Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
So again, who do we all have running from Magic??

My sister and I are in for the Glass Slipper. I'm a guy-this is my first Princess Weekend.

@MeffysMom is doing the Glass Slipper. I will be doing the 5K with our daughter. I'm hoping my knees survive it - last 5K she and I did, she ran and I limped from about 50 yards in, trying to keep her in sight. Going to get taped up at the Expo and hope that it works. Age and bad genetics suck.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So again, who do we all have running from Magic??

My sister and I are in for the Glass Slipper. I'm a guy-this is my first Princess Weekend.

I'm doing the 5K next Friday. Driving down Wednesday and will be picking up my package on Thursday. Hopefully will be able to pick up some excellent merchandise at the same time.

Glad to see the weather is going to start warming up here in Florida beginning of next week. While running when it's NOT hot is much easier, 30 to 40 degree temps is a little too cold. Mid-50s is best and that's what the temperature should be at start time, according to the Weather Channel.

I see the dates for 2017 have been announced, along with the date registration opens. Next year will move up to the 10K since I will have run in the SW 10K in May and will be trained for that distance. What's an extra 3.1 miles?

surfsupdon

My sister and I are leaving on Thursday morning for Disney World! We are excited to compete and have a nice time!! See everybody there

surfsupdon

I had a terrific weekend! How about you?

I ran the 10K with my sister and we had a strong performance. We waited in a long line for a bathroom at Germany, because the lines at the porta potties were even longer.

I ran the Half in my fastest time on that specific course! I ran the first 4 miles with ClifBar Pace Group 1:50 (fast guys were in Corral B), but as we entered the MK I went for my own run and ended up finishing at 1:45.46!!! I was beyond thrilled, and my body felt great. Nothing sore...my new yoga practice has been beneficial!

CONGRATS TO ALL!

surfsupdon

PS - Anybody else notice with the medals how the fabric part that goes around your neck is at least 1/8 inch not as wide as all medal lanyards before?? Check it out - it is a skinnier lanyard. Hmm

dreamfinder

So this may seem weird, but I was told that there were altercations in the merchandise area when the expo first opened. To the point of people throwing glasses and such. Anyone else heard/seen this and care to elaborate? If so, I think that's a new low for the expo and I once again really hope they rethink how they do merchandise.

Texas84

So this may seem weird, but I was told that there were altercations in the merchandise area when the expo first opened. To the point of people throwing glasses and such. Anyone else heard/seen this and care to elaborate? If so, I think that's a new low for the expo and I once again really hope they rethink how they do merchandise.

Wonder if those are non-running collectors. I couldn't even get in to the DL Star Wars merchandise area. Disney won't do it because of the $$$ but that needs to be limited to registered runners. Maybe allow runners to bring family or a few friends.

ispeakshark

I ran my first 5k and half marathon this weekend! I had an absolute blast. It is definitely an emotional experience that you can't explain unless you've done it. I can't thank the volunteers and Rundisney staff enough for all their cheering and words of encouragement!

I did the 5k in 36 minutes and the half in 3:02:09 including meet and greet stops and a bathroom break in Tomorrowland.

Can't wait for Star Wars now to set a better PR!

Journey_On

Congratulations, @surfsupdon and @ispeakshark!

I had a very fun experience at PHM weekend. I did the GSC, and both were new races to me. I can see why people get the runDisney bug - I look forward to signing up for my next one!

I loved all the entertainment on the race course. I liked the characters better for the 10k (some quite unique ones!), but I liked the other non-character entertainment they had for the half (taiko group, gospel choir, marching bands, etc.). It really helped with getting through the course. Also, I didn't even really feel that tired until around mile 11. I used some variation of the run-walk-run method.

Yes, it was a bit crowded on the course at times, but this is to be expected for a rD race. Also on the morning of the 10k, I was SO cold. I was glad to have hand warmers and the mylar blanket with me on the morning of the half. Also for the half, I really liked how there was less time in between when each corral took off.

Overall, I had a fantastic weekend!

surfsupdon

I did not see any altercations - I was there day 1 from about 6-8 in the evening. Easy enough- not even a line to get my Dumbo sneaks. Which I really like btw.

Congratulations to everybody who competed. I hope you had as much fun as we had throughout the weekend.

Texas84

Spoke to a running buddy at the local 5K this morning. His wife ran the Princess half and they lost her proof of time and put her in O. Runner relations wouldn't give her a new corral. This is becoming a problem.

surfsupdon

Spoke to a running buddy at the local 5K this morning. His wife ran the Princess half and they lost her proof of time and put her in O. Runner relations wouldn't give her a new corral. This is becoming a problem.
I've started printing my registrations with proof of time, and bringing them with me just in case.

Mad Stitch

Did they have proof they submitted a time? If I had proof and they still didn't change my corral I'd be demanding to speak with management.

Mad Stitch

Could it be that some of these "lost" times were not verifiable? I'm sure it happens, but I have never heard of anyone getting a message from runDisney saying they couldn't verify the submitted time so they have been moved to back.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
An hour until early registration for the 2017 races opens up and the "register here" button on the DVC website has disappeared!!!

:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom