Tom Bricker goes mirrorless (Sony A7rii)

NowInc

His latest posts explains why and goes over the plusses and minuses of the move without being a "cheerleader". I found it interesting and thought I would share. Welcome aboard Tom.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/going-mirrorless-tom-bricker-1/

This news was great to hear, especially since I now have his old 70-200 in my house :p

Seriously tho, good to read the reasons for the switch @WDWFigment . Hope it works out! I personally am not quite ready to take the plunge, but its coming sooner than I had planned it seems.

WDWFigment

This news was great to hear, especially since I now have his old 70-200 in my house :p

Seriously tho, good to read the reasons for the switch @WDWFigment . Hope it works out! I personally am not quite ready to take the plunge, but its coming sooner than I had planned it seems.

Hope the 70-200 serves you well! It served me well for shooting Boo to You and MOUCP, among other things.

I still think I'm a bit early on making the jump to Sony FE, but I'm doing so partly with an eye towards the future. If those new Voigtlander ultra wides end up being as good as some of their other lenses, I think/hope my decision will be vindicated.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Having been down this path with the first gen of Sony FE gear (it didn't work for me at the time), I'm going to be really curious to hear your thoughts as you get settled in with it. I'll be especially curious how the second gen compare to the frustrations I had with the first gen.

thomas998

Having been down this path with the first gen of Sony FE gear (it didn't work for me at the time), I'm going to be really curious to hear your thoughts as you get settled in with it. I'll be especially curious how the second gen compare to the frustrations I had with the first gen.
Biggest problem beyond limited native lenses is the flash system. They still don't have it working worth a flip. Only way I can get consistent result using a Sony flash is to go completely manual otherwise the exposure is a roll of the dice.

PhotoDave219

Biggest problem beyond limited native lenses is the flash system. They still don't have it working worth a flip. Only way I can get consistent result using a Sony flash is to go completely manual otherwise the exposure is a roll of the dice.

Thats the way Nikon was in 2001.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom