What is Walt saying?

LaughingGravy

Original Poster
C'mon, please give this photo your best caption. :D
312z4lz.jpg

TP2000

C'mon, please give this photo your best caption. :D
312z4lz.jpg

Judging by the width of the lapels and neckties and cuffed pants, plus a few double-breasted suits and the general age of Walt, this photo was taken around 1952 to 1955. And since Walt is wearing his signature Smoketree Ranch necktie, with the brand of the Palm Springs ranch he had to sell in order to pay all the construction bills in time for Disneyland's opening day, this is definitely pre-Disneyland opening (he stopped wearing the Smoketree Ranch tie after he sold the property, until he bought it back in 1957). So I would peg this as 1952 to 1954, at the very latest the early Winter of 1955.

As such, any quote attributed to Walt in this photo would need to be about Disneyland. Or maybe his Studios lot up in Burbank.

BoarderPhreak

"The gift shops go here, here, here, here, here, here... And HERE!"

"This is where we'll put Innoventions... It's so desolate, they'll never find Hoffa!"

"See this sinkhole? That's where Horizons goes."

"I was originally considering some bridge in Brooklyn, but this swamp was a much better deal!"

"One day, this area will have the coolest bathrooms in Orlando. We'll call it 'Tangled.'"

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Judging by the width of the lapels and neckties and cuffed pants, plus a few double-breasted suits and the general age of Walt, this photo was taken around 1952 to 1955. And since Walt is wearing his signature Smoketree Ranch necktie, with the brand of the Palm Springs ranch he had to sell in order to pay all the construction bills in time for Disneyland's opening day, this is definitely pre-Disneyland opening (he stopped wearing the Smoketree Ranch tie after he sold the property, until he bought it back in 1957). So I would peg this as 1952 to 1954, at the very latest the early Winter of 1955.

As such, any quote attributed to Walt in this photo would need to be about Disneyland. Or maybe his Studios lot up in Burbank.
"And this is where we will put people who overthink fun stuff."

Last edited:

Raineman

"This was given to me by a time traveller from the future year of 2016-he said that it is a picture of the left ear of some Disney employee named Joe Rohde. Must be the after effects of the nuclear bombs from WW III."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom