IOA nighttime show

TTA94

Original Poster
I think last year there was a rumor of IOA getting a nighttime lagoon show... Is that still in the works?

BrianV

From the high in the sky train it looked like there was some construction in the lagoon. Hard to tell though.

JoeCamel

Friday they were working on the Bilge Rat Barge ride and Hulk which both extend into the water but nothing else I saw.

BrianV

Friday they were working on the Bilge Rat Barge ride and Hulk which both extend into the water but nothing else I saw.

It was in the direction of the hulk. I hadn't thought much of it, but later wondered. Maybe just stuff for the hulk. I thought it extended pretty far into the water, but without the hulk track it is hard to tell.

TTA94

Original Poster
I'd like to see IOA take on a major nighttime show with fountains like World of Color, but bigger, PLUS fireworks :) WDW doesn't plan on doing it so why not Universal?

Bob Harlem

I also think Universal should do a light parade. They have already done this at Universal Studios Japan called Magical Starlight.

IOA doesn't have enough room for a parade, but studios does. And this showed up briefly on the Universal Orlando Blog (and quickly taken down since I think it was put up prematurely with a placeholder photo from Japan.
msl.jpg

If that verifies that's a cools tealth project for the studios, a nighttime parade like Magical Starlight is sorely needed there (especially to balance out the adds of Kong/new Hulk)

TTA94

Original Poster
IOA doesn't have enough room for a parade, but studios does. And this showed up briefly on the Universal Orlando Blog (and quickly taken down since I think it was put up prematurely with a placeholder photo from Japan.
View attachment 138905

If that verifies that's a cools tealth project for the studios, a nighttime parade like Magical Starlight is sorely needed there (especially to balance out the adds of Kong/new Hulk)

Seems like we would have heard something already if this were true? I think it could be a mix up and USJ is updating the parade for their Anniversary?

Last edited:

cheezbat

Oh yay, we're possibly getting Japan's hand-me-downs, featuring characters that aren't even in our park. :bored:
If it comes here it will be significantly different from Japan's...since the park doesn't have the rights to many of the properties in the parade.

Could be a cool addition if done right. I'd hope they would add a night show to IOA soon after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom