Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
No, ive seen the original trilogy several times. Robocop 3 is actually my favorite of those as well. Just marathoning everything lately lol.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
‘Mama’ Sequel to Be Directed By ‘Starry Eyes’ Duo
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3378163/mama-sequel-to-be-directed-by-starry-eyes-duo/

Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch, the duo behind 2014 cult horror Starry Eyes, are in final negotiations to rewrite and direct the sequel to Mama, Universal’s surprise 2013 horror hit, reports Heat Vision.

The original movie, directed by Andres Muschetti and executive produced by Guillermo del Toro, “told a tale of two kids, orphaned and left in the woods for five years, who are taken in by their uncle and aunt. They unwittingly also bring with them an evil force.”

Jessica Chastain and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau starred in the movie that grossed $71 million domestically and $75 million internationally on a budget of $15 million.

[Related Post] Guillermo del Toro’s Mama Originally Had Practical Effects!

Scott Bernstein and Russell Ackerman are producing the new pic. Lava Bear also is producing. There’s no mention of Guillermo del Toro, who executive produced the initial haunter.

Widmyer and Kolsch are also attached to direct Exorcism Diaries for Lionsgate label Summit Entertainment. The duo most recently directed a segment for XYZ Films’ horror anthology Holidays.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
‘Saw’: Lionsgate Begins Developing Next Sequel, ‘Legacy’
Back in 2004 Jigsaw became a household name when Lionsgate carved out a theatrical release for James Wan and Leigh Whannell’s low-budget festival fav Saw.

It was so successful that it became an annual tradition to expect a new Saw sequel each and every October.

The games came to an end with 2010’s Saw 3D (Saw: The Final Chapter), which was pegged as the end of the franchise. Yet, the final scene set up a world that could easily be expanded.

[Related Post] Which Saw Trap Device Are You?

Since then, Lionsgate has been taking a breather. We’ve reported multiple times that the seventh Saw wasn’t the end, and that the studio has even considered remaking Wan and Whannell’s film that’s one of the most important horror films of all time.

After five years of pitches, and a re-release of the classic back in 2014, Lionsgate has decided to move forward with an eighth film in the franchise, according to a trustworthy tracking board.

Lionsgate has tapped writing duo Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger – the duo behind Sorority Row, Piranha 3D and Piranha 3DD – to pen Saw: Legacy, although there’s no story details at this time.

James Wan, who has gone on to direct Insidious, The Conjuring, Dead Silence and Fast 7, will executive produce with Whannell.

disney4life2008

I love the original Halloween but that music scares the heck out of me and it plays on the bus to hollywood studios.. yikes!! One time it was just me and the bus driver on the bus when it started playing at 10pm at night i was mortified.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Neve Campbell Would Consider a Return to ‘Scream’?
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3382187/neve-campbell-would-consider-a-return-to-scream/

Just yesterday The Guardian posted an interview with Neve Campbell, star of the four Scream films, in which she stated “I’m so glad those days are over.”

While the interview bits sounded callous, I just thought it was more of her reflecting on what it took for her to get to where she is now: starring on Netflix’s “House of Cards.”

It was easy to take it as a slap in the face to Wes and the Scream films, but I don’t think it was that at all, which is why I’m happy EW has this juicy quote from Campbell:

That said, she isn’t opposed to seeing her other claim to fame return if it’s handled correctly. After starring in four ‘Scream’ films, Campbell says that she would be open to considering another turn as scream queen Sidney Prescott, but the decision would be “a tough one” after the death of franchise director Wes Craven.

“Wes was so responsible for the success of it and the brilliance of it, and he was a dear, dear friend and a mentor, and I just don’t know how I would feel at the moment if it came around again,” she explains. “It would have to be something really special and really different. They’d have to be really convincing about who they decided to bring on as director, and I’d still have to do a bit of soul-searching on that one.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom