The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

G00fyDad

Again, that's because it's unlit during the show and partially hidden.

That's why you can't see it. The lights are turned off for the show.

4290408.jpg

maxairmike

Well that, and I'm not sure that's a picture of this year's Symphony In the Stars show, as you can see the former stage with the roof is obscuring the theater as well. Also, they couldn't be bothered to take the time to take a shot of Hollywood Blvd. before/after the show with the neon properly exposed and edit that in?

Nick Wilde

You can't see the Chinese theater at all in that shot. And, that picture is directly from the official DHS website. So, I didn't go out of my way to find an awful picture. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...tudios/star-wars-symphony-in-stars-fireworks/

DHS needs a central icon because the other three parks have one. DHS looks so neglected to me -- I am no longer wowed when I enter this park.

And, I didn't mind the DJ -- he only comes out at dusk -- and I really like the lights, music and energy. "Club mentality" to describe this is a bit of a stretch, imo. I saw a lot of people dancing with the characters and having a lot of fun.

So again, not trolling.
I'm kind of disappointed, you should have at least said thank you to @Phil12. He was just trying to be nice and help you out. Not cool.

Why do you have an issue with my use of "multi-quote". Are you suggesting that I ignore all of the other posters and only respond to you? Again, not cool.

And, I don't continually argue with people -- that is not fair. Whenever the guys here have a heated exchange on what amounts to nothing more than minutiae -- no one even bats an eye. But, whenever I express or defend an opposing viewpoint you are quick to label me as being 'argumentative'. You have always been extremely biased towards me.

My childhood is off limits, so stop reaching and stay on topic. And, speaking of 'attention', you may want to watch that because @wm49rs doesn't like anyone getting to close to me -- hence, the faux conversation he's attempting to start with you below. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't converse with you on a frequent basis on this forum -- so if you fall for it, that's on you.

I just wish DHS had their own unique icon instead of a duplicate. That being said, I wouldn't mind if Disney added more height to Chinese Theater.

LOL.

LOL. What's 6 months from now? And, again I am not trolling.

This pic is gorgeous just like all of the other close up shots, but I have yet to see a decent long shot of the theater during the fireworks..

Yes, the photo is beautiful, marni.

I don't believe you. And, you didn't have to look up anything because you remember it like it was yesterday. But that is beside the point, I really don't want to put you on ignore *again*. So, just chill and "let it go."

b8.png

Cesar R M

I'm kind of disappointed, you should have at least said thank you to @Phil12. He was just trying to be nice and help you out. Not cool.

Why do you have an issue with my use of "multi-quote". Are you suggesting that I ignore all of the other posters and only respond to you? Again, not cool.

And, I don't continually argue with people -- that is not fair. Whenever the guys here have a heated exchange on what amounts to nothing more than minutiae -- no one even bats an eye. But, whenever I express or defend an opposing viewpoint you are quick to label me as being 'argumentative'. You have always been extremely biased towards me.

My childhood is off limits, so stop reaching and stay on topic. And, speaking of 'attention', you may want to watch that because @wm49rs doesn't like anyone getting to close to me -- hence, the faux conversation he's attempting to start with you below. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't converse with you on a frequent basis on this forum -- so if you fall for it, that's on you.

I just wish DHS had their own unique icon instead of a duplicate. That being said, I wouldn't mind if Disney added more height to Chinese Theater.

LOL.

LOL. What's 6 months from now? And, again I am not trolling.

This pic is gorgeous just like all of the other close up shots, but I have yet to see a decent long shot of the theater during the fireworks..

Yes, the photo is beautiful, marni.

I don't believe you. And, you didn't have to look up anything because you remember it like it was yesterday. But that is beside the point, I really don't want to put you on ignore *again*. So, just chill and "let it go."
tbt.gif

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah...and I'm not falling for it either.

Peculiar.... Isn't it?

I had to look up what the heck the revenge bit was about, and yep, I remember this one quite well. Shame I wasn't put on ignore like she promised.
I know, right...she claimed I was on ignore as well. But I solved that problem myself. :D

Last edited:

Siren

Well, this makes me wonder why the lights are off. In contrast, Cinderella's Castle is beautifully lit, as is Sleep Beauty's Castle. I can understand dimming the lights -- but, a completely dark 'icon' in the midst of a world class fireworks show is very odd to me. My guess is that Disney feels the theater falls short of being the focal point for the fireworks and it probably doesn't show well in photos.

14v33h3.jpg

2upwnyx.jpg

^^^It is a huge step backwards, imo. This is exactly what happens when people can't embrace change and want things to remain the same or revert back to how it was during the 70's -- that approach applies to museums not theme parks.This is why DHS looks the way it does now. Epcot, too. Meanwhile, AK is growing and evolving so beautifully imo.

IlikeDW

Well, this makes me wonder why the lights are off. In contrast, Cinderella's Castle is beautifully lit, as is Sleep Beauty's Castle. I can understand dimming the lights -- but, a completely dark 'icon' in the midst of a world class fireworks show is very odd to me. My guess is that Disney feels the theater falls short of being the focal point for the fireworks and it probably doesn't show well in photos.

14v33h3.jpg

2upwnyx.jpg

^^^It is a huge step backwards, imo. This is exactly what happens when people can't embrace change and want things to remain the same or revert back to how it was during the 70's -- that approach applies to museums not theme parks.This is why DHS looks the way it does now. Epcot, too. Meanwhile, AK is growing and evolving so beautifully imo.

Let me give it a shot.

The Chinese Theater is totally unrelated to the "Star Wars" fireworks show therefore dimmed
The Castle is an appropriate centerpiece for the Wishes fireworks show therefore highlighted

Just my thoughts.

ToTBellHop

14v33h3.jpg

2upwnyx.jpg

It's all about what we are intended to focus on. And for the record, the Castle goes dark for the Wishes finale.

Have you ever even seen Wishes?

Cesar R M

Let me give it a shot.

The Chinese Theater is totally unrelated to the "Star Wars" fireworks show therefore dimmed
The Castle is an appropriate centerpiece for the Wishes fireworks show therefore highlighted

Just my thoughts.
not to mention that the castle changes colors and also dims/shutdown in parts of the show.

Phil12

not to mention that the castle changes colors and also dims/shutdown in parts of the show.
Of course the fireworks at DHS tend to dwarf the Chinese Theater because it's so tiny. So it's better just to keep the lights off so as not to cause a distraction, no matter how minor it would be.

ToTBellHop

Of course the fireworks at DHS tend to dwarf the Chinese Theater because it's so tiny. So it's better just to keep the lights off so as not to cause a distraction, no matter how minor it would be.
Now that they've trimmed back the stage, it looks bigger. Wonder where management learned that trick...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom