The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Twist

Your twist?

That there's no twist! Maybe I did it to throw you off of your game? ;)

But actually, I just decided that I'd save that twist for later... :p
1JPoX.gif

RMichael21

Original Poster
Blackfish.jpg

Yep, I'm that guy.
Honestly, I find Blackfish stupid. It's all propaganda, and people seem to believe every word without hearing SeaWorld's side of the story. I find what SeaWorld does rescue-wise fantastic, and all PETA wants is to release them into the wild. But, that'll just kill the Orcas, so they're better off in captivity. Maybe just without the shows, but in a large, themed and immersive tank for the whales. That's just my rant. :p:cool:;)

tcool123

Honestly, I find Blackfish stupid. It's all propaganda, and people seem to believe every word without hearing SeaWorld's side of the story. I find what SeaWorld does rescue-wise fantastic, and all PETA wants is to release them into the wild. But, that'll just kill the Orcas, so they're better off in captivity. Maybe just without the shows, but in a large, themed and immersive tank for the whales. That's just my rant. :p:cool:;)
So I assume your excited about Project Blue World?
article-2725899-208DDD7400000578-829_634x354.jpg

section-first-background.jpg

thumb_image_8609.jpg

SEA_Beach-View.jpg

blueworld.jpg

IAmNotAHufflepuff

So I assume your excited about Project Blue World?
article-2725899-208DDD7400000578-829_634x354.jpg

section-first-background.jpg

thumb_image_8609.jpg

SEA_Beach-View.jpg

blueworld.jpg

Actually, I think Blue World got canceled. I think this is because the California government issued a ban on orca breeding, so that would therefore make Blue World.. kind of a waste of money.

I remember reading about this on Theme Park Tourist, but I can't pinpoint which article it was.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Actually, I think Blue World got canceled. I think this is because the California government issued a ban on orca breeding, so that would therefore make Blue World.. kind of a waste of money.

I remember reading about this on Theme Park Tourist, but I can't pinpoint which article it was.
Maybe in San Diego, but I believe that it's still a thing in Orlando.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Maybe in San Diego, but I believe that it's still a thing in Orlando.

I don't believe it is. San Diego was supposed to be the test of whether Blue World could be a working concept.

I'm not sure. There hasn't been any news about it, so I would assume it's canceled. Like I said, I'm not sure.

tcool123

Blackfish.jpg

Yep, I'm that guy.
Seaworld does a lot of good. Was it mentioned in the documentary? No, it is a one sided movie to keep it all interesting. They never touched upon the good things such as
  • SeaWorld Orlando along with Lowry Park Zoo and Miami Seaquarium are the only locations in the nation authorized for critical care of Manatees.
  • SeaWorld Orlando is among a total of five locations in Florida for Manatee rehabilitation. (The Living Seas at Epcot is not one of them)
  • Rising Tide Conservation - A program funded by SeaWorld to help take care, and save the coral reefs of the world. Along with caring for the reefs they also study various fish that all live in the coral reefs.
  • The last thing I'll mention is that SeaWorld also funds various animal protection things to help endangered animals,. Here's a video of what they're doing in Nicaragua.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Seaworld does a lot of good. Was it mentioned in the documentary? No, it is a one sided movie to keep it all interesting. They never touched upon the good things such as
  • SeaWorld Orlando along with Lowry Park Zoo and Miami Seaquarium are the only locations in the nation authorized for critical care of Manatees.
  • SeaWorld Orlando is among a total of five locations in Florida for Manatee rehabilitation. (The Living Seas at Epcot is not one of them)
  • Rising Tide Conservation - A program funded by SeaWorld to help take care, and save the coral reefs of the world. Along with caring for the reefs they also study various fish that all live in the coral reefs.
  • The last thing I'll mention is that SeaWorld also funds various animal protection things to help endangered animals,. Here's a video of what they're doing in Nicaragua.

I think everything else SeaWorld does is great. I'm not a PETA person who wants Sea World to be shut down, but I do want the orca captivity to stop.

They are just too intelligent and large to be kept in captivity.

tcool123

Only California the one thing SeaWorld was going to do to help their Orcas, and the California government stopped them there. It is still happening in Texas and Orlando.

tcool123

I think everything else SeaWorld does is great. I'm not a PETA person who wants Sea World to be shut down, but I do want the orca captivity to stop.

They are just too intelligent and large to be kept in captivity.
Well if you do that they'll either die in the wild, or they'll live off what tourists feed them. THe best thing would be to stop the breeding, but that would also stop the studies on Orcas, and we may not learn as much about them. Orcas in the wild are a tad bit harder to study than Orcas in captivity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom