"Tomorrowland" - Where was COP?

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I just watched 'Tomorrowland' the other night. I enjoyed it but the reason I watched in the first place was to catch a glimpse of Carousel of Progress. I didn't see it. Was the scene cut or did I miss it?

prberk

I was right there with you, @DisneyGrl85 . I was really hoping to see it, since I remember the thread about them filming it at the Magic Kingdom with '60s costumes and everything.

I own the movie on Blu-Ray, although I have not yet used the code from it to access the online extras. I am glad they made it available as our friend Bruce has point out, but I am afraid that, like me, too few people will actually do the work to see it.

I was also disappointed and quite puzzled that "There's a Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow," which was featured in the film over the beginning, and which clearly embodies the theme of not only the movie but of Walt Disney's whole emphasis with the World's Fair of 1964 (again a major component of the movie and the genesis of the whole thing), was not included in the soundtrack album that was released.

It just seemed like, to me, that after a great start founded in Walt Disney's vision for Tomorrowland that took it to new places, the marketing department or corporate people in general did everything they could to distance themselves in the final products and marketing from that. And ultimately I think it confused the consumer, with no plot and not good point of reference -- and just made the whole project a harder sell than it needed to be.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I was right there with you, @DisneyGrl85 . I was really hoping to see it, since I remember the thread about them filming it at the Magic Kingdom with '60s costumes and everything.

I own the movie on Blu-Ray, although I have not yet used the code from it to access the online extras. I am glad they made it available as our friend Bruce has point out, but I am afraid that, like me, too few people will actually do the work to see it.

I was also disappointed and quite puzzled that "There's a Great Big, Beautiful Tomorrow," which was featured in the film over the beginning, and which clearly embodies the theme of not only the movie but of Walt Disney's whole emphasis with the World's Fair of 1964 (again a major component of the movie and the genesis of the whole thing), was not included in the soundtrack album that was released.

It just seemed like, to me, that after a great start founded in Walt Disney's vision for Tomorrowland that took it to new places, the marketing department or corporate people in general did everything they could to distance themselves in the final products and marketing from that. And ultimately I think it confused the consumer, with no plot and not good point of reference -- and just made the whole project a harder sell than it needed to be.

I haven't even found it uploaded anywhere online.
I have to admit that the World's fair scenes are what sucked me in. I was singing along with "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". I watched the remainder because I wanted to see what happened. I really thought I would see COP when the music started.

216bruce

I haven't even found it uploaded anywhere online.
I have to admit that the World's fair scenes are what sucked me in. I was singing along with "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". I watched the remainder because I wanted to see what happened. I really thought I would see COP when the music started.
If you have the disc and a DMA account, it can be viewed via the DMA 'version/link/code' for the movie. Enter your code number into the rewards site to activate the streamed version of the film. It's one of the exclusives to the DMA version of the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom