Expedition Everest effects status watch

ArielandFlounder

Rumor is that fixing the yeti would be a large task, as the structure of the entire mountain that he is in needs to be stabilized to be able to support his swinging motion. General consensus is that they wouldn't even entertain the idea of closing EE for an extended period of time at least until Avatar Land is up and running to be able to give guests more options while one of the major attractions is closed.
I heard this too, that if they were to try and fix the yeti it would take out half the mountain so it would be closed for at least 6 months. Closing EE before Avatar Land opens could be really troubling.

Tay

I remember when it first opened . They ran the Disney 365 of this every commercial for so long. They probably stop airing it because the yeti broke. I wanted to ride it so bad but was to scared . Even with broke yeti I still won't lol but I think they should fix it before Pandora. It's not like AK isn't already a waste of a day w/o a park hopper and most guest will plan their trip around Pandora anyway. Then again w/o EE , MK will get that traffic and make it even more crowded.

DarthMileZ

Whats this ride like for people that hate crazy coasters? (me)

i can deal with space mountain, im doing Aerosmith for the first time this year and bricking it.

the-reason14

Ughhh no idea if i can do Aerosmith *dies a little inside*

its more the heights that get me though... so EE is pretty scary looking..

I think you'd be able to handle E:E. But first, what other coasters have you been on that are kind of like it? E:E is "tall" but it doesn't really have any big big drops, the one big drop you do go through you don't get that feeling in your stomach that you do on other coasters. So based off of what you've previously experienced might determine how you might handle E:E.

DarthMileZ

I think you'd be able to handle E:E. But first, what other coasters have you been on that are kind of like it? E:E is "tall" but it doesn't really have any big big drops, the one big drop you do go through you don't get that feeling in your stomach that you do on other coasters. So based off of what you've previously experienced might determine how you might handle E:E.

I've only done Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain... i've done all the water rides but then you don't see how high you are in Splash or Jurassic Park.

the-reason14

I've only done Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain... i've done all the water rides but then you don't see how high you are in Splash or Jurassic Park.

I think if you can handle splash mt.'s drop, then you'd be able to handle Everest. Even though it's taller, you don't get that feeling you do like when going down splash's drop.

danyoung56

Awesome, will give it a shot, its always the pre ride nerves that gets me.

The mind is a funny thing, ain't it? I've enjoyed EE many times over the years. But a couple of years back I was having some very serious depression and anxiety issues, and I worked myself up into a near panic over riding EE. I was sitting on it during the early curves, before it goes up the main lift, and was freaking out and wanted off NOW! Of course there was no way off, and of course once the actual ride started I had a great time like I always have. Very strange!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ughhh no idea if i can do Aerosmith *dies a little inside*

its more the heights that get me though... so EE is pretty scary looking..

The maximum track height is pretty much only how high the main lift goes (the one you can see that's angled and bridge like). So not that high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom