The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OMG! Did you see @Phil12 post? I am so thrilled that I don't have to answer you this time. LOL. His response to you was so perfect. And like, I tried to find your rebuttal, but alas *nothing*.

The amount of people agreeing with me negate the need for a rebuttal to that one message.

It is evident by the number of "multi-quotes" that you feel the need to include in your posts that you have a contrary position to most people on this forum.

I wonder why it is that you feel the need to continually argue with everyone....did you not get enough attention as a child?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The amount of people agreeing with me negate the need for a rebuttal to that one message.

It is evident by the number of "multi-quotes" that you feel the need to include in your posts that you have a contrary position to most people on this forum.

I wonder why it is that you feel the need to continually argue with everyone....did you not get enough attention as a child?
No, they've a more vested interest....

Bocabear

Honestly if they would just take the stupid stage down and relocate it off center to the theater, the theater would look imposing...It is a game of scale and perception, and putting something in front of the subject, makes the focal point look smaller...
When entering the park when it first opened and they were not putting anything in front of the theater, it was immediately recognized...you understood what the park was about the second you entered... I don't know why years later people cant see the theater... the street is not that long...

Disneyhead'71

Wow, your writing is very eloquent. I'm sitting here just swooning! Thank you for helping to further convey my point of view on this. You really hit the nail on the head.

2ymsx8w.jpg

For me, Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life is akin to Fendi - unorthodox style with a bit of edge.

21eysy8.jpg

When Disney adds the lights it's really going to look more gorgeous than ever!

2gx2nur.jpg

Epcot's Spaceship Earth captures the essence of Chanel - classic, yet understated.

nz0mc6.jpg

Sleeping Beauty's Castle exudes Hermes - a traditional, timeless staple.

14v33h3.jpg

Cinderella's Castle channels Louis Vuitton - the quintessential juggernaut of elegance.

So, where is Prada?

2upwnyx.jpg

This is *not* Prada. Maybe high quality knock off Marc Jacob or Michael Kors. But, Disney we need Prada.

Awww, I wish it were. LOL.
You do realize they have the lights off on the theater for the Star Wars Fireworks? Right?

Here is a better look:
SIS963710.jpg

Oh, and I hated the hat. An absolute theme distroyer. Just a GIANT artless corporate marketing icon plopped in the middle of a seamless artistic environ.

Mike S

Honestly if they would just take the stupid stage down and relocate it off center to the theater, the theater would look imposing...It is a game of scale and perception, and putting something in front of the subject, makes the focal point look smaller...
When entering the park when it first opened and they were not putting anything in front of the theater, it was immediately recognized...you understood what the park was about the second you entered... I don't know why years later people cant see the theater... the street is not that long...
The current stage doesn't really get in the way at all. It's barely noticeable down Hollywood Blvd. and actually fits in pretty well.

ToTBellHop

Errrr you do realise I am talking about the DHS building and that Disney "has done it"? That photo is The Great Movie Ride lit up at night.
An absolute lie. It's pitch black at night. No lighting. This is Disney. If there is one thing they are not known for, it's nighttime lighting.

Here is a picture I took of Tower of Terror at 10 pm:
image.jpeg

For shame.

bhg469

Peculiar.... Isn't it?

I had to look up what the heck the revenge bit was about, and yep, I remember this one quite well. Shame I wasn't put on ignore like she promised.

RSoxNo1

@Siren, since you claim you're not trolling, I want you to defend this post...
Taking down the BAH was a big mistake imo. I just had to see it with my own eyes, and what I saw confirmed my suspicions of how bad this would look. You can barely see anything, just poor show all around.
star-wars-symphony-in-stars-fireworks-00.jpg
You confirmed your suspicions by posting a view of the hat mid demo? What do you mean by, "you can barely see anything?"

The Chinese Theater while gorgeous is not an icon, the picture above demonstrates this. Something else needs to go right in the middle to make a statement like Cinderella's Castle or the Tree of Life or *Spaceship Earth*.

wishes-nighttime-spectacular-05.jpg
I agree, the Chinese theater isn't an icon in the same way the other three are. However, DCA doesn't really have a huge icon either. It was the Sun Gong at the beginning and now it's Carthay Circle or Grizzly Peak. Why does DHS need to have the central icon?
Also, I just have to give a shout out to the DHS DJ the night I was there, he mixed 'Turn Down For What 'with the 'Star Wars Theme' song, and everybody around me went nuts and started twerking on their hands and on the ground. LOL. But seriously, it sounded so good -- if Disney put that mix on iTunes it would make so much money.
The DJ dance parties have to be relocated, you can't avoid them. I really hate the club mentality and it doesn't belong front and center in a Disney theme park. This type of thing should be located by Rock 'n' Roller Coaster where it would be thematically appropriate.

FigmentJedi

I agree, the Chinese theater isn't an icon in the same way the other three are. However, DCA doesn't really have a huge icon either. It was the Sun Gong at the beginning and now it's Carthay Circle or Grizzly Peak. Why does DHS need to have the central icon?.
The hubcap may have been right up front, but the icon of DCA had always been Grizzly Peak as far as marketing's concerned. Just look at the original logo.
logo2.jpg

Cesar R M

Thank you for clarifying that!

OMG! Did you see @Phil12 post? I am so thrilled that I don't have to answer you this time. LOL. His response to you was so perfect. And like, I tried to find your rebuttal, but alas *nothing*.

You know, I was just secretly hoping that just this once, you had some new tricks in that old bag of yours. It's not a bad thing I guess, it just demonstrates that you are just one of those rugged *dependable* type of guys. Right?

I don't think the Tower of Terror should be the icon either. I just want Disney to place another dazzling focal point in front of the theater.

I feel like this is a revenge post and you are trying to recreate the argument from the Frozen thread, just leave it over there and don't bring it here. Look at all of the other guys here, they all have an opinion but once again you are the only one bringing this tired troll this and troll that -- GROW UP! TODAY!

You will never enjoy a full and abundant life by holding silly grudges, especially online and double especially over Frozen. Please stop this for your own good.

LOL. You are too funny. But seriously, I am totally giving you *life*.

I am not being disingenuous. I even refrained from commenting further on the BAH removal for almost a year until I was able to see the new view with my own eyes.
KnkJkpk.gif

I can't wait until 6 months from now when it's revealed that @Siren is trolling us.
"I did it for the lulz"

"back in my days, trolling meant something".

or the classic:
"Jokes on them, I was just pretending"

Cesar R M

The hubcap may have been right up front, but the icon of DCA had always been Grizzly Peak as far as marketing's concerned. Just look at the original logo.
logo2.jpg
I find it interesting, all photos I've seen of California, are focused on Mickey's Fun Wheel

Phil12

Here's two comparison pictures I've taken.
View attachment 130208 View attachment 130209
Is Sleeping Beauty Castle not imposing enough as well?

Let's also not forget that pictures make both of these objects look much smaller than seeing them in person.
Perfect! You have made the point very clear. The icons in the other parks are big for the very reason you have stated, "pictures make both of these objects look much smaller than seeing them in person."

And yes, Sleeping Beauty Castle is not imposing enough. Walt was constrained by time and money on that project. His brother Roy fixed the problem with Cinderella Castle in the MK.

Tiny icons are like short people:

Siren

I'm kind of disappointed, you should have at least said thank you to @Phil12. He was just trying to be nice and help you out. Not cool.

Why do you have an issue with my use of "multi-quote". Are you suggesting that I ignore all of the other posters and only respond to you? Again, not cool.

And, I don't continually argue with people -- that is not fair. Whenever the guys here have a heated exchange on what amounts to nothing more than minutiae -- no one even bats an eye. But, whenever I express or defend an opposing viewpoint you are quick to label me as being 'argumentative'. You have always been extremely biased towards me.

My childhood is off limits, so stop reaching and stay on topic. And, speaking of 'attention', you may want to watch that because @wm49rs doesn't like anyone getting to close to me -- hence, the faux conversation he's attempting to start with you below. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't converse with you on a frequent basis on this forum -- so if you fall for it, that's on you.

Which makes it perfect for a park celebrating Hollywood, not just Disney.
I just wish DHS had their own unique icon instead of a duplicate. That being said, I wouldn't mind if Disney added more height to Chinese Theater.

No, they've a more vested interest....
LOL.

I can't wait until 6 months from now when it's revealed that @Siren is trolling us.
LOL. What's 6 months from now? And, again I am not trolling.

You do realize they have the lights off on the theater for the Star Wars Fireworks? Right?

Here is a better look:
SIS963710.jpg

Oh, and I hated the hat. An absolute theme distroyer. Just a GIANT artless corporate marketing icon plopped in the middle of a seamless artistic environ.
This pic is gorgeous just like all of the other close up shots, but I have yet to see a decent long shot of the theater during the fireworks..

Errrr you do realise I am talking about the DHS building and that Disney "has done it"? That photo is The Great Movie Ride lit up at night.
Yes, the photo is beautiful, marni.

Peculiar.... Isn't it?

I had to look up what the heck the revenge bit was about, and yep, I remember this one quite well. Shame I wasn't put on ignore like she promised.
I don't believe you. And, you didn't have to look up anything because you remember it like it was yesterday. But that is beside the point, I really don't want to put you on ignore *again*. So, just chill and "let it go."

Siren

@Siren, since you claim you're not trolling, I want you to defend this post...

You confirmed your suspicions by posting a view of the hat mid demo? What do you mean by, "you can barely see anything?"

I agree, the Chinese theater isn't an icon in the same way the other three are. However, DCA doesn't really have a huge icon either. It was the Sun Gong at the beginning and now it's Carthay Circle or Grizzly Peak. Why does DHS need to have the central icon?

The DJ dance parties have to be relocated, you can't avoid them. I really hate the club mentality and it doesn't belong front and center in a Disney theme park. This type of thing should be located by Rock 'n' Roller Coaster where it would be thematically appropriate.
You can't see the Chinese theater at all in that shot. And, that picture is directly from the official DHS website. So, I didn't go out of my way to find an awful picture. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...tudios/star-wars-symphony-in-stars-fireworks/

DHS needs a central icon because the other three parks have one. DHS looks so neglected to me -- I am no longer wowed when I enter this park.

And, I didn't mind the DJ -- he only comes out at dusk -- and I really like the lights, music and energy. "Club mentality" to describe this is a bit of a stretch, imo. I saw a lot of people dancing with the characters and having a lot of fun.

So again, not trolling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom