Celebrating 15 years of California Adventure

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Look at how Disney cheapens out when it comes to DCA... This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread. Disney knows the hardcore DL fans generally don't care for DCA, so instead of putting some effort into anniversary decorations, like they do for Disneyland, they do this:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_CauzhOVUYAAkG-R.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

Bairstow

Meanwhile, at Tokyo DisneySea...

TDSA7758564.jpg

Yeesh. What's wrong with their eyes? Why are they inset into their sockets so far?

Look at how Disney cheapens out when it comes to DCA... This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread. Disney knows the hardcore DL fans generally don't care for DCA, so instead of putting some effort into anniversary decorations, like they do for Disneyland, they do this:

View attachment 129811

It's understandable, considering that the Disneyland 60th overlapped and rightly got a bigger treatment. Is there even a reason to make a big deal about the 15th anniversary of an expansion park? Especially when the original opening of the park isn't the proudest moment in the company's history.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It's understandable, considering that the Disneyland 60th overlapped and rightly got a bigger treatment. Is there even a reason to make a big deal about the 15th anniversary of an expansion park? Especially when the original opening of the park isn't the proudest moment in the company's history.

Disney had, and still has, the money to cook up something nice for DCA, even coming from the heels of Disneyland's 60th. They just chose not to.

I'm fairly positive they'll put in more effort in five years when DCA hits 20.

Bairstow

Disney had, and still has, the money to cook up something nice for DCA, even coming from the heels of Disneyland's 60th. They just chose not to.

I'm fairly positive they'll put in more effort in five years when DCA hits 20.
It's not a question of limited money so much as it is about limited guest enthusiasm for compounding anniversary dates and signage space. Of the two anniversaries, the 60th was definitely the most important and the most profitable, so Disney wisely chose not to put too much peanut butter in the chocolate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom