The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In the past year I've had maybe 5 glasses of wine in total. I do enjoy a nightcap or glass of wine with dinner on vacation.

Yeah, depending on the time of year, me and any alcohol do not mix in the heat and humidity. It generally must wait till night or back at the resort. Sometimes as sad as it is I get a $2.50 bottle of water. Sometimes winter vacations are nice not having the humidity take a toll on ya.

Gabe1

Search feature not working at the moment for me so
@figmentfan423 said: I've been running the numbers for our trip and it looks like we'll at least break even on this trip if we get TIW. just one or 2 locations next year will put it over the top. Yea more spending money to save money:hilarious: at least I'll have an excuse for a second Lapu LOLI've been running the numbers for our trip and it looks like we'll at least break even on this trip if we get TIW. just one or 2 locations next year will put it over the top. Yea more spending money to save money:hilarious: at least I'll have an excuse for a second Lapu LOLr

The problem with TIW is it is now $150 for Annual Pass holders. Break even point about $750 of qualified dining and not all Springs take it or it is lowered to 10%. While places like Flame give 10% for a QS. The annual pass already lends a 10% on some Disney restaurants. It takes a lot of math now to figure out if it is worth the $150 If I lived in Florida or was a snowbird I'd likely hit that. But TIW at least also discounts liquor. This all makes my brain hurt too @Cesar R M :banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 said: I've been running the numbers for our trip and it looks like we'll at least break even on this trip if we get TIW. just one or 2 locations next year will put it over the top. Yea more spending money to save money:hilarious: at least I'll have an excuse for a second Lapu LOLI've been running the numbers for our trip and it looks like we'll at least break even on this trip if we get TIW. just one or 2 locations next year will put it over the top. Yea more spending money to save money:hilarious: at least I'll have an excuse for a second Lapu LOLr

The problem with TIW is it is now $150 for Annual Pass holders. Break even point about $750 of qualified dining and not all Springs take it or it is lowered to 10%. While places like Flame give 10% for a QS. The annual pass already lends a 10% on some Disney restaurants. It takes a lot of math now to figure out if it is worth the $150 If I lived in Florida or was a snowbird I'd likely hit that. But TIW at least also discounts liquor. This all makes my brain hurt too @Cesar R M :banghead:
I did the math all the meals, ap +10 or just 20 or 10. guess worst case is I have 4 Lapus over 2 trips LOL

StarWarsGirl

i'm going to try this today

the Molten Chocolate Latte

6e60e3a0-b180-0133-39d3-06e18a8a4ae5.JPG

Rich chocolatey chips are melted with espresso and combined with our mocha infused steamed milk, then topped with mocha-espresso whipped cream and mocha-espresso drizzle. Like a Molten chocolate cake, it reaches new depths of chocolatey deliciousness.

Only through Valentine's Day.
Chocolate+coffee. No thanks. :hungover:

StarWarsGirl

Very few places take AP discounts. You can ask, but usually, ye shall not receive.

Think about it this way: If you've got 4 people and each person costs about $25 per meal (dinner) then that's about $100 per meal, not counting the tip. So you'd save about $20 per meal. After 8 meals, you've saved $160. If you use it for breakfasts and some QS locations, that's even more saved.

That's just a rough estimate

Pretty sure it is still 20% at Flame Tree, but I'll double check.

Cesar R M

Prices are getting pretty ridiculous.
I actually wonder if they will see a huge downpoint of latin american customers because of the overvalued dollar vs local currencies.
Perhaps they will be replaced by more UK visitors?

catmom46

Rich chocolatey chips are melted with espresso and combined with our mocha infused steamed milk, then topped with mocha-espresso whipped cream and mocha-espresso drizzle. Like a Molten chocolate cake, it reaches new depths of chocolatey deliciousness.

Seems like they should have named it Mocha Madness instead. :p

Gabe1

Maybe BBQ:)
Funny you said BBQ. I commented to @donaldtoo several months ago that I heard the sounds of metal being cut and all sorts of unfamiliar construction type noises. Then there was this old open trailer that appeared in the driveway and he was revising the trailer bed. The next day there was this huge, beautiful smoker loaded on the trailer right down to custom handles. He drove away with it however the trailer came back but the smoker did not. It was fall by the time they moved here from Texas so I'm waiting for Spring to see if I smell BBQ smoke waffling over from across the road.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Did you try it? I'm not a fan of Starbucks, but this looks delicious!

donaldtoo

Have to say I was impressed with Lady Gaga choice of wardrobe and her amazing national anthem. She amazes me that she can go from a far fetched performer to a class act with her musical choices being very diverse.

I was amazed she didn't fall when she slipped. But sure loved her choice of shoes.

gallery-1454894504-gaga-shoes.jpg

cosmo

I usually don't comment much on stuff like this, but, I must say, I too was impressed. I kinda' had a feeling she wouldn't butcher it like so many others have in the past (not just at the Super Bowl). I think Mr. Bennett has had a good influence on her. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom