Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rutt

I'm thinking a Woody's round up QS serving cowboy fare would be pretty awesome.
That would be cool. I'm trying hard to up with a ts idea that would fit. My children Are only 11 and 6 are not the biggest ts fans but are super excited bout a possible al's for toys.

Kate F

I apologize for asking this, I am admittedly a pretty impatient person, but is there any good reason at all why they haven't started construction on this yet? Seriously, what are they waiting for?

doctornick

That would be cool. I'm trying hard to up with a ts idea that would fit. My children Are only 11 and 6 are not the biggest ts fans but are super excited bout a possible al's for toys.

My guess is this: the concept art (shown a few posts above) show the main restaurant for the land, themed to an old school lunchbox with a thermos holding open the door (pretty cute idea IMHO) with a bunch of tables in that area. I expect that to be the main dining for TSL. I wouldn't be surprised to see a smaller offering elsewhere in the land, possible mentioned to Woody's roundup in some way -- maybe they'd just move "Hey Howdy Hey Takeaway" into the new land.

The concept art doesn't seem to indicate any larger sit down restaurant and I don't think one would fit the theme that well anyway, so I'm guessing there won't be one. DHS probably has enough sit down restaurants as is, as long as it doesn't lose any with the rebuild, plus there will probably be at least one coming with Star Wars and maybe another going into the LMA corner of the park with whatever Pixar stuff is Phase 3.

JUFL2019

I apologize for asking this, I am admittedly a pretty impatient person, but is there any good reason at all why they haven't started construction on this yet? Seriously, what are they waiting for?

There is a ton going on backstage. There are just people on this forum who like to redefine what "work" means each day to fit their "Disney never does anything mantra"

G00fyDad

The concept art seems to show a counter service restaurant with some outdoor seating.

View attachment 129971

My guess is this: the concept art (shown a few posts above) show the main restaurant for the land, themed to an old school lunchbox with a thermos holding open the door (pretty cute idea IMHO) with a bunch of tables in that area. I expect that to be the main dining for TSL. I wouldn't be surprised to see a smaller offering elsewhere in the land, possible mentioned to Woody's roundup in some way -- maybe they'd just move "Hey Howdy Hey Takeaway" into the new land.

The concept art doesn't seem to indicate any larger sit down restaurant and I don't think one would fit the theme that well anyway, so I'm guessing there won't be one. DHS probably has enough sit down restaurants as is, as long as it doesn't lose any with the rebuild, plus there will probably be at least one coming with Star Wars and maybe another going into the LMA corner of the park with whatever Pixar stuff is Phase 3.

That lunchbox may very well be themed (painted) to be a lunchbox that coexists in the TS movie world. Maybe a Buzz Lightyear Star Command or Woody's Roundup lunchbox.

Next Big Thing

Yes, there is work going on now. Did it require the closure of BLT a year-and-a-half ago? No.
There's no denying it was a cost savings move... I have no doubt there was more a helluva lot spent on that attraction daily for a ride that had waned in popularity. Does that justify closing it? No. But i'd sure love to see some numbers on home much actually was spent daily on just the BLT.

Fun Fact: The BLT is truly what ended production at D-MGM (and it did so quick for anyone who was serious about considering the location). With Cat Canyon going off so often, it was never quiet enough and guests being right on top of production areas didn't help.

doctornick

If that's a quick service, any chance the Woody's Roundup Area at the entrance of the land could be a full service? Looks like there's a building for it behind all the themed titles like 'hotel' and 'Sheriff'. That would be a really cool dining option.

I just feel like that area of the park will not have a table service restaurant. Right now DHS has 5 table service places and while rumors abound of some of them potentially closing, there is no clear indication that any will go away. I fully expect Star Wars to add at least one table service and who knows about whatever goes in Phase 4 (additional Pixar) which might be a better theme for a sit down (e.g. Harry Hausen if Monsters Inc is there, Flo's if Cars comes). I'm guessing that Toy Story Land gets one larger counter service with seating and one small scale one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They are definitely starting to clear out the area where TSL will go. The first picture is from Nearmap from February, the second picture is from November.

DHS1.JPG

DHS2.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom