Brazilian Tour Group Dates

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Is there a calendar out there that shows what days the Tourismos and whatever other tour groups are at WDW?

I am tentatively planning a trip the February 21-28 and think there might be a tour group mixed in those dates.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's really hard to say...I was out in the resort from Jan 25th - Feb 8th and they were there almost all those 2 weeks a new wave came when the new week started....

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
It's really hard to say...I was out in the resort from Jan 25th - Feb 8th and they were there almost all those 2 weeks a new wave came when the new week started....
I think they are pretty heavy in late January/early February. I thought they start thinning out by the end of February, but that's why I made the thread.

I can't really nail down their exact dates and see some differing opinions. Trying to gain a consensus.

Last edited:

AndyS2992

I always go August/September and I have yet to see a 'tour group' but there were still plenty of South American families around. But then again, if it isn't Brazillians, then there are still cheerleaders, dance troupes, football teams, gay days, goth days, Night of Joy and lots of other events all year round which draws groups of 'undesirables' as some would say, so finding a good time to go without groups will be difficult.

Last edited:

raven

They really don't have a "season" per se anymore and are hear all year around now. But the current economy and virus going on in Brazil is already having an effect on the amount of tourists visiting the Orlando area as numbers start to fall.

DfromATX

I don't know about winter months, but during summer, it's July. And that's when we're going. I'm not thrilled about it, but that's when time permitted for us this year. Normally we like to go in June and they're not usually there yet. It'll be interesting to see if they will be in full force as usual.

Goofyernmost

I go there usually in the January, February and March time span. I have seen them there in pretty good numbers, but, you know what? I have yet to see all that unforgivable behavior that has been dramatized on the boards so frequently. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe others are more sensitive to the actions of others. Either way... personally, I wouldn't even think to think about it. Never has been a problem for me. Mostly they were just having fun and meaning no harm. Of course, I don't stay onsite so I have never had to deal with the hotel presence.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I go there usually in the January, February and March time span. I have seen them there in pretty good numbers, but, you know what? I have yet to see all that unforgivable behavior that has been dramatized on the boards so frequently. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe others are more sensitive to the actions of others. Either way... personally, I wouldn't even think to think about it. Never has been a problem for me. Mostly they were just having fun and meaning no harm. Of course, I don't stay onsite so I have never had to deal with the hotel presence.
I think you should be careful saying the behavior is dramatized. There is plenty of proof on YouTube if you want to watch some videos of their behavior first hand.

It's ridiculous, annoying, and should be stopped.

DfromATX

Their behavior doesn't bother me (God knows, I have 4 teenagers myself!) at least I have never seen them do anything too bad, but then again, we usually go in June. What bothers me is just the number of them. And in past years, seeing their "leader" at a fast pass kiosk getting ALL the fast passes - that was annoying, but maybe they won't be able to do that anymore with the new system.

Goofyernmost

I think you should be careful saying the behavior is dramatized. There is plenty of proof on YouTube if you want to watch some videos of their behavior first hand.

It's ridiculous, annoying, and should be stopped.
You Tube, although accurate in documenting a single incident does not mean that it is always happening to the degree that it is implied. You Tube shows many people acting foolish while drinking, that doesn't mean that every person that has a drink does that, but, who wants to record nothing happening.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
You Tube, although accurate in documenting a single incident does not mean that it is always happening to the degree that it is implied. You Tube shows many people acting foolish while drinking, that doesn't mean that every person that has a drink does that, but, who wants to record nothing happening.
If it happens to you once, trust me, it's not overblown.

Lirael

They start increasing in December, then there's a lot in january and february (their summer vacation). The ) and after that they decrease again. In june they start going up in number, july is the peak and august they slowly dwindle (because school starts again in august).

But between the economic crisis (the dolar being now worth twice what it used to be) and high 'new' tax on overseas vacation packages, maybe there'll be less of them this year. Of course, because of the Olympics there might also be a shift in the dates of tours from rio de janeiro, but thats just random speculation.

Susan Savia

We have been here at WDW for two weeks and have seen a LOT of tour groups, some Brazilion and many high school cheerleading groups. They have had no impact on our time in the parks and were well behaved.

Goofyernmost

We have been here at WDW for two weeks and have seen a LOT of tour groups, some Brazilion and many high school cheerleading groups. They have had no impact on our time in the parks and were well behaved.
I have a firm belief that if you go looking for problems you will find them. It's a pretty common human trait. I have been going there in Early January to Early March for about 15 years. I have seen huge numbers of groups over that time. None, absolutely none have ever been a problem. Sometimes loud while walking along, occasionally a little noisy in queue lines, but, really nothing that has ever bothered me at all. As with anything else there will usually be a random group that is out of control, but, it isn't always the way it happens. My advice, don't worry about it. You get more disruption from a groups of petite cheerleaders in the parks, then all the other allegedly disruptive other groups you can name.

WDWVolFan

Is there a calendar out there that shows what days the Tourismos and whatever other tour groups are at WDW?

I am tentatively planning a trip the February 21-28 and think there might be a tour group mixed in those dates.
You should be good...most schools in Brazil are back in session by then.

DisneyChik17

They are all year round now, but the Brazillian dollar has tanked, so the groups are much smaller and better behaved that previous years.We don't see them as often and as plentiful in the local hotels (and I work locations from I-Drive to 192, and on Disney Property).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom