The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I would love for someone else to plan a date like that for me! Or a trip. While I enjoy planning, I don't mind giving the reins to someone else. :cat:

As I've said we'd usually hit Disney for 2 weeks in the fall and if not then some other time also normally for 2 weeks. When my kids were young I still worked outside the home full time. With young kids I shopped for clothing, sundries and stuff necessary, made pet rearrangements, packed 4 peoples stuff delivered pets, got house in order plus 100% of the vacation arrangements. By the time we were ready to go I was so tired. I remember one trip I did question if all this prep was worth it and there wasn't ADR, FP+ and planning which park which day stuff either. Still when we were down there, the following day after sleep it all melted away.

Cesar R M

Nope, the storm was that strong and they didn't sail around it as advised. Now the NTSB is opening an investigation. Last year when we sailed Carnival we couldn't make port at Grand Turk because of a storm and double-timed out of the area. Never felt a thing but they did close the sports deck that day.
Theres video online about the whole thing. The waves seemed pretty big with supposed hurricane force winds.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We build 5 emergency days into the calendar. As an example the last day of school is June 3rd and if the schools don't close the Last Day is moved up to May 27th.
I wish my district would just do that! They don't want to move graduation or finals so they give the kids Fridays off if we don't use all of ours. Last time that happened i had a house full of boys every Friday for over a month:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They're bigger now and they eat more:eek::arghh::bawling::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gabe1

sounds like serious stupidity/greed of whoever controls the water treatment plant.
This made me flip...but it didn't surprise me.

"An official says the state of Michigan has offered fresh bottled water at a state building in Flint for a year — although residents were told not to worry about their tap water until last fall.

Caleb Buhs, a spokesman for the agency that manages state buildings, says the water coolers began in January 2015 after Flint had flunked some drinking water standards apart from the lead contamination that has caused the current crisis."

Gabe1

I wish my district would just do that! They don't want to move graduation or finals so they give the kids Fridays off if we don't use all of ours. Last time that happened i had a house full of boys every Friday for over a month:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They're bigger now and they eat more:eek::arghh::bawling::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

We don't move Graduation, 8th or 12th. Venue space almost impossible to reschedule. Finals not an issue, it is a memo.

Gabe1

Our staff drive this option, they want summer to start a week sooner. Rarely do we extend the school year though if we use more than the 5 days. Messes with summer construction type contracts.

StarWarsGirl

So has anyone seen the new Finding Dory posters? Or, I think a better question might be, does anyone on these forums even care about Finding Dory at all?
I'm still recovering from the glorious spectacle that is Star Wars.

In all seriousness, I can't say I'm a fan. Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie, and I'd hate to see them screw up on a sequel like they did with Cars 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom