BLT lake view ??s

The Crickets

Original Poster
We have reservation for BLT lake view studio in March. Looking for best room view...not doing pool view as it is closed.....any suggestions ??

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Umm, all the lake views overlook the pool, since the pool is in the back near the lake. :confused: Just request an upper floor for the best views, IMHO.

epcotisbest

Umm, all the lake views overlook the pool, since the pool is in the back near the lake. :confused: Just request an upper floor for the best views, IMHO.
Actually there are many rooms on the side away from the pool with lake view. The building is shaped like a big C and the rooms toward the open end of the C on the outside have lake view. The ones on the lower part of the C have a good view of the lake and Contemporary. Some have a better view of the Contemporary than lake, especially rooms near the walkway to Contemporary. The inside of the C rooms all look toward the pool, but even with construction, I would imagine a high floor would still have a nice view. Here is our view from a couple of years ago overlooking the pool.

image.jpeg

alliemoose

We have reservation for BLT lake view studio in March. Looking for best room view...not doing pool view as it is closed.....any suggestions ??

I stayed at the BLT for the first time 3 weeks ago. I was in room 8240, 12th floor. It had a great overall view of the lake. It was great watching the water electrical parade and we could see fireworks in the distance from Hollywood Studios, and I believe Epcot.

I have to say, we were a bit disappointed by the BLT in regards to size of the living space and the condition of the furniture, but I think this comes from staying in the main tower of the Contemporary resort and being spoilt by size there. The resort felt very city centre apartment to us as well (just not our cup of tea), but the view was spectacular and you can't beat that walk over to MK.

IMG_1416.JPG

glvsav37

If I'm staying lake view, I prefer the view above, on the CR side and overlooking the marina/ferry dock. Great sweeping view of the CR, WL and the ferry boats running across.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you don't want to see the pool ask for an even number room as high as possible for best view. You may even be able to see Wishes and part of MK from your room. The only downside is you might face the parking lot so lower floor rooms have less private balconies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I stayed at the BLT for the first time 3 weeks ago. I was in room 8240, 12th floor. It had a great overall view of the lake. It was great watching the water electrical parade and we could see fireworks in the distance from Hollywood Studios, and I believe Epcot.

I have to say, we were a bit disappointed by the BLT in regards to size of the living space and the condition of the furniture, but I think this comes from staying in the main tower of the Contemporary resort and being spoilt by size there. The resort felt very city centre apartment to us as well (just not our cup of tea), but the view was spectacular and you can't beat that walk over to MK.

View attachment 129851
The studio rooms are on the smaller side. The 1BR and 2BR villas are among the largest.

BuddyThomas

The few nights I stayed in a studio, it didn't feel any different than, say, the Sheraton Four Points in Times Square (minus the excitement a few blocks over ;)). To be fair our home resort is DAK Lodge, so its like comparing apples to oranges.
Good info. Thanks!

glvsav37

What's dull about it? Just curious. Thanks.

while i love BLT, the theming is...well generic....for what is considered a deluxe. It's supposed to compliment the contemporary, and while that resort is far from 'modern' anymore, at least it has the grand concourse and monorail type of uniqueness.

Put BLT up against the quaintness of Y&B Club or immersive feeling of Wilderness Lodge or AKL and BLT indeed lacks personality. But, that said, you can't beat the convince if you are a heavy MK park visitor. I love the other resorts, but right now with my kids being so young, I trade the overall beauty of those for the location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom