The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Good morning all. We had a safe trip home. Thanks for all the well wishes. I will be off a couple days, I picked up a nasty bug at Disney. Cold chills, fever , monster headache, and sniffles, and cough. I'm going to catch up later. And do some napping today, when I'm not coughing or sneezing. At least I brought an unexpected souvenir back with me. ;)

Feel better soon! Sending pixie dust for a quick recovery. :inlove:

catmom46

Regular SWG95 has been replaced by stressed out SWG95. Stressed out SWG95 has lots of homework. Stressed out SWG95 is more concerned with not going to school than snow. Regular SWG95 figures she'll move to FL within the next few years and is willing to defer to stressed out SWG95's judgement

For some reason as I read this it was in a robot's voice in my head. :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Talk about having the last word. :hilarious:

funny-snarky-tombstone-psycho-0.jpg

This one actually DID make me OMG and LOL...!!!!! :jawdrop: :hilarious: ;) :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My dh was so upset when the bakery left even the free stuff at the soft opening didn't soften the blow.

I didn't object to Starbucks coming to WDW or Joffery either. Both are what I need in the morning and so much more palatable than that rot gut syrup coffee they served forever. It was just picking the Fountain and the Bakery to give the axe to made me sad. Those cinnamon buns at Gastons are a far cry from the bakery on Main Street. Both were nice indoor seating areas to take a break and have something yummy and often unique.

Gabe1

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but, I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents, as well.
When we had it back during our June of '13 trip, it was cute and novel enough, but, basically just some gray frosting-tasting stuff on a plate with some pearly candies sprinkled on top.
As I said, cute and novel enough at the time... :)

View attachment 129686

Yep. And on that same note I was surprised Disney Management had their wait staff start denying guests requests for a dab of Grey stuff. It was as you said cute and a novelty but to tick off some guests while dining just seemed to be a bad choice. Guests paying that much money for a dinner and say 'no grey for you' didn't end a meal nicely for many and the poor wait staff that had to say Sorry, no.

Me if I was the empress of BOG I would have put a complimentary dab or two on each table at dessert time. Cheaper than the Adnes mints that you receive at the Olive Garden or lollipops at so many restaurants. What could it possibly cost them a day?

Gabe1

Have to say I was impressed with Lady Gaga choice of wardrobe and her amazing national anthem. She amazes me that she can go from a far fetched performer to a class act with her musical choices being very diverse.

I was amazed she didn't fall when she slipped. But sure loved her choice of shoes.

gallery-1454894504-gaga-shoes.jpg

cosmo

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I miss The Harmony Barber Shop at the Center Street location. It fit very nicely there and a great place for kids to wait outside for their turn. Harmony isn't bad where it is now but next to the FireStation-that really isn't a fire station any longer. Yet another reminder changes were not necessarily for a better experience. But hey, at least Disney didn't make Harmony go bye-bye like the Bakery of yesteryear.

East and West Center Streets were both so charming, and I felt they "balanced" out Main Street USA. When they took out West Center Street to expand the Emporium (per @donaldtoo 's comment), I thought it (visually) made the entrance to Main Street USA somewhat lopsided. But that's just my own preference; I liked the symmetry of East and West. I've always been drawn to small, out of the way places; they intrigue me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning all. We had a safe trip home. Thanks for all the well wishes. I will be off a couple days, I picked up a nasty bug at Disney. Cold chills, fever , monster headache, and sniffles, and cough. I'm going to catch up later. And do some napping today, when I'm not coughing or sneezing. At least I brought an unexpected souvenir back with me. ;)

What a terrible souvenir to bring home! I hope you feel better soon.

Gabe1

East and West Center Streets were both so charming, and I felt they "balanced" out Main Street USA. When they took out West Center Street to expand the Emporium (per @donaldtoo 's comment), I thought it (visually) made the entrance to Main Street USA somewhat lopsided. But that's just my own preference; I liked the symmetry of East and West. I've always been drawn to small, out of the way places; they intrigue me.

Me too.

While it was previously so much prettier, the path from the Castle to Tomorrowland-ish. It was always cooler with all the landscaping too.
The+Cinderella+Fountain+-+Wishing+Well+in+the+Magic+Kingdom+05.JPG

marcio

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom