The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

MonorailRed

Applebees
Episode 4 Immunity Challenge
The Fantastic Five

Blairozah_zpsiaqtlvzx.png

Team Blairozah is proud to introduce their plans for Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts from fall 2016-2023. You can find the Worldwide plans for the Walt Disney Company at http://teamblairozah.wix.com/tsiepisode4 .

- Site officially opens at 7:00 EST -​

spacemt354

Chili's
The Fantastic Five

For this challenge, our new tribes will need to create 5 new projects/concepts for 5 Disney Resorts world wide. You will assume the role of Disney's Board of Directors, as you will be "green-lighting" 5 projects. You may choose to create a concept for:

- Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, Aulani: A Disney Resort and Spa

You can do anything at any of these resorts. However, only one concept per resort, please. This means you will choose 5 out of the 7 listed resorts and create something for each (that means that if you choose WDW, you'll only create a concept for 1 park, etc). However, each concept for each resort must include more than 1 experience (i.e. more than 1 attraction, restaurant or shop). That's it! The rest is up to you!

IdOBuOe.png

Dear esteemed guest,

On behalf of the cast of the 2019 D23 Convention, we are pleased to offer you a VIP pass to all our events and activities this year. As a special token of our appreciation for your love of all things Disney, we will let you in on a little secret.

There’s an announcement coming at this convention that you don’t want to miss! We’ve been planning for a multiple year celebration called the Head Full of Dreams Celebration! New resorts, attractions, and entertainment will be coming to five of our resort locations around the world. It’s a monumental movement, and one we hope you will be a part of!

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

The 2019 D23 Staff

Last edited:

Jack Pumpkinhead

The Fantastic Five

For this challenge, our new tribes will need to create 5 new projects/concepts for 5 Disney Resorts world wide. You will assume the role of Disney's Board of Directors, as you will be "green-lighting" 5 projects. You may choose to create a concept for:

- Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, Aulani: A Disney Resort and Spa

You can do anything at any of these resorts. However, only one concept per resort, please. This means you will choose 5 out of the 7 listed resorts and create something for each (that means that if you choose WDW, you'll only create a concept for 1 park, etc). However, each concept for each resort must include more than 1 experience (i.e. more than 1 attraction, restaurant or shop). That's it! The rest is up to you!

IdOBuOe.png

Dear esteemed guest,

On behalf of the cast of the 2019 D23 Convention, we are pleased to offer you a VIP pass to all our events and activities this year. As a special token of our appreciation for your love of all things Disney, we will let you in on a little secret.

There’s an announcement coming at this convention that you don’t want to miss! We’ve been planning for a multiple year celebration called the Head Full of Dreams Celebration! New resorts, attractions, and entertainment will be coming to five of our resort locations around the world. It’s a monumental movement, and one we hope you will be a part of!

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

The 2019 D23 Staff

Beg pardon Lassetoki, I think Hong Kong will already have a resort with a South American rainforest theme to it, actually it also have an African, Asian, and Southern Seas theme to it as well, as listed here, http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...land-breaks-ground-on-disney-explorers-lodge/.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

spacemt354

Chili's
Beg pardon Lassetoki, I think Hong Kong will already have a resort with a South American rainforest theme to it, actually it also have an African, Asian, and Southern Seas theme to it as well, as listed here, http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...land-breaks-ground-on-disney-explorers-lodge/.
We created an entirely unique backstory that connects with a fictitious "yet to be built" second park for Hong Kong titled the Seven Wonders resort that included an Amazonian forest land with an 'international gateway' of sorts that connects directly to our resort.

That hotel has a wide variety of themes. And the challenge asked us to be as realistic as possible as if we were Board Members so if we created something with a similar mindset, I'd say that's a positive and we are on the right track.

Jack Pumpkinhead

We created an entirely unique backstory that connects with a fictitious "yet to be built" second park for Hong Kong titled the Seven Wonders resort that included an Amazonian forest land with an 'international gateway' of sorts that connects directly to our resort.

That hotel has a wide variety of themes. And the challenge asked us to be as realistic as possible as if we were Board Members so if we created something with a similar mindset, I'd say that's a positive and we are on the right track.
Thank you for clarifying that.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Critiques

Blairozah
@TheOriginalTiki, @MonorailRed, @tcool123, @IDInstitute and @Sam4D23

Great concept Blairozah! Let's pick your proposal apart! First, nice new logo. ;) As for the opening paragraph, I would have liked to see something that was more detailed and set up the concept more. The website was nice, very clean and organized. Usually, I find Wix sites kind of tacky and complicated, but your site this challenge was great. My one issue is that occasionally the images would be covering the text again, so look out for that in the future. The 5 locations that you picked were Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland and Aulani. These picks... PERFECT!!!!! You picked the resorts that either need the most work or fit best into your selection. You left out Shanghai and Tokyo, both in their own ways would be very challenging. With Tokyo, there's really no reason to do anything there and Shanghai isn't even open yet, so props for a well-rounded selection.

Let's start with your Disneyland concept. PERFECT, once again, in my opinion. The idea to overhaul the lands that desperately need it was great, in my opinion. Also, the amount of detail that you put for each sections was perfect, nothing to specific that it dragged on, but just enough where it kept me knowing exactly you were doing. The Hollywoodland updates, great... But the High Sierras idea: I found that just okay. I like how you're embracing more of California, but with Grizzly Peak and Carsland I almost feel like that could be just a little bit of overkill with 3 mountain ranges literally right next to each other. That choice wasn't exactly something I could see WDI doing. Otherwise, Disneyland's updates were fantastic.

Now, for Walt Disney World. Great choice to focus on Epcot. However, is a PeopleMover really realistic??? Remember you're the Board of Directors, you have to think realistic. But, something I found extremely realistic was Inside Out in the Captain EO theater. A relatively cost-effective, high capacity attraction that REALLY seems like something the BoD would approve. Honestly, I would have liked to see you put the money for the peoplemover into Universe of Energy. I'd rather you fix the park before you add more, similarly to what you did with DCA.

Next, Disneyland Paris. But... Star Wars? Really? You could have been so much more creative... While it's a very realistic move, that doesn't mean you can't be creative with your decisions. As for what you had for Star Wars, I like it, just the idea of it makes me wish you had done something different. Overall, I was left kind of disappointed. While I agree WDS needs a lot of work, I'm not sure the kind of expansion that you chose wasn't the best choice IMO.

Now, we'll take a look at Hong Kong Disneyland. Well, there wasn't exactly anything to look at... It was just a blank page with nothing on it... So, on to...

Aulani! I'm actually going here this summer, so I was super excited to see both tribes take on this Hawaiian resort. First, this is kind of a small critique, but there's actually already been a Phase 2 at Aulani, where they added more rooms and more pools, I believe. So, I guess your's would be Phase 3. :p Your market place idea... FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed it. It would fit in perfectly at Aulani, which is mainly focused on Hawaiian culture with a touch of Disney. Overall, I'd say this is your strongest concept.

Lassetoki
@Matt7187, @Ranky64, @spacemt354, @Flippin'Flounder, @JokersWild and @IAmNotAHufflepuff

Fantastic concepts this challenge to all of you! Let's pick your proposal apart. First of all, great opening paragraph! It really set the stage for this proposal. I also loved how you really embodied the Board of Directors and took one the role. So well done there! The site was nice and clean like Blairozah's as well. However, I preferred the set up that Blairozah used where they put everything on one page. For some reason, it just made it feel more cohesive and connected. With your choice to split it up, a back button on each page would have been nice. However, the music was great. When the Spaceship Earth music came on, I smiled. :p As for your selections... Like Blairozah, good choices. But, it'll provide with a nice comparison for both tribes, seeing that both of you did the same places.

For Epcot, your changes seemed extremely reasonable. However, for The Depths, it seemed to clash a bit with The Seas. Also, your UoE makeover was really great! The level of detail that you went into across the board was kind of win-lose. I understood what you guys were doing, but with so many concepts this week, it kind of caused your concepts to drag on quite a bit. A more brief description for everything could have been nice. Finally, with the whole "Phase 1" and "Phase 2" thing, I was left sort of confused. Was Phase 2 something that was more hypothetical? I was left unsure.

Now, onto Disneyland. I liked the idea that you focused on DCA... But Marvel... UGH! I really didn't like the route you took with this. While Marvel is an EXTREMELY successful franchise and does deserve it's own land in a theme park, I would have liked to see you actually fix the park like Blairozah before adding anything new. First of all, there's already a Marvel Land planned for DCA, so that was about the least creative thing that you guys could have come up with. As for the tower, I'm pretty positive it would absolutely ruin sight lines in DCA with Tower of Terror in it, completely ruing ToT's theme. However, the Avengers Assemble Ride was nice, but it felt kind of like a generic Avengers ride, to be honest. Overall, I found this land, kind of uninspired.

Next, to WDS. I liked the makeover... Hollywood Boulevard was nice. But, I really loved Nemo's Reef. It was a really nice addition. Metroville was a nice addition as well. As for the Land of Oz... I have mixed feelings. While I feel like what you put in there is fantastic, I'm not 100% sure that it fits in well in a Disney theme park. But, I really could be convinced to both sides.

Moving on to Hong Kong Disneyland. The hotel was great. But, they're actually already building something VERY similar right now. While the backstory is nice, I don't feel like they're different enough, to be honest.

Finally, Aulani. The pool expansion was nice, but there's actually already a mountain in the resort. And, a mountain so big would draw the eye away from the central figuration of the resort, in my opinion. As for the Lilo and Stitch Adventure, Aulani is built on the premise of Hawaiian culture with subtle hints of Disney. A whole area based on the franchise seems like something you'd find in a WDW water park like Typhoon Lagoon, not Aulani. However, the Pineapple farms were great! Finally, the artwork for Aulani was really great, so props to space (I think it was space who made it).

Overall, fantastic concept!​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Critiques

Blairozah
@TheOriginalTiki, @MonorailRed, @tcool123, @IDInstitute and @Sam4D23

Great concept Blairozah! Let's pick your proposal apart! First, nice new logo. ;) As for the opening paragraph, I would have liked to see something that was more detailed and set up the concept more. The website was nice, very clean and organized. Usually, I find Wix sites kind of tacky and complicated, but your site this challenge was great. My one issue is that occasionally the images would be covering the text again, so look out for that in the future. The 5 locations that you picked were Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland and Aulani. These picks... PERFECT!!!!! You picked the resorts that either need the most work or fit best into your selection. You left out Shanghai and Tokyo, both in their own ways would be very challenging. With Tokyo, there's really no reason to do anything there and Shanghai isn't even open yet, so props for a well-rounded selection.

Let's start with your Disneyland concept. PERFECT, once again, in my opinion. The idea to overhaul the lands that desperately need it was great, in my opinion. Also, the amount of detail that you put for each sections was perfect, nothing to specific that it dragged on, but just enough where it kept me knowing exactly you were doing. The Hollywoodland updates, great... But the High Sierras idea: I found that just okay. I like how you're embracing more of California, but with Grizzly Peak and Carsland I almost feel like that could be just a little bit of overkill with 3 mountain ranges literally right next to each other. That choice wasn't exactly something I could see WDI doing. Otherwise, Disneyland's updates were fantastic.

Now, for Walt Disney World. Great choice to focus on Epcot. However, is a PeopleMover really realistic??? Remember you're the Board of Directors, you have to think realistic. But, something I found extremely realistic was Inside Out in the Captain EO theater. A relatively cost-effective, high capacity attraction that REALLY seems like something the BoD would approve. Honestly, I would have liked to see you put the money for the peoplemover into Universe of Energy. I'd rather you fix the park before you add more, similarly to what you did with DCA.

Next, Disneyland Paris. But... Star Wars? Really? You could have been so much more creative... While it's a very realistic move, that doesn't mean you can't be creative with your decisions. As for what you had for Star Wars, I like it, just the idea of it makes me wish you had done something different. Overall, I was left kind of disappointed. While I agree WDS needs a lot of work, I'm not sure the kind of expansion that you chose wasn't the best choice IMO.

Now, we'll take a look at Hong Kong Disneyland. Well, there wasn't exactly anything to look at... It was just a blank page with nothing on it... So, on to...

Aulani! I'm actually going here this summer, so I was super excited to see both tribes take on this Hawaiian resort. First, this is kind of a small critique, but there's actually already been a Phase 2 at Aulani, where they added more rooms and more pools, I believe. So, I guess your's would be Phase 3. :p Your market place idea... FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed it. It would fit in perfectly at Aulani, which is mainly focused on Hawaiian culture with a touch of Disney. Overall, I'd say this is your strongest concept.

Lassetoki
@Matt7187, @Ranky64, @spacemt354, @Flippin'Flounder, @JokersWild and @IAmNotAHufflepuff

Fantastic concepts this challenge to all of you! Let's pick your proposal apart. First of all, great opening paragraph! It really set the stage for this proposal. I also loved how you really embodied the Board of Directors and took one the role. So well done there! The site was nice and clean like Blairozah's as well. However, I preferred the set up that Blairozah used where they put everything on one page. For some reason, it just made it feel more cohesive and connected. With your choice to split it up, a back button on each page would have been nice. However, the music was great. When the Spaceship Earth music came on, I smiled. :p As for your selections... Like Blairozah, good choices. But, it'll provide with a nice comparison for both tribes, seeing that both of you did the same places.

For Epcot, your changes seemed extremely reasonable. However, for The Depths, it seemed to clash a bit with The Seas. Also, your UoE makeover was really great! The level of detail that you went into across the board was kind of win-lose. I understood what you guys were doing, but with so many concepts this week, it kind of caused your concepts to drag on quite a bit. A more brief description for everything could have been nice. Finally, with the whole "Phase 1" and "Phase 2" thing, I was left sort of confused. Was Phase 2 something that was more hypothetical? I was left unsure.

Now, onto Disneyland. I liked the idea that you focused on DCA... But Marvel... UGH! I really didn't like the route you took with this. While Marvel is an EXTREMELY successful franchise and does deserve it's own land in a theme park, I would have liked to see you actually fix the park like Blairozah before adding anything new. First of all, there's already a Marvel Land planned for DCA, so that was about the least creative thing that you guys could have come up with. As for the tower, I'm pretty positive it would absolutely ruin sight lines in DCA with Tower of Terror in it, completely ruing ToT's theme. However, the Avengers Assemble Ride was nice, but it felt kind of like a generic Avengers ride, to be honest. Overall, I found this land, kind of uninspired.

Next, to WDS. I liked the makeover... Hollywood Boulevard was nice. But, I really loved Nemo's Reef. It was a really nice addition. Metroville was a nice addition as well. As for the Land of Oz... I have mixed feelings. While I feel like what you put in there is fantastic, I'm not 100% sure that it fits in well in a Disney theme park. But, I really could be convinced to both sides.

Moving on to Hong Kong Disneyland. The hotel was great. But, they're actually already building something VERY similar right now. While the backstory is nice, I don't feel like they're different enough, to be honest.

Finally, Aulani. The pool expansion was nice, but there's actually already a mountain in the resort. And, a mountain so big would draw the eye away from the central figuration of the resort, in my opinion. As for the Lilo and Stitch Adventure, Aulani is built on the premise of Hawaiian culture with subtle hints of Disney. A whole area based on the franchise seems like something you'd find in a WDW water park like Typhoon Lagoon, not Aulani. However, the Pineapple farms were great! Finally, the artwork for Aulani was really great, so props to space (I think it was space who made it).

Overall, fantastic concept!​
Also, sorry for the delayed critiques and if they seem rushed towards the end. ;):)

RMichael21

Original Poster
Results

This challenge was extremely close...

Blairozah

Lassetoki

That means Lassetoki members must vote in their Imagineer's Council PM's for who they'd like to vote off of the island. You have until Friday, February 12th at 9:00 PM EST.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4 Imagineer's Council
Results

@JokersWild

2 Votes @JokersWild, 1 Vote @Ranky64, 1 Vote @IAmNotAHufflepuff... 1 Vote Left

@JokersWild, the tribe has spoken...

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 5 Redemption Duel
Snack Carts For SeaWorld

Welcome to this season's next Redemption Duel!

Lighthouse-with-50th-treatment-at-SeaWorld-Orlando-Seafun.jpg

Introducing our castaways for this duel:
@DSquared

and @JokersWild voted out at the last Imagineer's Council.

For this duel, our two competing castaways must design a themed snack cart for SeaWorld Orlando. That's it! The rest is up to you!

Episode 5 Redemption Duel is due on Sunday, February 14th at 10:00 AM EST. You may use no more than 15 images and must have at least 5 sentences.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 5 Project Veto Challenge
Animal Encounters

Girls Feeding Dolphins -Courtesy SeaWorld.jpg

For this Project Veto challenge, our castaways must design an all new animal encounter for SeaWorld Orlando! It can be anywhere in the park, with any kind of animal and any kind of experience, as long as guests are able to interact with that species of animal.

Episode 5 Project Veto Challenge is due on Sunday, February 14th at 10:00 AM EST. You may use no more than 5 sentences and 1 image. You must submit your concept in your designated Project Veto PM.

DSquared

Episode 5 Redemption Duel

Sea World Orlando is one of the most popular theme parks in Orlando, and is world famous for it's conservation efforts. The theme park side of the park is always growing, and should accommodate the growing number of guests to the park. Restaurants are expensive and can sometimes take up space, but food stands are fast, easy, cheap, and using minimal space. Here is my pitch for a new Sea World Orlando food cart:

Drawing(3).png

Shamoo's Surfside Bites will be a new food cart near the line at Shamu Stadium, where the world famous Shamu show takes place. The cart would be near the line to serve the purpose of providing snacks to those who are in line waiting to get into the stadium for the show.

The cart would mostly serve ice cream and cold products to battle the hot Orlando weather, but the stand would also sell an assortment of other snacks and drinks.

Menu

Snacks:
Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint, or Strawberry)
Doritos (Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, Spicy Sweet Chili)
Lays (Original, Sour Cream and Onion)
Hershey Candy (Hershey, Recce's, Kit-Kat, Jolly Rancher's, Twizzlers)

Drinks:
Coca Cola Products (Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Vitamin Water, Dasani Water, Minute Maid Coolers, Minute Maid Lemonade, Hi-C)

That's about it. I hope you enjoyed Shamu's Surfside Bites!!!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 5 Immunity Challenge
Another Big Birthday Bash

Once again, immunity is back up for grabs...

seaworldphoto_r620x349.jpg

Recently, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment celebrated its 50th anniversary, celebrating 50 years across all three SeaWorld Parks. But, many consider that campaign to be lackluster, with minimal advertising and not many new experiences at the three parks. So, for this challenge you'll be turning back the clock to recreate a new and improved SeaWorld 50th Celebration. You can do whatever you want, but you may not use a website, but you must have a video ad to promote your campaign and a catchy slogan/theme.

Episode 5 Immunity Challenge is due Friday, February 19th at 7:00 PM EST. You may use no more than 15 images + 1 advertisement video and must have at least 5 sentences. You will create your concepts in PMs that I will create and watch over.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 5 Immunity Challenge
Another Big Birthday Bash

Once again, immunity is back up for grabs...

View attachment 130639

Recently, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment celebrated its 50th anniversary, celebrating 50 years across all three SeaWorld Parks. But, many consider that campaign to be lackluster, with minimal advertising and not many new experiences at the three parks. So, for this challenge you'll be turning back the clock to recreate a new and improved SeaWorld 50th Celebration. You can do whatever you want, but you may not use a website, but you must have a video ad to promote your campaign and a catchy slogan/theme.

Episode 5 Immunity Challenge is due Friday, February 19th at 7:00 PM EST. You may use no more than 15 images + 1 advertisement video and must have at least 5 sentences. You will create your concepts in PMs that I will create and watch over.
Just to clarify, you'll be marketing for all 3 SeaWorld Parks, but all of your additions should be SeaWorld Orlando only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom