The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh, they are.. my town has one of the most cleanest water in the country.
And it doesn't taste THAT MUCH of chlorine.

Must be because I lived most of my life in condo towers that had heavy purifier systems and UV cleaners.
The purifiers removed most of the chlorine taste.

I wasn't implying that the water was not clean more a different water treatment system then what we have up here and maybe that is why you are noticing the chlorine more than many of us are. Now the water fountains have a very different smell to the water and taste. Reminds me of when we had wells. Don't miss that at all.

catmom46

My go to author is dead and way to young to have been gone. Erma Bombeck. She made me laugh and still does. I roll towards humor with movies too.

When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

My kids always perceived the bathroom as a place where you wait it out until all the groceries are unloaded from the car.

I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex.

Onion rings in the car cushions do not improve with time.

All of us have moments in our lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them.

Yeah, I miss Erma Bombeck.

I like this one: "My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?"

catmom46

YES_cat.jpg

Hahaha - I emailed this one to a co-worker yesterday!

brb1006

Am I the only person who's a little worried about what Disney's future plans will be for a brand new electrical parade? Because ever since Spectromagic ended and later got demolished, I seriously hope they can find a perfect way to catch the "Wow Factor" Spectromagic once did. While there are people who love MSEP and even prefer it to Spectro. I'm starting to get a little anxious for a future D23 event where they announce there plans for the Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary. I really hope it won't take the PTN approach.

I also really hope the next nightime parade at WDW will have some character selection from past Disney films. Especially after seeing videos of Dreamlights over the years.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Am I the only person who's a little worried about what Disney's future plans will be for a brand new electrical parade? Because ever since Spectromagic ended and later got demolished, I seriously hope they can find a perfect way to catch the "Wow Factor" Spectromagic once did. While there are people who love MSEP and even prefer it to Spectro. I'm starting to get a little anxious for a future D23 event where they announce there plans for the Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary. I really hope it won't take the PTN approach.

I also really hope the next nightime parade at WDW will have some character selection from past Disney films. Especially after seeing videos of Dreamlights over the years.
Same all the way

catmom46

I guess I'm not too worried since I love MSEP and PTN.

StarWarsGirl

not a fan of big dogs?

I used to be really afraid of big dogs. There are specific big dogs that I like now, but for the most part, I prefer dogs that aren't any taller than my knee. I still tend to be a bit distrustful of them.

One of my best friends and I were walking one day. We saw a big dog, and she asked if she could pet it. I backed up five feet. That same walk, we saw a cat, and I got really excited and made friends with it as my friend shook her head at the stark difference in my reaction between the dog and the cat.

StarWarsGirl

I'm in the camp of people who likes MSE better. I have put on the music at home a few times since getting back from WDW just to put myself in a good mood. FYI, works every time.

Gabe1

well, the issue are the batteries... there hasnt been much advances in that aspect.
The best improvements are still under test phase.
And other techs might be blocked by the gas/car industry.

That was my point. I'm not buying into the idea a battery can't be made for a car to operate it. The oil monopoly is a very strong one I agree. You see what our politicians have done to make sure the stars all aligned overseas and our own production here is being reduced. We have the tech for solar power yet very little is being done to make it mainstream. Commodities Markets yep, powerful.

Gabe1

I'm in the camp of people who likes MSE better. I have put on the music at home a few times since getting back from WDW just to put myself in a good mood. FYI, works every time.

I actually like MSE soundtrack more than the parade. But like I said I have the patience of a gnat when it comes to parades. The only one I could watch repeatedly was Tapestry and likely because it was so different than typical park parades. I do admit I loved the Christmas Parades before they became staged infomercials.

StarWarsGirl

Oh I'm a fan. It's one of my go-to series when I need comfort reading. Twilight, Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, pretty much anything written by Nora Roberts, and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon might become one that I read more often. I generally read the Twilight Series and Harry Potter, and Pride and Prejudice at least once a year.
Can't say I'm a fan of Twilight, but I like the sappy Nicholas Sparks books, so who am I to judge?

I've just started reading again after years of not reading much (other than Hunger Games. Stayed up until 4 am over spring break one year finishing the first one). Combination of needing reading glasses and not knowing it and school killing my love of reading (seriously, why must everything they make you read in school be so depressing? I can only think of a handful of books I had to read for school that I actually liked). It's taken me a while to get back in the habit of reading since I got my glasses. Now I'm getting back in the habit, although it took rereading books I knew I liked before I could get into any new books. My favorite author is Meg Cabot. She wrote the Princess Diaries books, which were some of my favorites when I was a tween/teen, and she writes for adults too. She's pretty hilarious, and her books aren't that tough to get through. It helped me get back in the habit of reading. I think I've got about four of her books checked out right now from the library.

Gabe1

I've been stuck under a pile of homework today and was aware of none of this until just now...

Earthquakes always are a frightening thing. Scalia on the other hand that is just too creepity. A 79 year old goes to sleep early saying he isn't feeling well. He doesn't get up to go hunting with the buddies and they just go without him and found later dead. Who doesn't check in on someone who is ill before they leave. Then again Scalia was a headstrong man, maybe they didn't know how checking on him would go over with him.

Gabe1

Can't say I'm a fan of Twilight, but I like the sappy Nicholas Sparks books, so who am I to judge?

I've just started reading again after years of not reading much (other than Hunger Games. Stayed up until 4 am over spring break one year finishing the first one). Combination of needing reading glasses and not knowing it and school killing my love of reading (seriously, why must everything they make you read in school be so depressing? I can only think of a handful of books I had to read for school that I actually liked). It's taken me a while to get back in the habit of reading since I got my glasses. Now I'm getting back in the habit, although it took rereading books I knew I liked before I could get into any new books. My favorite author is Meg Cabot. She wrote the Princess Diaries books, which were some of my favorites when I was a tween/teen, and she writes for adults too. She's pretty hilarious, and her books aren't that tough to get through. It helped me get back in the habit of reading. I think I've got about four of her books checked out right now from the library.
My DD loved to read and the teachers killed that for her too. Even in elementary school the novels picked were depressing. She started reading for 15 minutes before she went to sleep just to respark her love of reading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom