Cash value of fast passes.

Kramerica

Original Poster
Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anyone try and sell or buy fast passes, but I'm just wondering out of curiosity, how valuable those precious pieces of paper are to you? How much would you pay for a single anytime, any attraction fast pass? For ten? For unlimited? I'm not sure why, but such a thing is really interesting to me.

Curious Constance

Since we only go once a year or two, and making the most of our trips is necessary when you only go that often and have a family that are huge fans of basically every ride there, I'd hate to do it, but I know I would pay if they offered this option. But, I hope they don't offer this. I also like that it's free right now. I've become an expert and have line minimization down to a science anyway. You can't deny that front of the line passes on every attraction would be a HUGE selling point to out of towners like me though.

Figments Friend

I can easily see this becoming a reality some day......the money to be made will be too tempting for today's Disney to refuse.
There are plenty of people who would be more then willing to pay big bucks for this option if it was offered.

I am actually surprised it has not happened already at this point.

-

Kramerica

Original Poster
I can easily see this becoming a reality some day......the money to be made will be too tempting for today's Disney to refuse.
There are plenty of people who would be more then willing to pay big bucks for this option if it was offered.

-

I think at this point it's too easy to counterfeit Disneyland's paper fast passes to try and charge for them. The counterfeiting would go rampant. But I could see this for Disneyworld's Fastpass Plus system. Imagine how easy it would be do just charge through your phone.

Figments Friend

I think at this point it's too easy to counterfeit Disneyland's paper fast passes to try and charge for them. The counterfeiting would go rampant. But I could see this for Disneyworld's Fastpass Plus system. Imagine how easy it would be do just charge through your phone.

I thought it back at the time, and your words above remind me of it -

I was convinced when the WDW system was announced a 'pay as you go' option was definitely being planned for future activation.
There was a lot of talk about it at the time...seemed inevitable.
Thus why it is surprising that it has not already happened.

-

Kramerica

Original Poster
I thought it back at the time, and your words above remind me of it -

I was convinced when the WDW system was announced a 'pay as you go' option was definitely being planned for future activation.
There was a lot of talk about it at the time...seemed inevitable.
Thus why it is surprising that it has not already happened.

-
Doesn't it almost seem like a return to the old school "ticket books"?

George Lucas on a Bench

Here's something I may have mentioned before, but is relevant to the thread. I don't use Fastpass. The last time was when @raven24 and I did Roger Rabbit, and we'd likely have gotten on it sooner if we'd just waited. It doesn't provide me any advantage when I tour. The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but feel that people getting Fastpasses and screwing around until their return time aren't being efficient and the whole thing is a scam. I don't allow return times to dictate what I do.

The way I tour, I know when to do certain attractions and judge the waits as I go. I also use single riders when I'm alone, but I realize most guests go with other people. You can return to most every E ticket that offers Fastpass in Disneyland except for Space Mountain at a certain time of day and do it with a 20 minute wait. Indy, Star Tours and Splash clear out most evenings, Thunder's line moves fast, Fastpass for Haunted is basically useless unless you want a paper souvenir. At DCA, the outdoor line for Tower usually moves well, even when it's full and you wait longer inside, which is where Fastpass sends you. We're talking an extra 20 minutes here. I like to be spontaneous and just do whatever I feel like as I go and I never give Fastpass a second thought.

Californian Elitist

Here's something I may have mentioned before, but is relevant to the thread. I don't use Fastpass. The last time was when @raven24 and I did Roger Rabbit, and we'd likely have gotten on it sooner if we'd just waited. It doesn't provide me any advantage when I tour. The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but feel that people getting Fastpasses and screwing around until their return time aren't being efficient and the whole thing is a scam. I don't allow return times to dictate what I do.

The way I tour, I know when to do certain attractions and judge the waits as I go. I also use single riders when I'm alone, but I realize most guests go with other people. You can return to most every E ticket that offers Fastpass in Disneyland except for Space Mountain at a certain time of day and do it with a 20 minute wait. Indy, Star Tours and Splash clear out most evenings, Thunder's line moves fast, Fastpass for Haunted is basically useless unless you want a paper souvenir. At DCA, the outdoor line for Tower usually moves well, even when it's full and you wait longer inside, which is where Fastpass sends you. We're talking an extra 20 minutes here. I like to be spontaneous and just do whatever I feel like as I go and I never give Fastpass a second thought.

Pretty much. The only attractions I've gotten FPs multiple times for are Space and Indy, and I don't even FP those rides during every visit (the last time I was at the park in December, I waited over two hours for Space, and I had no problem with it).

If I had it my way, I'd get rid of the FP option. They make wait times longer.

Kramerica

Original Poster

-
I’d like to give props to you for predicting paid fastpasses back in 2016. I remember posting this thread way back when and never thought it would become a reality. Fascinating to see peoples thoughts on paid fastpasses years before they were realized

CaptinEO

I’d like to give props to you for predicting paid fastpasses back in 2016. I remember posting this thread way back when and never thought it would become a reality. Fascinating to see peoples thoughts on paid fastpasses years before they were realized
The second that MyMagic+ was announced many knew it would lead to paid fastpass, surprised it took 10 years though to be honest.

Figments Friend

Aw, thanks for this!
:)

I just knew this would happen eventually.
And as I had said in 2016, I was surprised they were not already doing it.
But the temptation to exploit that instantly easy influx of cash finally hit, and here we are today in 2022.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom