Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Eric1955

So, I ended up buying a different tv stand than the one I was considering. It comes tomorrow, along with the chairs.

The coffee table I currently use (Fontana Collection by Broyhill) is going downstairs with the matching armoire; so now I need a new coffee table. I have been to a half a dozen furniture stores and spent hours online, but nothing is exactly right.

And then I had the brilliant idea of using one I already have. @Eric1955 will love it because it is straight out of the 70's. I'm not sure how old it is, but there is never a time that I don't remember this coffee table bring in my mom's living room. I remember she refinished it in the mid-70's after all of my younger brothers were done teething.

I have spent the last few hours cleaning away 40+ years of grime and nicotine. It's been TSP'd and lightly sanded. Next up, primer and multiple coats of paint (not stain).

Once it's painted, I have to decide between a clear glass or lightly grey smoked glass top.

A work in progress - I forgot to take pics before I started.

View attachment 129782 View attachment 129783

Close-up:
View attachment 129784

Maybe you could add some harvest gold or burnt orange colors to the room. ;)

Eric1955

Probably because people associate 70s with Disco, when in fact there was a ton of really great music during that decade. Much richer and more complex than a lot of the pop carp nowadays.

So true! But disco is great too. I think a lot of people that make fun of disco secretly like it. They might not admit it but you know if "I Will Survive" comes on the radio most of them can't help but sing along.

catmom46

It's going ok I guess, but yes I still have tons of homework. I spent most of today working on a take-home exam that I still haven't finished. Luckily Mardi Gras break is giving me some time to catch up on my work.

They have a break for Mardi Gras, like spring or winter break? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom