heavy, especially during the hot summer months. I also got a little sick after eating there. It seems like a very popular place, but I'm just not a huge fan. What do you guys think of the place?

mf1972

we liked it. was closed during our last trip, but that's fine. u can get stuffed there rather quickly. especially for dinner.
we plan on going back to it this fall. I remember they had a great strawberry vinegarette dressing with their salad.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Worth it for this alone:
image.jpeg

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake :hungry:

MKCP 1985

My mama always said to say something nice or not say anything at all, so when it comes to Liberty Tree Tavern, I will say I have had great service there and that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake in @Tuvalu's post looks really good.

I used to think the reason it was so overpriced was because you got character interaction with the Mickey and Minnie Mouse (and others) in Colonial garb which is pretty cool when you think about it, but then the characters were removed and the prices stayed the same.

Yeah, we don't eat there any more.

Andy_0410

I think it's great always enjoyed eating there. I guess the food is basic. But if you enjoy a good all you can eat roast then it is worth it.
In terms of the food I think it is much better than somewhere like chef mickeys which is a similar price

Rob562

I agree that the dinner menu is too heavy for the heat of summer, but it was exactly what we needed on the coolest night of our early-November trip. Filled up on dinner, and then digested while we watched Wishes, ready for a few more rides afterward that evening.

- Rob

HouCuseChickie

I like it for lunch, but I don't understand the raves over dinner. Maybe it's that I'm a turkey hoarder :oops::p and have turkey throughout the year, but I just thought the quality of the dinner food was average to sub-par.

MickeyMomV

We have always enjoyed their food and used to go every trip but like @Texas84 we have been limiting our regular restaurants in hopes of making reservations at new places so we have not actually been there in 3 or 4 trips (2 or 3 years).

Actually, in MK we have been trying the different QS offerings lately. None of the TS there have really inspired us to give up trying someplace/something new. If we are in MK and want a TS then we hop on the Monorail.

SeanWM48

i've heard very similar things to OP - nice place, but so-so food and not worth it. the mediocre reviews keep me from going.

Phonedave

Unfortunately, I have to agree with your opinion. It is a nice place but the food is totally uninspiring. We haven't eaten there on our last two visits - there's far better in MK

I was trying to think of how to describe the food, and you nailed it - uninspiring.

It's not bad at all, but it is nothing special, and it is very heavy.

slappy magoo

Haven't been there for dinner since it ceased being a character meal experience. But last time we went, August of 2014, every day was so bloody hot, we did go for lunch one day just to get out of the sun, and it was a nice enough meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom