The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning. and who turned on the cold? It's 10, the wind is blowing and the wind chill is below 0. I'm done, I hate winter, I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do need to get out today and do some hunting for tonight's dinner fried groundhog and waffles, with real maple syrup from Vermont, not the cheap stuff! I hope all of you are warmer than me today, well that is except for @MinnieM123.

Songbird76

I had a fun morning! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to take a friend to child support office as her Mr Donkey stopped paying again! I'm sorry but if you make them pay for them. BTW he makes serious bank and his order is for less than he spends most night just going out. Not like he doesn't have the money. He does it for spite.
So sad because the only people he's spiting are his kids. THEY are the ones who have to do without if he doesn't pay. Why make your kids pick up the tab for your resentment of your ex? Way to go, Mr. Maturity.

Songbird76

I use to love Bartles & Jaymes-Original Wine cooler
pkg_original.jpg

Now most of the coolers and hard lemonades are beer based bluck Thank you Zima :cautious:

There is rumors of the Original Bartles and Jaymes Wine Cooler coming back. I'd be a happy camper.
I'm a Seagrums girl. Bartles and Jaymes doesn't taste good to me, but I LOVE the Seagrams winter berry and black cherry...We don't have wine coolers over here, though, so I only get them when I'm in the U.S. Probably a good thing or I might actually become a lush. :p

Songbird76

Prices are getting pretty ridiculous.
I actually wonder if they will see a huge downpoint of latin american customers because of the overvalued dollar vs local currencies.
Perhaps they will be replaced by more UK visitors?
Is there a separate Disney site for Mexico or Middle/South America? The UK and Ireland both have their own Disney site that offers packages and deals specifically for Europe. That's how we got our deal. 14 day ultimate tickets for the price of 7 (Ultimate tickets are for unlimited entrance to all 4 parks, plus the water parks, and it also used to include Disneyquest, but supposedly it doesn't anymore because it's closing, and it offers one round of mini--golf per day of your stay.), reduced room rate, $100 Disney gift card, and free Memory Maker, and free Quick Service Dining plan if you stay at a moderate hotel, regular dining if you stay at a Delux. We're doing moderate and we paid to upgrade to regular dining because I did the math and it would have been like...10 bucks cheaper to pay out of pocket for the few TS restaurants we wanted....or I could pay that extra 10 bucks and get 10 TS dining credits instead of only getting to go to 4. With everything included like that, it was JUST a bit more expensive (a few hundred bucks) to do 10 days in a moderate resort than to stay 5 days at a value with no waterpark access and only 5 days of tickets through the American site. With deals like that, it makes it affordable for European visitors. You might see if they have something for Mexico like that.

Songbird76

I am pretty much the same way. I buy the bottled water. No I'm not thrilled with the price but in the heat and humidity it is necessary. Usually in the afternoon I buy a bottled soda when I feel my sugar level dropping during warm months. Most QS restaurants don't have self serve soda anymore so I'm not hunting them down. I can drink the water in the rooms, out of the parks fountains not so much, so not accustomed to that. When I had a well here I bought bottled water too.
We're planning on cheating. We're each going to bring our own water bottle and we'll ask for water from QS restaurants to fill the water bottles. We have this stuff here that is a concentrated flavoring to put in the water. They are small little bottles that will fit in a pocket or purse and you just squeeze in a few drops. So we'll just get the free water and add our own flavorings. I've gotten us all our own lightweight nylon backpacks, so we can all carry our own water bottle, bag of chips or whatever snacks we want, a disposable rain poncho, and bottle of the water flavoring of our choice. That way I don't have to carry all the stuff myself all day...it keeps each person's load light and everyone can choose the stuff they like, so hubby can have spicy chips, DS can have plain potato chips, I can have fruit or granola bars, etc. I can have red berry water, DD can have strawberry, Hubby can have Lemon, etc. The only thing I'll have that the kids won't is sunscreen.

Songbird76

Happy note my dh made it out the door on time for the first day of his new project. I never thought he would be able to be ready by 4:30. He's not sure how long the 5am start time will last. He's hoping it gets change to 6 sometime next week.
What is the project and why is it so early??
DD got everything done on her Disney report that she can do for now. She had to have steps 1-3 done (1. choose topic, 2. find resources, 3. Write an introduction, minimum of 10 sentences, including why you chose your topic, what you already know about it, and what you want to learn about it.) Apparently they are not supposed to do any more than that because the teachers won't let more than 1 person do any given topic, so if someone else chooses the same topic, they have to pick something else, and they don't want the kids to do a whole bunch and then have to start over. I can't imagine anyone else choosing Disneyworld as a topic unless it was someone she doesn't get along with who just wanted to make sure she couldn't have her topic, but there are VERY few kids she doesn't get along with (pretty much just one) who would do something like that, and DD says she didn't tell anyone in her class what she was doing, so that probably won't happen. But she is itching to do more. She's having so much fun with it!

betty rose

Good day everyone. I'm back on the mend, this is one of the worst viruses I've had in years. Hubby has now come down with it. I'm glad the really bad part didn't hit until I got home. I literally went from the bed to bathe, brush teeth, then on to our rocking chair. I sat in the chair for the last 4 days, except when I went back to bed. It's been chicken soup and sierra mist for me the last few days. I think I coughed up at least 2 lungs!;) Glad it's getting behind me. Hubby isn't in the really bad zone yet. Thanks to all who followed our vacation. Disney is wonderful when not over crowded. I wish that it were that way all the time. We made our fastpasses on the day of, and got all of them. That's how uncrowded it was. The roads around Disney are all torn up, don't arrive near Disney Springs at rush hour, the place is a nightmare. We sat on a bus for 40 minutes and didn't move at all. I'm sure it's going to be great when the road work is finished, but right now there are too many cars and no place to go. That's all for today. I'm going to try and ketchup, and then back to my chair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom