Another generation: Magic Kingdom (my way)

mharrington

Original Poster
But considering the fact that we have already have a park that can fit Star Wars, and that land is one of the prime saviors of that park, there's really no reason as to why Star Wars Land should be in MK.

I never said Star Wars was going into the MK. This is for another property altogether.

mharrington

Original Poster
I've decided to skip the land for now, not because I don't know what to put in there, which I do, but because I want to build up excitement. If I did it now, it would seem somewhat anti-climactic.

Now, we head into Fantasyland, which "finishes" that which was started: namely, an overhaul of such. As we're coming in from Liberty Square, we'll start with It's a Small World and the Peter Pan ride. Small World will remain more or less the same in terms of content, mainly because there's little room for anything significant here. However, the ride's exterior will be fixed up to do away with tents and such. Instead, it will now have the old-world look now starting to form in other parts of the land. In this case, there will now be an old-world version of the old Small World clock, something like a glockenspiel, like at Epcot. The entrance says that Small World was founded in 1766 by someone named Sir Walter Traverse. The ride, however, may or may not take over the nearby Pinocchio's Village Haus restaurant, which means no more nice views of the ride from there. But more on this later...

As for the Peter Pan ride, it will be overhauled anew to be more like the upcoming one in Shanghai, but improved. Details are sketchy on how the Shanghai ride will be like, but Mickey's PhilharMagic, sad to say, is going to be removed to partially make room for this larger Peter Pan ride. Here's a rough idea for what the exterior will look like:
IMG_4143-X2.jpg

And one more thing, the ride will now have a longer title: "Peter Pan's Flight To Neverland". Anyway, if it is even possible, my idea for the ride will merge with the one coming to Shanghai. The parts of Mickey's PhilharMagic not affected by the Peter Pan ride will become a new restaurant, known as Captain Hook's Tavern. It is similar to Captain Hook's Galley at Tokyo Disneyland...
captain_hooks_galley.jpg

...but the theme is seafood fare, mostly, such as fish and chips. Anyway, that's it for Fantasyland - for now.

Keyblade Jedi

I've decided to skip the land for now, not because I don't know what to put in there, which I do, but because I want to build up excitement. If I did it now, it would seem somewhat anti-climactic.

Now, we head into Fantasyland, which "finishes" that which was started: namely, an overhaul of such. As we're coming in from Liberty Square, we'll start with It's a Small World and the Peter Pan ride. Small World will remain more or less the same in terms of content, mainly because there's little room for anything significant here. However, the ride's exterior will be fixed up to do away with tents and such. Instead, it will now have the old-world look now starting to form in other parts of the land. In this case, there will now be an old-world version of the old Small World clock, something like a glockenspiel, like at Epcot. The entrance says that Small World was founded in 1766 by someone named Sir Walter Traverse. The ride, however, may or may not take over the nearby Pinocchio's Village Haus restaurant, which means no more nice views of the ride from there. But more on this later...

As for the Peter Pan ride, it will be overhauled anew to be more like the upcoming one in Shanghai, but improved. Details are sketchy on how the Shanghai ride will be like, but Mickey's PhilharMagic, sad to say, is going to be removed to partially make room for this larger Peter Pan ride. Here's a rough idea for what the exterior will look like:
IMG_4143-X2.jpg

And one more thing, the ride will now have a longer title: "Peter Pan's Flight To Neverland". Anyway, if it is even possible, my idea for the ride will merge with the one coming to Shanghai. The parts of Mickey's PhilharMagic not affected by the Peter Pan ride will become a new restaurant, known as Captain Hook's Tavern. It is similar to Captain Hook's Galley at Tokyo Disneyland...
captain_hooks_galley.jpg

...but the theme is seafood fare, mostly, such as fish and chips. Anyway, that's it for Fantasyland - for now.

Love the Expansion Project So Far.

mharrington

Original Poster
Seeing as how a lot of the area has been updated, I will head on past most of Fantasyland to the edge of the land there. I'm debating whether to replace the Mad Tea Party with the Honey Pot Spin ride coming to Shanghai (maybe move the teacups to the UK pavilion at Epcot?), or just retain it. I'm torn right now.

orlando678-

Seeing as how a lot of the area has been updated, I will head on past most of Fantasyland to the edge of the land there. I'm debating whether to replace the Mad Tea Party with the Honey Pot Spin ride coming to Shanghai (maybe move the teacups to the UK pavilion at Epcot?), or just retain it. I'm torn right now.
I think you should keep the Mad Tea Party, it would be awkward to have a spinner in the middle of a reality based area( eventhough Frozen ruins this a bit)

DlpPhantom

Maybe make it in too honey pot spin and just don't move tea cups and come up with a new Alice ride

DisneyManOne

I'd say keep the Mad Tea Party. Besides, Alice in Wonderland is criminally underrated in WDW's Fantasyland. If you gut the speedway, there's a chance to add in Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland ride, making a nice little Wonderland sub-area.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'd say keep the Mad Tea Party. Besides, Alice in Wonderland is criminally underrated in WDW's Fantasyland. If you gut the speedway, there's a chance to add in Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland ride, making a nice little Wonderland sub-area.

Well, I do have plans to replace the Speedway, but for better or worse, it's not with Alice. Instead, I'm going to use another Disney property underrated not only at the Magic Kingdom, but at WDW in general: namely, Pinocchio. In fact, I'm going to remove the Pinocchio Village Haus from where it is and move it. More to come there!

Keyblade Jedi

Well, I do have plans to replace the Speedway, but for better or worse, it's not with Alice. Instead, I'm going to use another Disney property underrated not only at the Magic Kingdom, but at WDW in general: namely, Pinocchio. In fact, I'm going to remove the Pinocchio Village Haus from where it is and move it. More to come there!

Shame. I Like the Speedway.

mharrington

Original Poster
The current plan right now is to do something similar with the plot of land surrounding the Speedway with something Fantasyland-related, something like this:
Blog+-+WDW+MK+2025+no+RoA+birds+TL.PNG

However, as I said, it's not going to be Alice-themed. Instead, it's going to be Pinocchio-themed. Stay tuned.

Keyblade Jedi

The current plan right now is to do something similar with the plot of land surrounding the Speedway with something Fantasyland-related, something like this:
Blog+-+WDW+MK+2025+no+RoA+birds+TL.PNG

However, as I said, it's not going to be Alice-themed. Instead, it's going to be Pinocchio-themed. Stay tuned.

Oh I Am Going to Look Forward to See Pinocchio Themed Style.

mharrington

Original Poster
I am indecisive right now about how to do the main Pinocchio attraction. I'm thinking of doing either my well thought-out Pinocchio trackless dark ride or a new roller coaster ride similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but themed to Pleasure Island and Monstro.

The only things I know for certain are that it will contain a relocated Pinocchio's Village Haus (where Cosmic Ray's is right now - sorry, everyone) and something I thought of for a while: a swing ride like the Silly Symphony Swings, something like this:
bsc119_original.jpg

Called "Geppetto's Workshop", you will become one of the woodcarver's puppets, hanging down with their swing chains acting as their strings - a really nice idea! The ride structure itself would have been given a very Victorian look, with a giant clockwork key at the top turning the whole ride into one of Geppetto's toys, and with murals depicting Pinocchio scenes painted all around it. This will become the fourth spinner in Fantasyland and the fourth also to feature murals from a Disney movie!

Oh, and I almost forgot: the Mad Tea Party's design will be redone to be less 1970s. The teacups will be redone to mimic the theme of different Alice characters, with the characters' color schemes and little pieces associated with them (i.e., the Mad Hatter's 10/6 tag, the Cheshire Cat's grin, etc.). Something like the picture below:
mad-hatter-tea-party-cups.jpg

As you can see, there is an idea for the cup with the Cheshire Cat's grin on it. Maybe the one with the green-colored stripe could be themed to the Mad Hatter, with the 10/6 tag on it.

I also noticed that the carousel and now Dumbo have panels that depict scenes of their respective movies ("Cinderella" and "Dumbo", obviously) adorning the central areas. So I decided that the Mad Tea Party, also a spinner ride, should also have images of this kind, too, obviously themed to "Alice". A few ideas for panels are shown below (but more rendered like for Dumbo):
s-l1600.jpg

But like I said, how should I do the second Pinocchio ride, the dark ride or the roller coaster? I believe the Speedway spot is relatively large enough to cover something the size of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Keyblade Jedi

I am indecisive right now about how to do the main Pinocchio attraction. I'm thinking of doing either my well thought-out Pinocchio trackless dark ride or a new roller coaster ride similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but themed to Pleasure Island and Monstro.

The only things I know for certain are that it will contain a relocated Pinocchio's Village Haus (where Cosmic Ray's is right now - sorry, everyone) and something I thought of for a while: a swing ride like the Silly Symphony Swings, something like this:
bsc119_original.jpg

Called "Geppetto's Workshop", you will become one of the woodcarver's puppets, hanging down with their swing chains acting as their strings - a really nice idea! The ride structure itself would have been given a very Victorian look, with a giant clockwork key at the top turning the whole ride into one of Geppetto's toys, and with murals depicting Pinocchio scenes painted all around it. This will become the fourth spinner in Fantasyland and the fourth also to feature murals from a Disney movie!

Oh, and I almost forgot: the Mad Tea Party's design will be redone to be less 1970s. The teacups will be redone to mimic the theme of different Alice characters, with the characters' color schemes and little pieces associated with them (i.e., the Mad Hatter's 10/6 tag, the Cheshire Cat's grin, etc.). Something like the picture below:
mad-hatter-tea-party-cups.jpg

As you can see, there is an idea for the cup with the Cheshire Cat's grin on it. Maybe the one with the green-colored stripe could be themed to the Mad Hatter, with the 10/6 tag on it.

I also noticed that the carousel and now Dumbo have panels that depict scenes of their respective movies ("Cinderella" and "Dumbo", obviously) adorning the central areas. So I decided that the Mad Tea Party, also a spinner ride, should also have images of this kind, too, obviously themed to "Alice". A few ideas for panels are shown below (but more rendered like for Dumbo):
View attachment 131238

But like I said, how should I do the second Pinocchio ride, the dark ride or the roller coaster? I believe the Speedway spot is relatively large enough to cover something the size of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

How about a Trackless Ride with Fully Animatronics (like in TDL's Pooh's Hunny Hunt)

mharrington

Original Poster
Yes, Pinocchio will sing "I've Got No Strings".

Anyway, I need a little help with one scene: instead of Monstro lunging at you as at Disneyland, there is now a scene inside Monstro. You enter the whale through his mouth, like Storybook Land:
11012472993_968af92eda_z.jpg

You would then go into the whale's stomach where you see Pinocchio and Geppetto planning to escape by building a fire. I'm trying to figure out how best to show the escape. Any ideas?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom