Saana or Jiko

JCoppola

Original Poster
Wife's birthday in March, always wanted to eat in these two spots. I'm not adventurous but like a good steak. Wife much more open to different foods, she loves seafood any good options here. What do you guys think?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They are both great but for a special birthday dinner I would pick Jiko. You can have a delicious steak (have them substitute the side with Jiko's famous Mac and Cheese you won't be sorry even if not on the menu they will make it for you I always do that when not on the menu). And there is some great African inspired dishes. Me and the hubby love Jiko for a signature meal.
We love Sanaa for lunch so we can view the animals from the windows in the restaurant that has a view of the Savannah. We also love the Indian Bread Service. Try to go both on your trip if you can. :)

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

My boss took me and a couple of co-workers to Sanaa a couple of years ago. It was great. For me, comparable to one of the better Indian restaurants I've been to. I think everyone in my party had either chicken or lamb. I don't recall anyone getting fish. The atmosphere is fun and the decor is lovely.

Never been to Jiko.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I love both restaurants, but for a special occasion I too would pick Jiko over Sanaa as the atmosphere lends itself more to a special night out. And the steak at Jiko is delicious!

dreamfinder

They are two totally different dining experiences, but both are phenomenal. Sanaa has some great Indian food and during the day has some good views of the animals. Jiko on the other hand has the largest selection of South African wines outside of South Africa (at least I think that's the claim) and is much more a fancy dinner inspired by African flavors. If you both don't mind getting dressed up a bit, Jiko is a great choice and would probably take the edge for a special meal, but both are great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom