I'm torn

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is your plan to be in the MK before and after? If so, I think Kona is more of a hassle than it's worth.
That's a great question and the answer is maybe. It's going to be near the end of our trip so while I think so it will depend on if we missed a bunch of things in the other parks.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree with @HouCuseChickie. A quiet lunch outside the park is my ideal afternoon break. I'd definitely choose Kona Café over the Plaza, although I'd probably pick the Grand Floridian Café or the lounge at the Wave over Kona.
We'll hit GF Cafe another day and no lounge with the kids. They have no say about this meal LOL

aw14

I have not tried the plaza, but have heard decent to mediocre reviews. I will say, I did enjoy Kona for Dinner on our last trip, although our waitress was ehhh. I think that was just bad luck

danyoung56

I've only had breakfast at the Kona, but I've had many lunches at the Plaza. If you're going to stay inside the park, the Plaza is a fine choice (I always get the reuben sandwich). But if you want to get out of the park for a bit, the Kona is probably the better choice of the two.

Weather_Lady

I love an excuse to take the monorail somewhere and I like to eat non-American-style food on vacation, so I'd vote for Kona -- plus, it gives you a chance to meander around the Polynesian. If, however, you'd rather not "waste time" with the commute, the Plaza's food is quite good (of the sandwich and salad variety) and more reasonably-priced than most lunch venues for what you get.

Mukta

I prefer the food and atmosphere at Kona. Plaza always feels crowded to me. If time is an issue though, leaving the park isn't worth it

NiarrNDisney

Personally I like stepping away from the crowds for a bit getting a bite to eat and recharging/regrouping away from all the hustle and bustle so I would go with Kona Café. Plus they have awesome food as well as my favorite sushi! Oh and Kona serves alcohol - so relaxing with a cocktail before returning to the park gives it my full support.

Last edited:

DizneyPryncess

I've enjoyed the meals we have had at both, but Kona is a big family favorite here. I'd have to vote for that, unless it's a time constraint, then the Plaza would be a good choice as well. If you have the time, head over to Kona for a park break.

mouse_luv

I'd take the Plaza any day of the week over Kona. The food is way better and cheaper at that and it's incredibly filling as well. The chef is also great at the Plaza (can't say that for Kona--plus their quality of food has gone down in the last 3-4 yrs).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would alsos ay Kona, they have a tofu noodle dish for you, now Plaza has a very good veggie sandwich and milkshakes. The deciding factor would be do you want a lapu lapu.
Such a silly question. Do I want a Lapu? Let me think...........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Mr. Puma

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom