How hard will it be to secure ADRs?

s&k'smom

Don't ever give up, my dear friend tried for weeks to get BOG and literally right before they left she got it. We were there last November and I was able to change times to my preferred time I believe 4x. I would call dining while were were waiting for the bus and it was awesome.

jenos0524

A few people have mentioned that they don't think the DDP is worth it. I've spoken to my Dad who insists I'm wrong. He really wants to do it, so who am I to argue? I'm just happy to be going period!

Use this calculator... to see if its worth it. http://www.distripplanner.com/

When I go I am doing a lot of Character Meals and TS meals too since it is my Daughters first trip. And I put in Ever Place I planned on eating, (Days I am not sure I just guess which QS Meal I would prob get.) It comes out Cheaper for me to just pay OOP. I think it estimated me at Saving only $90. But In reality I will save much more than that since my family all orders Water for our meals (Wife and daughter will get Juice/Milk in the morning, but that is it) Also my wife mentioned that she was looking at some menus and prob would be happy with just getting an appetizer for some meals, or a small salad. So in the end it would save me even more money. (Plus I don't think we each need a desert at every meal).

You also mentioned having some pickier eaters... I am guessing that means more Pizza/Chicken/Pasta meals which are cheaper than your higher end Steaks/Seafood Meals. Either way I will try to give you an update next week after I book all of my reservations...

This is what I am going for incase you are wondering...

Whispering Canyon Cafe, 1900 Park Fare, Coral Reef, Tusker House, Rainforest Cafe, Boma, O'hana, Hoop-De-Doo Review, Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Chef Mickey's, The Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, T-Rex, Cinderellas Royal Table, Skipper Canteen, Garden Grill (YES... 18 sit down meals in 10 days LOL)

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I found if you're staying on property, reserve BOG near the end of your vacation, I had the most luck because if you stay onsite you can reserve your ADRs for the entire week once the window opens up for the first day. Others can only reserve each day reaches the 180 mark.

mouse_luv

Use this calculator... to see if its worth it. http://www.distripplanner.com/

When I go I am doing a lot of Character Meals and TS meals too since it is my Daughters first trip. And I put in Ever Place I planned on eating, (Days I am not sure I just guess which QS Meal I would prob get.) It comes out Cheaper for me to just pay OOP. I think it estimated me at Saving only $90. But In reality I will save much more than that since my family all orders Water for our meals (Wife and daughter will get Juice/Milk in the morning, but that is it) Also my wife mentioned that she was looking at some menus and prob would be happy with just getting an appetizer for some meals, or a small salad. So in the end it would save me even more money. (Plus I don't think we each need a desert at every meal).

You also mentioned having some pickier eaters... I am guessing that means more Pizza/Chicken/Pasta meals which are cheaper than your higher end Steaks/Seafood Meals. Either way I will try to give you an update next week after I book all of my reservations...

This is what I am going for incase you are wondering...

Whispering Canyon Cafe, 1900 Park Fare, Coral Reef, Tusker House, Rainforest Cafe, Boma, O'hana, Hoop-De-Doo Review, Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Chef Mickey's, The Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, T-Rex, Cinderellas Royal Table, Skipper Canteen, Garden Grill (YES... 18 sit down meals in 10 days LOL)

The part that I bolded. Picky eaters usually means they like steak, chicken, pasta etc. And aren't going to be adventurous to eat squid, sushi, or probably anything at at place like Bongos at Disney Springs hence why I didn't put it on my list.

DisneyDukie

My ADR window opened this week, and I had a lot of similar reservations as you. Here's what I found:

Mama Melrose: This filled up the FASTEST, especially considering that the reservations aren't at optimal dining times. The best I could do for Mama Melrose/Fantasmic package was 2:10pm - so lunch. I booked a reservation for Hollywood & Vine's Fantasmic package as well, and got a 5pm reservation. I figure I'll cancel one as we get closer.

San Angel Inn: No problem getting these reservations mid-trip. We're a group of 4, also

Be Our Guest: We got reservations for lunch instead of dinner, but did it for our last day of the trip and had no problem getting ideal reservations.

We also looked into Le Cellier, and those reservations were wide open, too.

Hope this helps!

DimpledDevil18

Original Poster
My ADR window opened this week, and I had a lot of similar reservations as you. Here's what I found:

Mama Melrose: This filled up the FASTEST, especially considering that the reservations aren't at optimal dining times. The best I could do for Mama Melrose/Fantasmic package was 2:10pm - so lunch. I booked a reservation for Hollywood & Vine's Fantasmic package as well, and got a 5pm reservation. I figure I'll cancel one as we get closer.

San Angel Inn: No problem getting these reservations mid-trip. We're a group of 4, also

Be Our Guest: We got reservations for lunch instead of dinner, but did it for our last day of the trip and had no problem getting ideal reservations.

We also looked into Le Cellier, and those reservations were wide open, too.

Hope this helps!

Yes it does! Thanks a lot!

I'll take a look at some of the other places mentioned and see where the rest of my party might like to eat. Some of the places mentioned in this thread I know aren't part of the dining plan or are more than 1 credit.

Again I appreciate everyone's advice on whether or not the dining plan is worth the money. My Dad seems dead set on it just on the fact that the meals are pretty much prepaid alone. He wants to try it out for himself. I know everyone has the best intentions at heart though.

jenos0524

Aug 20th: Animal Kingdom. Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (4 people) Plenty Available
August 21st: Mama Melrose's w/Fantasmic Dining Package (4 people) Available at 4pm (latest, looks like from 2-4 is open)
August 22nd: Epcot. Late lunch: San Angel Inn (4 people) Plenty Available 5-7pm
August 23rd: Magic Kingdom. Breakfast: O'hana (4 people) Plenty available (I actually have b'fast reservations this day)
August 24th: Epcot: Dinner: Le Cellier (6 people) 4:45/6:15/7:50 is all that is open right now
August 25th: Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe (6 people) Plenty of times left

That is all I can search for you for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom