Pre-Trip An insanely early outline of the trip where I may finally get to get my boys to slow down

@Jessica Meier asked if I had any plans in the works. So here goes our outline for next August and this time my boys might just slow down. LOL It us again Me, my dh and our boys who will be 14 and 22. The plan is to leave home on August 2nd and stop in Ga. to get some sleep, no more driving straight through either way! Get up early and make Kennedy at opening and spend the day there. Stay close to there and get some beach or pool time and some sleep. Get up and go to DTD and get provisions before checking into the rental condo and get some sleep. Then the real fun begins! We have 14 "Disney" days planned and we're getting the hoppers and WP&M, so 10 park days and 4 day for waterparks, mini-golf and maybe a stop in at Quest. We're hoping to make MK our first park as a family ever. The plan is to do 2 park days, then an easy day WP &/or mini golf,2 park days, 2 fun days (you get the picture) and our last 2 days will involve MK and EPCOT for sure. Then a day to sleep in go to DTD and the outlets (just love the Disney outlet stores). We'll call it an early night and get some sleep. Then 4 days over in UNI (the boys have been asking about going over to check out Potter and the coasters) The wish list for ADRs BOG (lunch and dinner), Beirgarten, LTT lunch (if they don't make major changes to the menu), Tokyo dining, La Hacienda, MM (Fantasmic), T-Rex (always seems to get put off), Kona Café lunch, Crystal Palace lunch, Whispering Canyon and Beaches and Crean. @DisneyDebNJ suggested Raglan Road so we might add it. We also have a few Qs places picked out to eat at TC and a hop to POP, Les Hailles PB and CR. We're also doing all 4 of the TS in the UNI parks. Check out day we'll hit DTD and maybe one last stop at an outlet if we have time before heading north. Yes finally a PTR with sleep included LOL

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

ok let's add in a leaping leprechaun (R&C), belinni (Italy), Sultan Colada (Morocco), white wine (Germany). Saki tasting (Japan), Plum wine and a stop at La Cava. I think we'll need @BuddyThomas with us:D I'm sure he knows how to exit while discretely tipsy;)
Okay, first of all, I'm insanely jealous of your long trip. It takes me a year to save up for five nights.
:(
Second, it sounds amazing and you are going to have a fantastic time.

And third, if I went in August, it would be so hot that if have no choice but to drink around the world twice.

;)

Have fun!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, first of all, I'm insanely jealous of your long trip. It takes me a year to save up for five nights.
:(
Second, it sounds amazing and you are going to have a fantastic time.

And third, if I went in August, it would be so hot that if have no choice but to drink around the world twice.

;)

Have fun!!!
Thank you so much! We saved for a couple years. 2 summers where we went almost nowhere didn't dine out. Cut back on almost everything to do a once in a lifetime trip. The one where my boys would be old enough be able to do things together without us. the one where could add in a few more ADRs and everybody could get more out of the trip.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
The down side to SOG is making ADRs one day at a time but yesterday I got MM Fantasmic at 2pm exactly what we wanted and today was even better BOG 11a, lunch and 6pm Garden grill dinner. At least i don't have to make ADRs the next 2 days as we're planning on TC and CR for the next day and the day after is mini golf, a water park and winging it for food.

Pooh'sBuddy

The down side to SOG is making ADRs one day at a time but yesterday I got MM Fantasmic at 2pm exactly what we wanted and today was even better BOG 11a, lunch and 6pm Garden grill dinner. At least i don't have to make ADRs the next 2 days as we're planning on TC and CR for the next day and the day after is mini golf, a water park and winging it for food.

But at least you get that "YES!!" feeling more than just once. :joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My dh said he'd like to do KSC later in the trip so we'll get to DTD about 10 or 11 am on the 31st and have a bit of time there before checking into SOG. With the slight change in plans my boys decided we just need to do T Rex for lunch. 11:30 ADR is now set. That will be my younger ds' birthday meal.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sounds like this is going to be such an awesome trip! Also thought of you the other day when they unveiled the new Disney Dooney's for F&G this year. The bags actually have Figment!

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/02/12656414_10153233166570981_1687929928_o-800x400.jpg
thank you and maybe it's a good thing I'm not going for F&G I'd come back sooooo broke

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom