What's your favorite time of day at WDW?

KCheatle

Original Poster
Let me start this thread by stating: every minute of every day is great while I'm at WDW.:D

However, I do absolutely love the mornings - I love the coolness in the air, I love the quiet, I love the stillness of 7 Seas Lagoon, I love seeing the wet concrete at the parks, I love all of the stores being freshly re-stocked and the cast members waiving and happy to start a new day. I absolutely cherish the mornings at WDW.

But my kids...they much prefer the afternoons! While I know they love the rides and experiences in the park - they are so happy when we announce that it's time to head back to the hotel to swim for a bit. They love their afternoons playing around at the hotel.

And, my DH, he loves the night. He loves riding the outdoor rides where you can really see the park lit up, he loves the nighttime parades and the fireworks. And, he loves the moments on the balcony of the hotel after we've put the kids to bed where he and I just get to sit and listen to the atmosphere of WDW to close out our day.

What's your favorite time of day in WDW and why?

Wdw62114

Being that my wife and I dont have kids and go every year, my ultimate fav time of the day is during extra magic hours at midnight and later. Magic kingdom seems to take on a different vibe. Tomorrowland lit up at night with all the neon is just awesome. I can just sit and ride the people mover for over an hour. Also frontierland is gorgeous at night. Darker with all the lanterns lit and just seems more peaceful. Plus maybe its just me but the cast members seem to be really fun that time of night. Last year was able to walk on splash mountain and big thunder and a couple times didnt even have to get off the ride cause nobody was waiting in line. I like the mornings too but the real beauty of mk is when all lit up at night. Oh and the highlight is seeing thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synth-magnetic musical sounds lok

glvsav37

Night. Everything looks so amazing light up. Esp right around closing (I know, you have to leave) but when the park is nearing empty and everything is so tranquil.

DisneyFans4Life

I really enjoy the mornings because for me, it starts even before we get to the parks. If we're just going for the day, it starts with delicious pancakes in the morning, getting the car packed up and driving across I-4 and driving under the Magic Kingdom sign. If we're staying on site, it's the quietness of the resorts first thing in the morning and the dew on the grass (the dew on the grass is also a golf thing). I enjoy the happiness and freshness of the CMs, the stores and how MS USA smells first thing in the morning. And just to throw it in there...you can't go wrong with the way breakfast buffets smell in the morning :)

DisneyChik17

It varies by park: MK and Epcot are night time, for sure. DHS, either is fine. DAK is the best EARLY in the morning, I have done a 6 AM Everest walk-through and seeing the park that way was ASTONISHING. I have never looked at DAK the same way.

Retroman40

I love the MK at night. One of the best experiences you can have is timing it to ride Splash Mountain during Wishes. If you're lucky you can see a fireworks burst over the castle just as you crest the lift before the big drop as well as seeing fireworks as you make the turn before the first drop into the show building. Frontierland at night is beautiful.

yedliW

I love it at night, after dark. It is when you get the full effect of the designs. They can focus the lights where they want to draw your eyes, and you don't see the supporting stuff that has to be there, but isn't part of the 'magic'.

I also love the dancing fiber optics in the walkways at EPCOT that only come out to play after dark.

Schneewittchen

I'm a morning person too.

The first time I hear the toot from the boats in Bay Lake as we ride our bicycles from the campsite to the marina at Fort Wilderness gives me shivers. There's a slight chill in the air and everyone is in a fantastic mood as we board. Hurrying down Mainstreet to take a snapshot of the kids in front of the castle before it gets too busy. Stopping to buy a couple of coffees in Liberty Square. Damp pavement and bright blue skies. That first ride on POTC or Haunted Mansion with no wait....

disneyfirstLJ

Morning is my favorite time of day at WDW. I am an early riser anyway. I love getting ready and then walking to the resort food court early in the morning before a lot of the guests are up to get something to drink and pick up breakfast. It is so peaceful walking around the resort in the morning prior to all the hustle and bustle. I love MK and Epcot first thing in the morning as well. So happy and cheerful and it is a great kick off to a fun filled day.
I think my daughter would say afternoon is her favorite time of day because that is when world showcase is open and that is her favorite place in all of WDW. She loves exploring the countries and meeting people from all over the world.

I'd have to say my absolute favorite is dusk in MK. Whether you're returning to the park after a respite at your hotel or you've been deep into one of the lands, when you emerge on Main Street at dusk and you discover they've turned the lights on? It doesn't get much better than that. You have an entire evening of fun awaiting you and the park comes alive in a different way.

I also love early mornings at Epcot.

Lsumatt72

Morning and closing, for different reasons:

Morning (opening): like it because of the (usual) coolness before it gets too hot; typically low crowds so you can get numerous rides in and I love listening to the entrance loops while waiting in line to get in. And of course, watching the welcome show on MK days!

Closing: Fireworks, beautiful lights everywhere and just taking it all in while making a slow stroll out of the park. I'm never in a rush to leave the parks at night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom