Wanting to suprise Hubby......

Hi all,

I need some ideas....

Me and the Hubby are staying at the Art of Animation on the 15th April for 2 weeks until 29th April from the UK. We're due to arrive at the Hotel on Friday 15th at around 6pm. I want to do something special for my Husband when we arrive, like have something put in the room or something, but I just don't know what!

My Husband has been my rock for the last couple of (very tough) years, and he has paid for this trip for us to cheer me up, and I really want to do something special for him to say thank you and show him how much I appreciate him.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

xxx

CAPTAIN HOOK

While the suggestions from @wdwmagic are great - I would be wary of "time-specific" ideas on your arrival day in case your flights are delayed. These would be ideal for your first full day at WDW (along with a meal at any number of lovely dining venues) where you are in control of your timings.

My only suggestion would be to have something ordered (for example - from Amazon.com - not the UK site !!) and have it delivered to the front desk of your resort so it's there in time for check-in

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
While the suggestions from @wdwmagic are great - I would be wary of "time-specific" ideas on your arrival day in case your flights are delayed. These would be ideal for your first full day at WDW (along with a meal at any number of lovely dining venues) where you are in control of your timings.

My only suggestion would be to have something ordered (for example - from Amazon.com - not the UK site !!) and have it delivered to the front desk of your resort so it's there in time for check-in
Yep agreed. I wouldn't do it on arrival day - I'd just have the tickets as the arrival day surprise.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Hi all,

I need some ideas....

Me and the Hubby are staying at the Art of Animation on the 15th April for 2 weeks until 29th April from the UK. We're due to arrive at the Hotel on Friday 15th at around 6pm. I want to do something special for my Husband when we arrive, like have something put in the room or something, but I just don't know what!

My Husband has been my rock for the last couple of (very tough) years, and he has paid for this trip for us to cheer me up, and I really want to do something special for him to say thank you and show him how much I appreciate him.

xxx

There is a groupon for Characters in Flight in Disney Springs. It's a tethered balloon that goes 400 ft in the air. It's $10 each.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/aerophile-12?bypass=true

Maybe one of those tiny jet boat rentals would be cool too.

They also do a private group Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Lunch at Jiko. Wanyama Safari.

Upvote 0

wendyphant

There is a groupon for Characters in Flight in Disney Springs. It's a tethered balloon that goes 400 ft in the air. It's $10 each.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/aerophile-12?bypass=true

Maybe one of those tiny jet boat rentals would be cool too.

They also do a private group Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Lunch at Jiko. Wanyama Safari.

wowsers we are going to do that in May there are 9 of us so that is a big money saver thank you

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Check out Disney Floral and Gifts online. The official Disney Florist and gift shop. They have some great options that can be secretly delivered to your room for a surprise. I have used them to surprise my hubby many times before. :)

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

Take him on a monorail pub crawl! It's one of my husband and I's favorite thing to do. Take the bus from your resort over to the MK and walk over to the Contemporary. We usually start at the Wave at the Contemporary then work our way over to the Grand Floridian and have a drink at Mizner's Lounge. After that head over to the Polynesian and grab a Lapu Lapu at the Tambo Lounge then cap the night off with a drink at Trader Sam's! :)

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Take him on a monorail pub crawl! It's one of my husband and I's favorite thing to do. Take the bus from your resort over to the MK and walk over to the Contemporary. We usually start at the Wave at the Contemporary then work our way over to the Grand Floridian and have a drink at Mizner's Lounge. After that head over to the Polynesian and grab a Lapu Lapu at the Tambo Lounge then cap the night off with a drink at Trader Sam's! :)

Well this sounds awesome. Do you have any suggestions for drinks?

Upvote 0

Disney Shib

Well this sounds awesome. Do you have any suggestions for drinks?

Oh man where do I begin? At the Wave I usually go with a Schofferhofer grapefruit beer, get the pallet going lol. It always turns into two but hey it's vacation right. At Mizner's I always get the Grand Cocktail and my husband loves the Rusty Nail. We pair it with the cheese plate on the appetizer menu. Tambu Lounge is always the Lapu Lapu!

Upvote 0

Gurt

Hi all,

I need some ideas....

xxx

As someone suggested some beers after a long travel day I thought I would mention I would order from Garden Grocer to be delivered, less expensive than the beers Disney deliver, also if you order in advance on the Garden Grocer website you get a discount.

Upvote 0

Disneykings

We had a cake delivered for our daughters birthday via Disney Floral and Gifts online. It came with a personalised card and decorated beautifully. Tasted amazing too!! We also booked Cirque du Soleil tickets in advance with amazing seats. One of her presents from home was a beautiful dress to wear out. Maybe you could organise your hubby a special evening of surprises. Take the boat to Springs for the show, its an added free extra that makes with extra special. I can second Garden Grocer, there excellent and can hunt out anything you want thats not on there site. Have an amazing holiday :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom