help! accidentally cancelled a sci fi reservation

steffib

Original Poster
hi, I accidentally cancelled a sci di diner lunch reservation for April 8th on my Disney experience and now there's no reservations left!
do you think if I called Disney the could help me?
thanks

CAPTAIN HOOK

do you think if I called Disney the could help me?
Oops, I did that with one of my dining reservations but was fortunate enough to notice immediately and re-book it.

I'm afraid that calling Disney won't help you. While they may be able to see your booking history on your MDE account, they can't do anything if the restaurant is fully booked. Just keep checking back, you may get one as others refine their trips

steffib

Original Poster
There's a few dinners left for 4 on the 8th move quickly

aw thanks just checked and they're gone...will keep trying.

gutted as have never eaten there before and looked great!
And looks like I didn't cancel I actually amended to go on the 8th August...by which time I'll be well back in Blighty! aarrgghh-so annoying!

thanks for everyone's help!

G00fyDad

And looks like I didn't cancel I actually amended to go on the 8th August...by which time I'll be well back in Blighty! aarrgghh-so annoying!

Call Disney Dining and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain what happened and tell them that you've never eaten here before and it was an honest mistake. Not promising anything but maybe, just maybe they can help you out.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Try calling them directly, a person may help. Plus keep on the lookout for another time that might open up, especially as your vacation approaches. People will cancel a reservation when their time gets close, and so more times may open up the closer you get to your vacation.

I was able to secure a couple of new reservations that way when we went in November. a couple of days before we were to fly out, I snagged some nice reservations. Good luck

G00fyDad

Try calling them directly, a person may help. Plus keep on the lookout for another time that might open up, especially as your vacation approaches. People will cancel a reservation when their time gets close, and so more times may open up the closer you get to your vacation.

I was able to secure a couple of new reservations that way when we went in November. a couple of days before we were to fly out, I snagged some nice reservations. Good luck

^^^ This. Check daily if the Disney supervisor cannot help. That is how I got our second Be Our Guest ADR on our last trip.

Figgy1

Premium Member

i wasn't impressed, maybe you can snag something better

ratherbeinwdw

Checking several times a day is great advice. Also, checking daily while there, has a good chance of success. Our last trip, we ended up needing to cancel three ressies while there. I canceled them one to three days in advance so that someone else could get them. Making several ressies seems reasonable when making them months in advance, but actually eating all that food sometimes is just too much.

steffib

Original Poster
Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice.
I will keep checking and see if I can get a cancellation. In the meantime-I have reserved the 50s prime time cafe as a back up in case we can't get a cancellation...never eaten there before either and it looks good.
thanks again!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
^^^ This. Check daily if the Disney supervisor cannot help. That is how I got our second Be Our Guest ADR on our last trip.
That's what I do, if we want to try to add another reservation for our stay - if my next trip this April, though I think we're pretty satisfied, so no new reservations but checking everyday is a smart move.

wendysue

Don't worry too much if you don't get there this trip. We wished that we hadn't gone after we ate there. Our food was expensive and tasteless. Just OUR opinion.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It is not impossible to get reservations a day or so in advance - when we were there this past December (mid-month) I managed to change a couple of different reservations (one that I recall was Akerhaus for an early breakfast) that had no openings during the months leading up to our trip. In fact, at a certain point I gave up trying to look in advance and instead looked during a couple week period how often reservations opened up a couple of days in advance - once I saw that this might be possible, I decided to relax and wait until my trip. Oddly enough, however, I would check on my iPhone while in the parks (and find nothing) and back in the room I'd check with my iPad (and there would be reservations available!). I even experimented by using first my iPhone in my room (no reservations) and then on my iPad (reservations available). Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom