Reusing old MBs

MRGEFF

Original Poster
I'm all about reduce, reuse and recycling. We don't really need another MB, so how does all your info (tickets, charge usage, room key, FPs, etc.) all get on your old MB? Has anyone reused their old bands yet? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
As long as it's still linked and active in your MDE account once you are there it all works interchangeably with any band currently linked in your MDE account. You shouldn't have to do anything as long as your reservation and park tickets are linked in your account that your bands are on.
We have used bands from previous trips several times with no problems. :)

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Remember that nothing is "stored" on your band. All information is stored in your MDE account. A linked band just points back to your account, in the same way a debit card points back to the funds in your checking account.

We reuse our bands all the time.

yedliW

Just keep in mind that there is a battery in there that does have a finite life cycle. It is not used for most of the interactions (i.e. entering parks, charging, photo pass photogs, etc..) but it is used for the long range stuff.. (i.e. ride photos is the main thing now.. but they keep hinting at more in the works). I think they said the expected life cycle of the battery is 2-3 years. After that, they will still work for the short range stuff (i.e. Mickey head to Mickey head), but you might not get your ride photos automatically, and talking Mickey at the Town Square Theater might not address you by name.

lostpro9het

I'm all about reduce, reuse and recycling. We don't really need another MB, so how does all your info (tickets, charge usage, room key, FPs, etc.) all get on your old MB? Has anyone reused their old bands yet? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks
Been on the same band since the testing roll out a few years ago(Sept'13 I believe). As long as you keep it active in your MDE account you should be good to go. One thing we learned from a CM last year is, for whatever reason, if you have an excessive amount of bands linked they recommend you deactivate the ones you don't use as it can cause problems down the line. The deactivated ones can be turned into Christmas garland:
20151123_171226.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Been on the same band since the testing roll out a few years ago(Sept'13 I believe). As long as you keep it active in your MDE account you should be good to go. One thing we learned from a CM last year is, for whatever reason, if you have an excessive amount of bands linked they recommend you deactivate the ones you don't use as it can cause problems down the line. The deactivated ones can be turned into Christmas garland:
20151123_171226.jpg
Wow that is a lot of bands!

Rob562

20151123_171226.jpg

Yeah, the most common issue I've heard are the door locks. The lock gets overwhelmed when it's given like 50 Band ID's at once and told "ok, all of these can unlock the door".

Might fix it somewhere down the line if it's a persistent issue with a large enough population of Guests, but they just replaced all 10k+ locks on property at once, so I don't see them jumping to replace things again so soon.

-Rob

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Also remember that you can now turn down the MBs for a future trip. If you want to reuse, just decline the new ones.

WillCAD

Yeah, the most common issue I've heard are the door locks. The lock gets overwhelmed when it's given like 50 Band ID's at once and told "ok, all of these can unlock the door".

Might fix it somewhere down the line if it's a persistent issue with a large enough population of Guests, but they just replaced all 10k+ locks on property at once, so I don't see them jumping to replace things again so soon.

-Rob

Can't remember off-hand where I heard this (it was either from a CM or from one of Disney's online FAQs), but MyDisneyExperience limits each person to ten active MagicBands at any given time. You can have more than ten total, but only ten can be active.

Frontier21

Was wondering because my profile shows two active. So I was just going to bring both and see what they tell me at the desk. 44 days and counting down.

Rob562

Was wondering because my profile shows two active. So I was just going to bring both and see what they tell me at the desk. 44 days and counting down.

All Bands listed as Active in your profile can be used interchangeably throughout your trip. Just grab the color you want each morning.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom