Will our trip be worth it?

Herdman

Our family has not been to WDW several times, but never during the Christmas holiday season. We are planning a trip this year, but it looks like the only time we may be able to go is during Thanksgiving week. I know it's going to be crowded, but my concern is will we get the full "Christmas feel" by going then? I was disappointed by the fact that Mickey's Christmas Party is not held during Thanksgiving week. I'm sure I can guess as to why Disney doesn't do the party then, but I still don't think that's right. I hate to think about spending all the money involved and then coming home thinking that it wasn't much different than our other visits.

Should I be concerned about this?

Goofyernmost

No matter when you go, your going to miss something that is going on a different time. So, unless you can postpone your trip for another week or two, then just go and enjoy what is happening then, otherwise go at a different time. I am one that does not want to see Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving has even happened and I think a lot of people think the same way. In life, timing is everything. I once went there with a person that had never been. She had looked at what was offered in the line of attractions, etc. and really focused on seeing the Haunted Mansion. We had one day in MK and wouldn't you know it HM was closed for the whole day due to mechanical problems.

Disappointing true, but, we still had a great time. That incident was unforeseeable, but, when you can plan a trip during the time that they aren't having the Christmas promotion, they simply cannot make everyone happy. That comes from within.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mf1972

I think Christmas decorations might be up by then. don't remember when they are, yet alone when they hold the Christmas party & parade.
I've heard crowds do pick up a bit during that time. Hope u & your family have a good time. enjoy.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

Christmas decorations will be up by then. I always go in either October/November, and this trip will be my 5th in the last 6 years. Every time I go I try to experience something different so it feels "new" again….I like to try different resorts and restaurants, give rides a try that maybe I was scared to the last few times (Mission Space, yay Green team!), try foods in Epcot I haven't tried before.

Other posters are right when they say not to plan your trip around one particular thing….I love the train in MK, but the last 2 years its been under refurb when I was there. Total bummer, but I took the time to do new things instead. Have a blast on your trip!!!!

Upvote 0

Goofyernmost

Christmas decorations will be up by then. I always go in either October/November, and this trip will be my 5th in the last 6 years. Every time I go I try to experience something different so it feels "new" again….I like to try different resorts and restaurants, give rides a try that maybe I was scared to the last few times (Mission Space, yay Green team!), try foods in Epcot I haven't tried before.

Other posters are right when they say not to plan your trip around one particular thing….I love the train in MK, but the last 2 years its been under refurb when I was there. Total bummer, but I took the time to do new things instead. Have a blast on your trip!!!!
Actually, I did think about that after I posted. I have never been there during that time, but, I don't remember many people talking about it before Thanksgiving. Then I thought that they do the Christmas parade earlier and maybe it did overlap. So what your are saying is probably correct and that it is something that they start right after Halloween.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

They only do the Christmas parade during the MVMCP until Christmas week, so you won't see that during Thanksgiving week, but the decorations will be up.

Upvote 0

Herdman

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. It looks like Wishes is also the regular show and not Christmas themed during Thanksgiving week. Does that sound correct also?

Upvote 0

Princess Kaylee

Our family has not been to WDW several times, but never during the Christmas holiday season. We are planning a trip this year, but it looks like the only time we may be able to go is during Thanksgiving week. I know it's going to be crowded, but my concern is will we get the full "Christmas feel" by going then? I was disappointed by the fact that Mickey's Christmas Party is not held during Thanksgiving week. I'm sure I can guess as to why Disney doesn't do the party then, but I still don't think that's right. I hate to think about spending all the money involved and then coming home thinking that it wasn't much different than our other visits.

Should I be concerned about this?

That's hard, we went during that week once and only got on a handful of rides. Thankfully it was DL and they refunded us our money. I would say go, have fun but keep in mind you won't be able to do a ton of stuff.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Of course this is opinion based, but the crowds, that week, make it totally not worth it to me. People seem to be so stressed and aggravated with the crowd level, that it takes away from the Christmas feel to me. If it wasn't so expensive, then I might say the decorations are worth it.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
And they do not have the MVMCP during the busy Thanksgiving week. It happens several weeks up until Thanksgiving and resumes the week after Thanksgiving up until the week prior to Christmas.
Also the week of Thanksgiving Epcot has not started the Candlelight Processional yet or the Holidays around the World yet that starts the following week usually.
To see all there is to offer for Christmastime you would need to go the first few weeks of December. :)

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

We go every year during Thanksgiving week and the crowds are not that bad. The Christmas decorations in the parks are up. and the decorations in the resorts tend to show up early Thanksgiving week. We always arrive the Thursday before Thanksgiving and go to the MVMCP that Friday. The crowds really are not that bad just avoid the MK on Thanksgiving day because there is a cheer leader competition

Upvote 0

Herdman

Original Poster
I think we may try to arrive on the Friday before and go to the MVMCP that night. It would be the only thing we would plan for that day just in case my daughter could not miss that Friday of her college classes. Catch an afternoon flight and head to MK for the party that evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom