Wanna try some where new! Help me Choose!

Which Resort Would you Choose?

• Coronado

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Port Orleans French Quarter

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Port Orleans Riverside

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Hey every one, We are planning our 2016 trip and we have been staying at Caribbean Beach for years, we decided to try another Moderate. I would like to know between Coronado, POFQ and POR which one you would choose and why>? Also how the busses and food courts are, do they have a kiddie play area for the children pools? Thanks everyone!!!

NiarrNDisney

Coronado Springs always gets my vote!
They have an awesome themed pool, one of the best bus services on property and quite a few dining options.

patch553

All 3 are great but personally we'd go with Coronado, U won't go wrong with any of you're choices but coronados main pool is awesome, the resort is a little more spacious than the others but the theming is beautiful at all 3

Tinkerbella16

We have stayed at all of the moderates and our favorite one, hands down is Riverside. It really is the perfect resort, without breaking the bank too much. The food court is the best food court of all of the values and moderate resorts - so many options, with a create your own salad and pasta station! The grounds are beautiful, the main pool is great, and the boats to Disney Springs are so nice and very convenient. The theming is my favorite at POR, and we love the Royal Rooms!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I liked the vibe from POR, so I vote for that. It has a small resort feel, given the layout. Its really a nice resort that I'd love to go back too.

DisneyFans4Life

I've stayed at all three and my vote would be for POR. They are all themed very well, but Coronado is a bit spread out...so it can be quite a walk from your room to the food court area. I wouldn't necessarily count that as a negative, just something to keep in mind.

POR has a great pool and food court, plus you can take a boat ride to Disney Springs, do a bike ride or fishing excursion...all this and not even leave the resort grounds. As another poster said, you can create your own pasta as well!

Matt_Black

I've only stayed at POR, and that was way back when it was called Dixie Landings. I remember thinking it was very pleasant.

Now, regarding food, I've heard nothing but good things about Coronado's food court.

Glasgow

Coronado and CBR are pretty similar in terms of layout, pool features and size. We like CS a little better because of the immaculate grounds, a few extra amenities and the restaurants. POFQ is fine and many people like it but we had a poor experience there, plus it reminded me too much of Florida and the gulf coast itself .. if I'm going with a themed resort, I want it to be themed differently than what I'm around all the time :) In summary, I'd choose CS for the pool, bus service, restaurants and beautiful grounds.

Stellajack

Premium Member
POR is our favorite resort! Given its close distance to POFQ you really get the best of both resorts. The POR food court is great and the grounds are stunning. Riverside also has 5-6 "quiet pools" in addition to Ol' Man Island which has a spa, water slide and play area. I get a homesick feeling just talking about this place. My DH and I go back in May to stay at POFQ which is also very nice.

slappy magoo

I've stayed at Riverside. I'm intrigued by Coronado. One nice thing about Coronado is that there seems to be more on-site dining options in case you need 'em. At Riverside, there's the food court and a sit down restaurant that's only open for dinner (which is "shared" with Port Orleans French Quarter, plus pizza delivery. Coronado, not only are there more places to eat you have a full room service menu. If you either plan to or wind up needing to spend more time at your hotel, this comes in handy. To wit - our last vacation was late August 2014. It was one of the hottest if not THE hottest summers on record in Orlando (and everywhere). So a lot of our plans to go to parks in the morning, rest in the afternoon and then go back to parks at night had to be revised or else we'd drop from the heat. We wound up spending more time in the pools (we stayed at Bay Lake). We arranged for more sit down meals in the Contemporary and other monorail resorts so it wasn't so uncomfortable getting there. And then back to the pool or a super early bed time so it was easier to get to the parks and use morning extra magic hours.

So if you wind up in a similar situation, or maybe someone in your party gets sick and can't go out, having onsite dining options and room delivery are nice options. As well, the main pool and playground are supposed to be top notch. And there's an on-site gym and an on-site club if you've a hankering for health or nightlife.

The main negative with Coronado is that it does cater more to conventions than the other moderates (while still being totally family-friendly). So you might see more suits and people walking around with binders and talking shop. I'm sure it's easy to ignore.

Riverside has about 180 more rooms. Still a very nicely themed main pool and 5 quiet pools (I think Coronado only has 3). Riverside has boat access to Disney Springs (as does French Quarter, Old Key West & Saratoga); Coronado does not. If you like shopping or plan to do anything like go to Cirque or bowling or take in a movie, not only is the boat a nice option, considering the work still being done in the Springs areas it might be necessary. Even buses might take longer to get to and from versus buses for now, just due to the extra traffic construction necessitates (which of course might be done by the time your trip begins).

Were I you, I think I'd opt for Coronado. But I'm not. Which is a shame because I could have really used your PIN number.

Tom 55

My vote goes to POFQ. That has been our favorite resort to stay at. I like the size of the resort. None of the building are that long of a walk to the pool or front desk. Poll has a Dragon slide and more items being built for kids.There is only 1 bus stop so there is no delay as your bus drives around the resort to pick up and unload. If you want to do a sit down meal go for a short walk along the river to Boatwrights at POR. They play free movies at night and have a campfire to cook marshmallows for smores. You can take a boat ride to POR or Disney Springs. They have a horse draw carriage rides.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 12

Bairstow

They're all very nice resorts and have their advantages.

French Quarter is nice and compact, so if you're planning on maximizing your park time and minimizing your down time, it's a charming but convenient place to crash. Good food, too.

Dixie Landings is relaxing and shady, with several different pool options and nice places to sit and enjoy the view, like the waterwheel, the landing, etc. Both it and French Quarter have boat service to Downtown Disney, which you've got to try at least once.

Coronado is massive, and basically 3 resorts in one, with lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Decent food, and lots of options, and arguably the most tastefully-decorated interior rooms on property.

Epcot82Guy

I voted CSR - but by a very small margin. (For example, I did a split stay at CSR and POFQ last year, and my upcoming trip will be POR.) You'll really enjoy any of them. For some general pros and cons.

CSR - The most beautiful of the moderates for me. The pool area is great. It is larger, and there is a convention focus. But, I like it. It has a slightly similar feel to CBR - especially with the Cabanas area. Getting a water view room here (or higher) is great so you don't see or feel the parking lot.

POR - Really nice atmosphere. Very relaxed. The pool is under renovation but will be ready soon. Access to the Disney Springs boats is a nice touch. It tends to be pretty crowded, but they manage flow well. River view is great here - but not necessarily worth the price. Garden is better, but you can sometimes get parking lot views still (especially in magnolia bend).

POFQ - Much smaller. It's nice on one hand, since it feels more intimate. On the other hand, you don't get the full "immersion" as much. The theme is fun - though I wish it was done with more detail in some regards. Again, boat access is great. Their pool is fun, and they are building a kid water play area. Bus is awesome, since it's one stop and dedicated to the smaller resort. River view here is awesome. Pricey, but nice.

With all of this, I typically let price dictate to help me make my decision. Nice tie breaker!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom