Hoop de doo or Backyard BBQ?

DisneyDukie

Original Poster
Hey all! We want to do one of these options on our trip this summer (our window for ADRs opens on Monday), and I'm torn. My kids will be 7 & 5 at time of travel, and both of these experiences would be new. What's the better option for us?

DashRendar

We have done both with two younger kids (now 9 & 7 but younger then). Both kids and adults enjoyed each experience very much. The food and the show at Hoop-Dee-Do are much better IMO.
The Backyard BBQ is fun, but there are no servers and you miss a lot of the show waiting in line to get food and drinks. The audience participation is great at this one as well. If it still isn't too hot every one can have a blast with the wild west show and dancing.
One thing to consider (for either experience) with two kiddos is to go earlier in your stay. We made the mistake of going to Hoop-Dee-Do on our second to last day during our summer '15 visit. The kids were so worn out that they were resting their heads on the table, not eating much, and not really feeling it overall. Contrast this to our first visit to Hoop in '14 on our first night during that trip...the kids were singing along, laughing, and really getting into it.

Schneewittchen

Both are a great choice. My kids have been to both.

As an adult, I think the food is better at Hoop Dee Doo. And the show is a lot of fun for adults. Kids love it too because they get to participate in a parade and play "music". And AC.

The Backyard BBQ might be slightly more fun for kids. They get to dance with the characters and then line up to do meet and greets. My children loved this aspect. And it saves you the trouble of doing it during precious park time. But the food isn't as great and the climate is not controlled, it's a covered outdoor pavilion, so you will get hot and sticky.

For us, Hoop Dee Doo is something we do over and over again. The Backyard BBQ was probably just a one time deal for us.

mishel635

Never done Hoop de Doo but my kids and I LOVED Mickey's Backyard BBQ. The rope tricks, corny jokes, and character dance party was right up my kids' alley ( they were 4 and 6). And the unlimited Mickey ice cream bars didn't hurt either. ;)
If you like traditional BBQ food, it's pretty good. My husband and I enjoyed a few glasses of beer and wine. Would definitely recommend it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom