Star Wars Disney Characters Going Away?

FigmentPigments

I was very fortunate that I was able to see these characters at the last Star Wars Weekends. Personally, I think it's a shame. One of the major reasons I became a Star Wars fan was because of the Stormtrooper skits they did before Stars of the Saga. As silly as it may sound, I grew to love the Stormtroopers and then expanded out. Suddenly I'm a huge herd about the whole thing, and I can trace it back to those skits. Before, I just thought the movies were good, but not fan worthy. So, thank you Stormtroopers! I will miss you.

DTale

This is why JK Rowling let Universal take Harry Potter and not Disney... Imagine Harry Potter Mickey Mouse in a robe, holding a wand, with the signature glasses and a scar on his forehead.

It seems to me Disney really is trying to consider Star Wars their version of franchise success in comparison to HP.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is why JK Rowling let Universal take Harry Potter and not Disney... Imagine Harry Potter Mickey Mouse in a robe, holding a wand, with the signature glasses and a scar on his forehead.

It seems to me Disney really is trying to consider Star Wars their version of franchise success in comparison to HP.
citaton-needed.png

It has always been my understanding that Disney passed on Potter because Rowling wanted too much creative control over the theme park environments. I have never once heard that the possibility of Mickey in a Gryffindor scarf and robes had anything to do with it.

ParkMan73

Seems like they're fixing the wrong problem. if I recall correctly, my kids have Star Wars toothpaste and mouth wash in their bathroom. I see some pretty far fletched Star Wars branded items all over the place.

Some Disney Star Wars characters don't seem so bad in comparison.

DarthMileZ

i blame the mega stupid fans (i am a pretty big fan but there are idiots out there)

they have been blasting Disney ever since they took over, you don't have to look far to see it on forums and message boards etc..

alot of people are angry at them for injecting some disney fun...

alot of these "fans" are slamming force awakens and holding onto the crappy books that came out in the 90s as canon

Disney are doing well with it, but its a shame they let the "fans" win.

Jon81uk

It has always been my understanding that Disney passed on Potter because Rowling wanted too much creative control over the theme park environments. I have never once heard that the possibility of Mickey in a Gryffindor scarf and robes had anything to do with it.

It is almost certain that the creative control she wanted included not allowing Character greetings. They don't have any meets at Universl either (although getting a Daniel Radcliffe lookalike would be hard). But at the Harry spotter weekend there was a masked Death Eater so it's possible something has changed.

roodlesnouter

It is almost certain that the creative control she wanted included not allowing Character greetings. They don't have any meets at Universl either (although getting a Daniel Radcliffe lookalike would be hard). But at the Harry spotter weekend there was a masked Death Eater so it's possible something has changed.

You can meet Stan Shunpike, the knight bus conductor.

Mad Stitch

I don't like how hypocritical the move is. Disney had no problems dressing Goofy as Vader in his underwear when it was another companies property, but now that Disney owns Star Wars they need to preserve the integrity of the characters? Please. :rolleyes:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I don't like how hypocritical the move is. Disney had no problems dressing Goofy as Vader in his underwear when it was another companies property, but now that Disney owns Star Wars they need to preserve the integrity of the characters? Please. :rolleyes:
Maybe it was a condition of the sale? Mickey and gang dressed as Star Wars characters sold characters meals and merchandise. I'm guessing that this is much more a directive of Lucas films than Disney. Disney don't typically put down a cash cow that easily.

asianway

Integrity issues overall don't stop there. The character brand manager needs to be fired

BoarderPhreak

It's understandable why they're doing this (brand identity and marketing) but I don't think it's necessary. This is Disney (and a Disney owned property). Maybe not sell them in HS; just keep the merch at MK or DS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom