MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Promo image for the new Disneyland Park show previously mentioned:

CX97mG9WQAE2Lqz.jpg

This show will start next month and then run until the summer when the Frozen sing-along comes back. That is also when Cowboy Cookout BBQ will reopen from it's lengthly refurb.

The Empress Lilly

Promo image for the new Disneyland Park show previously mentioned:

CX97mG9WQAE2Lqz.jpg

This show will start next month and then run until the summer when the Frozen sing-along comes back. That is also when Cowboy Cookout BBQ will reopen from it's lengthly refurb.
I'm actually looking forward to this! Could be fun. And variety of offerings is good, DL lacked shows. With the closing of EO this is the only sit down show in the entire park. And Jedi training I guess, if you want to count that.
Plus it breathes some life back into the western half of Frontierland, such a vast area that was a ghost town for so long - and not out of de liberate theme. Makes for a nice walk, makes the park feel bigger.

The Empress Lilly

Ehhh to me it was a little basic. I know that sounds awful but like it was just kind of corney and while charming, not something I went out my way to see after the first time.
I always used to fall asleep during Animagique! It was only the last time last trip that I finally really appreciated it. Maybe it helped to sit in front.
It was fun, but in a bizarre way. Certainly unique. Will miss those pink elephants.
Those are the best! Love them!!

croboy82

i loved animagique and i'm sad to see it go in a way.

on the other han mickey and the magical map in anaheim is really entertaining so i'm happy to see a paris version of this :)

JDL30

A transcript of an interview with DLP COO Daniel Delcourt provides some details of what's coming to the resort and what efforts have been taken to improve the guest experience:

http://micechat.com/117514-inside-disneyland-paris-meeting-daniel-delcourt-deputy-ceo-operations/

I am soooooo excited to see this. If they continue to deliver the way they have in the last year - attraction refurbs, added entertainment, better food - and then add new attractions, a coherent strategy for the studios and a revamped Village - Europe could really have a Disney Resort to be proud of

FigmentForver96

I am soooooo excited to see this. If they continue to deliver the way they have in the last year - attraction refurbs, added entertainment, better food - and then add new attractions, a coherent strategy for the studios and a revamped Village - Europe could really have a Disney Resort to be proud of
Maybe we can bring this man to our resorts.

deix15x8

A transcript of an interview with DLP COO Daniel Delcourt provides some details of what's coming to the resort and what efforts have been taken to improve the guest experience:

http://micechat.com/117514-inside-disneyland-paris-meeting-daniel-delcourt-deputy-ceo-operations/

Sounds like some great things are coming. Planning my first trip for October 2016. I was disappointed to hear the characters were removed from the hotels since that seemed unique and special to Paris so I'm glad to see it's making a return and will hopefully become permanent again.

Also glad to see that it seems like MyMagic+ is making it's way. Doesn't matter if you want to view it as that or not, but Disney has invested a lot of time and money into the system. They may leave some modules off of it or develop new ones for different implementations, but the heart of the system is still the same one. While the FastPass+ portion of it has a lot of headaches to it (and DL/DLP will likely get their own redeveloped implementation of it), the unifying of all the systems behind a single identity is a great thing that really made my trip to Disney World in 2013 simpler. Didn't realize how nice it was until I went to Disneyland in October this year and kept getting more and more passes and tickets. Not sure I had as many as it sounds like there are in Paris, but it was still a significant number.

There seems to be a stigma agains the Magic Bands, but they would be a great addition. People seem to associate them with everything evil, but if they use a card (Paris) or a band (WDW) it's still just an RFID signal with a key associated with the individuals record in the system. Maybe after they start rolling it out they'll begin to offer bands as an optional purchase for those that want it. Royal Caribbean introduced a similar system last year on their new ships and they give everyone both their traditional card as well as the new band even though they are functionally identical. It was just a way to ease people's fears on the transition and test the waters for adoption of the bands.

JDL30

Disneyland Paris just posted their quarter 1 results:

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2016-02-09-FY16-Q1-Press-release.pdf

The main headlines are that revenues were down by 1% to €338 million, but this is mainly due to the events in Paris last November and both parks closed for 4 days.

However for the first part of the year higher guest spending, hotel capacity and theme park attendance was up - offsetting the damage at the end of 2015.

All in all not as bad as it could have been - seems that the resort is staying resilient, fingers crossed it stays that way.

JDL30

Today is the annual shareholders meeting at DLPR - if you're interested in following what's been said this guy is a pretty good resource on Twtter

https://twitter.com/keiko315

Tom Wolber seems to be handling it well - quite an honest Exec who is dealing with difficult questions very well (honesty rather than platitudes). Interesting question about the 3rd gate, for which he replied that DLPR must ensure the Studios Park becomes a full day experience. Hopefully means lots of investment coming (indeed investment and guest experience seem to be the two biggest buzzwords from the whole event).

dagobert

Today is the annual shareholders meeting at DLPR - if you're interested in following what's been said this guy is a pretty good resource on Twtter

https://twitter.com/keiko315

Tom Wolber seems to be handling it well - quite an honest Exec who is dealing with difficult questions very well (honesty rather than platitudes). Interesting question about the 3rd gate, for which he replied that DLPR must ensure the Studios Park becomes a full day experience. Hopefully means lots of investment coming (indeed investment and guest experience seem to be the two biggest buzzwords from the whole event).

So nothing new for the near future? No news about DLP's 25th Anniversary?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom